Co-Administrator
Co-Administrator
Articles: 0

TSS Photo of the Day

TSS Awards Badges

05/01/24 Sun in Ca-K

Post by Thefatkitty »

Hey everyone, hope you and yours are good :D

Another fun day. One of the things I like about my job is the earlier I get out, the earlier I'm done. I don't "have" to be anywhere at a certain time. I'm up at 4:30AM, on the road between 5:30 and 6, and am rarely home after 2ish PM. What do I do? Deliver pet food/meds/services in mostly northern Ontario, except for today where I'm south in Hamilton (aka hammertown).
I know my client base and I've made it work really well, both for myself and them.

This gives me possible time to get in some Sol. You know you're a Solarhead when you can arrange your day to possibly get this in, of course all depending on the weather...

I left to some serious fog this morning. It cleared up through the morning, and I had clear skies when I got in at 2, but the Sun was behind my tree. At 3:30 I set up, and then the clouds rolled in, of course. You roll the dice...

I've learned patience. So has the cat. She knows when I'm setting up and always comes out to supervise lol! She will leave me alone if I'm busy with this, but if I go get a beer because I have to wait, it's lap and petting time. And yes, that's the same furball I'm holding in my avatar.
My hair is so short in that, two years ago :lol:

Finally at a bit after 4PM, I caught a break between two cloud banks. I took three sets of 2000 frames and that was it for the clear sky.
Even Sasha the cat looked depressed...

Still, the second set had a really good quality graph in AS3, so I stacked 10, 50, and 200 frames. The 10 frame stack worked out the best.

AR3654 is almost off the edge to the right. There is also a new AR coming around the left; I'll bet money it'll be labelled 3664.

2024-05-01.jpg
2024-05-01a.jpg

I ran the stacked TIFF through LuSol. The first image is the right side, showing AR3654. The second is the left side with which might be AR3664.

right.jpg
left.jpg

And that's it for me. Clouds for tonight and into tomorrow. This is one of the reasons I do Solar; I have better luck with it. As well, the Sun is ever changing!

Alrighty, time for another beer and a BBQ; cheers and have a good night/day all!
Mark

"The Hankmeister" Celestron 8SE, orange tube Vixen made C80, CG4, AZ-EQ5 and SolarQuest mounts.
Too much Towa glass/mirrors.

Solar:
H/A - PST stage 2 mod with a Baader 90mm ERF on a Celestron XLT 102 (thanks Mike!)
Ca-K - W/O 61mm, Antares 1.6 barlow, Baader 3.8 OD and Ca-K filters with a ZWO ASI174mm.
W/L - C80-HD with Baader 5.0 & 3.8 Solar film, Solar Continuum 7.5nm and UV/IR filters with a Canon EOS 550D.
🇨🇦Member of the RASC
StarHugger Online United States of America

Re: 05/01/24 Sun in Ca-K

Post by StarHugger »

Sounds a busy work life with alot of power poles going by...

Alot to see no doubt and its cool you cant fit it all in and get some Sun, the images are nice indeed.

Rain here again tomorrow...
Aaron / thestarhugger@gmail.com / Solar Kitchen Observatory / USA...

Small Bore Multiple Wavelength Experimental Solar Imaging, Filtering, SEAA & Visual Observation
messier 111 Online Canada

TSS Awards Badges

Post by messier 111 »

nice set , thx Mark .
I LOVE REFRACTORS , :Astronomer1: :sprefac:

REFRACTOR , TS-Optics Doublet SD-APO 125 mm f/7.8 . Lunt 80mm MT Ha Doublet Refractor .

EYEPIECES, Delos , Delite and 26mm Nagler t5 , 2 zoom Svbony 7-21 , Orion Premium Linear BinoViewer .

FILTER , Nebustar 2 tele vue . Apm solar wedge . contrast booster 2 inches .

Mounts , cg-4 motorized , eq6 pro belt drive .

“Your assumptions are your windows on the world. Scrub them off every once in a while, or the light won't come in.”
― Isaac Asimov

Jean-Yves :flags-canada:
Solsearcher Canada

TSS Photo of the Day

Post by Solsearcher »

Nice catch Mark , well worth the wait !
Solar scopes (Coronado Ha) 60mm double stack , 90mm double stack , 150mm single stack .
W/L scope Williams Optic Megrez 110mm / Lunt herschel wedge .
Night scope Celestron 9.25 XLT
Mounts HEQ6 , HEQ5 , Losmandy G8
AstroBee United States of America

TSS Awards Badges

TSS Photo of the Day

Post by AstroBee »

Nice images Mark. And you were right, that AR rotating into view has now been designated 3664. And it appears to be growing too!
Greg M.~ "Ad Astra per Aspera"
Scopes: Celestron EdgeHD14", Explore Scientific ED152CF & ED127 APO's, StellarVue SV70T, Classic Orange-Tube C-8, Lunt 80mm Ha double-stack solar scope.
Mounts: Astro-Physics Mach One, iOptron CEM70EC Mount, iOptron ZEQ25 Mount.
Cameras: ZWO ASI2600mm Pro, ZWO 2600MC Pro, ZWO ASI1600mm
Filters: 36mm Chroma LRGB & 3nm Ha, OIII, SII, L-Pro, L-eXtreme
Eyepieces: 27mm TeleVue Panoptic, 4mm TeleVue Radian, Explore Scientific 82° 30mm, 6.7mm , Baader 13mm Hyperion, Explore Scientific 70° 10mm, 15mm, 20mm, Meade 8.8mm UWA
Software: N.I.N.A., SharpCapPro, PixInsight, PhotoShop CC, Phd2, Stellarium
https://www.nevadadesertskies.com