My binoculars finally arrived

Discuss binoculars.
Lady Fraktor Slovakia
Articles: 0

My binoculars finally arrived

Post by Lady Fraktor »

A thank you to John for his recent review of his new Vortex Optics Diamondback 8x32 binoculars.
After a few Pms I ordered a set and they arrived a few days ago.
For some strange reason the retailers in Slovakia, Czechia and Austria were sold out or did not have stock. We had to purchase them from the retailer in Germany.
Cost is € 239 with DPH/ € 4,9 shipping
vortexoptik.de
Seven Oaks Gmbh
Buscher Holzweg 110
Krefeld, 47802 Germany

Neither Sabin or I need to worry about the eye relief (so far) so no modifications required there though I will keep John modification in my mind for the future.

The binoculars are a convenient size and weight od 11.43 cm length by 11.68 cm width and weight of 439.4 (15.5 oz) or 460 grams (16.23 oz) with lens covers in place. An excellent size and weight for cycling or storing in the dash compartment when travelling. These came with a black zippered hardcase, lightly padded neckstrap and a small cleaning cloth. Magnesium body with rubber coating, argon purged and
According to reviews these are the 3rd generation and the coatings are improved over the last two series and the way to ID these new version is the HD written on the center focuser.

Viewing conditions have not been the greatest but when I was able to view some nearby high contrast targets, CA was quite minimal and the targets were bright.

These are designed in USA, built in China and have a lifetime warranty. Original owner will have damage repaired or binoculars replaced for free while you own them.
Some nice refractors, eyepieces, mounts and related equipment
The only culture I have is from yogurt
jrkirkham United States of America

TSS Photo of the Day

TSS Awards Badges

Re: My binoculars finally arrived

Post by jrkirkham »

Congratulations, enjoy the new views.
Rob
Telescopes: 50mm refractor, ED80 triplet, 90mm makcass, 10" dob, 8"SCT, 11"SCT
Mounts: Celestron CGX, Orion Sirius + several camera tripods
Cameras: Canon 6D, Canon 80D, ZWO-ASI120MC
Binoculars: 10x50, 12x60, 15x70, 25-125x80
Observatory: SkyShed POD XL3 + 8x12 warm room
AL Projects Completed: Lunar #645, Outreach #0280, Universe Sampler #93-T, Binocular Messier #871, Messier #2521, Messier Honorary #2521, Constellation Hunter Northern Skies #112, Planetary Transit Venus #1, Galileo #26, Outreach Stellar 0280, Meteor Regular #157, Solar System Telescopic #209-I, Observer Award #1
AL Projects Currently in Process: Double Stars, Comet, Lunar Evolution
messier 111 Canada

TSS Awards Badges

Post by messier 111 »

clear sky to you , congrat .
I LOVE REFRACTORS , :Astronomer1: :sprefac:

REFRACTOR , TS-Optics Doublet SD-APO 125 mm f/7.8 . Lunt 80mm MT Ha Doublet Refractor .

EYEPIECES, Delos , Delite and 26mm Nagler t5 , 2 zoom Svbony 7-21 , Orion Premium Linear BinoViewer .

FILTER , Nebustar 2 tele vue . Apm solar wedge . contrast booster 2 inches .

Mounts , cg-4 motorized , eq6 pro belt drive .

“Your assumptions are your windows on the world. Scrub them off every once in a while, or the light won't come in.”
― Isaac Asimov

Jean-Yves :flags-canada:
Bigzmey Online United States of America
Articles: 8

TSS Awards Badges

Post by Bigzmey »

Congrats on the new glass Gabby!
Scopes: Stellarvue: SV102ED; Celestron: 9.25" EdgeHD, 8" SCT, 150ST, Onyx 80ED; iOptron: Hankmeister 6" Mak; SW: 7" Mak; Meade: 80ST.
Mounts: SW: SkyTee2, AzGTi; iOptron: AZMP; ES: Twilight I; Bresser: EXOS2; UA: MicroStar.
Binos: APM: 100-90 APO; Canon: IS 15x50; Orion: Binoviewer, LG II 15x70, WV 10x50, Nikon: AE 16x50, 10x50, 8x40.
EPs: Pentax: XWs & XFs; TeleVue: Delites, Delos, Panoptic & Plossls; ES: 68, 62; Vixen: SLVs; Baader: BCOs, Aspherics, Mark IV.
Diagonals: Baader: BBHS mirror, Zeiss Spec T2 prism, Clicklock dielectric; TeleVue: Evebrite dielectric; AltairAstro: 2" prism.
Filters: Lumicon: DeepSky, UHC, OIII, H-beta; Baader: Moon & SkyGlow, Contrast Booster, UHC-S, 6-color set; Astronomik: UHC.
Solar: HA: Lunt 50mm single stack, W/L: Meade Herschel wedge.

Observing: DSOs: 3122 (Completed: Messier, Herschel 1, 2, 3. In progress: H2,500: 2196, S110: 77). Doubles: 2461, Comets: 34, Asteroids: 261
Lady Fraktor Slovakia

Post by Lady Fraktor »

I made a mistake with the warranty, it is a full lifetime warranty regardless if you are original owner.
Nakedgun United States of America

TSS Photo of the Day

TSS Awards Badges

Post by Nakedgun »

Lady Fraktor wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 7:29 pm I made a mistake with the warranty, it is a full lifetime warranty regardless if you are original owner.
~

And, as I understand it, Vortex bought out Eagle Optics some time ago, and are honoring the warranty on that now-discontinued brand, as well.
That should have a positive effect on brand loyalty!

"A republic, madam, if you can keep it." - Benjamin Franklin
John Baars Netherlands
Co-Administrator
Co-Administrator
Articles: 5

TSS Photo of the Day

TSS Awards Badges

Post by John Baars »

Congratulations on you new pair of binoculars.
I am glad you like them.
A lot of flavor in a small package!
I also marveled at the close focus of this little instrument. It allowed me to observe at very close range the attempts of a couple of ants to get a much too large dead insect into their burrow while I was standing nearby. Very close to my shoe!
Refractors in frequency of use : *SW Evostar 120ED F/7.5 (all round ), * Vixen 102ED F/9 (vintage), both on Vixen GPDX.
GrabnGo on Alt/AZ : *SW Startravel 102 F/5 refractor( widefield, Sun, push-to), *OMC140 Maksutov F/14.3 ( planets).
Most used Eyepieces: *Panoptic 24, *Morpheus 14, *Leica ASPH zoom, *Zeiss barlow, *Pentax XO5.
Commonly used bino's : *Jena 10X50 , * Canon 10X30 IS, *Swarovski Habicht 7X42, * Celestron 15X70, *Kasai 2.3X40
Rijswijk Public Observatory: * Astro-Physics Starfire 130 f/8, * 6 inch Newton, * C9.25, * Meade 14 inch LX600 ACF, *Lunt.
Amateur astronomer since 1970.
pakarinen United States of America

TSS Awards Badges

Post by pakarinen »

Mine are lower on the foodchain, but I really like my Vortex Crossfire 8x42s. Enjoy!
=============================================================================
Man... That's some icky-tasting stuff!
=============================================================================
AT50, AT72EDII, ST80, ST102; Scopetech Zero, AZ-GTi, AZ Pronto; Innorel RT90C, Oberwerk 5000; Orion Giantview 15x70s, Vortex 8x42s, Navy surplus 7x50s, Nikon 10x50s
Lady Fraktor Slovakia

Post by Lady Fraktor »

I was using them at a star party at Devín castle last night, quite happy with their performance.
John Baars Netherlands
Co-Administrator
Co-Administrator
Articles: 5

TSS Photo of the Day

TSS Awards Badges

Post by John Baars »

Devin Castle, although blown up during the Napoleontic wars, seems very nice spot to have a star party in my eyes. Very nice surroundings. I just googled it.
Good the binoculars didn't disappoint you. Nice ! I find them light and small enough to hold underneath my coat during a session with my telescope. For paving a starhop with the telescope finder. Dark enough background, sufficient field and nice needle-point stars.
Refractors in frequency of use : *SW Evostar 120ED F/7.5 (all round ), * Vixen 102ED F/9 (vintage), both on Vixen GPDX.
GrabnGo on Alt/AZ : *SW Startravel 102 F/5 refractor( widefield, Sun, push-to), *OMC140 Maksutov F/14.3 ( planets).
Most used Eyepieces: *Panoptic 24, *Morpheus 14, *Leica ASPH zoom, *Zeiss barlow, *Pentax XO5.
Commonly used bino's : *Jena 10X50 , * Canon 10X30 IS, *Swarovski Habicht 7X42, * Celestron 15X70, *Kasai 2.3X40
Rijswijk Public Observatory: * Astro-Physics Starfire 130 f/8, * 6 inch Newton, * C9.25, * Meade 14 inch LX600 ACF, *Lunt.
Amateur astronomer since 1970.
Richard Online South Africa

Post by Richard »

Congrats on the new binos , only 32mm? , me personally anything less than 42 dont work so well for astro work , have only 42 and the next smaller is 25 , so do not know
Reflectors GSO 200 Dobs
Refractors None
SCT C5 on a SLT mount
Mak 150 Bosma on a EQ5
Lady Fraktor Slovakia

Post by Lady Fraktor »

These were purchased for use anywhere. Travelling, hiking, cycling, bird watching or a bit of stargazing.
Eventually I will get to replacing my old Vixen 10x50 but not in a hurry.