SWaB: ending social distancing ungood

Reserved for discussion of the COVID-19 Virus. (PLEASE READ THE STICKIE)
Forum rules
With the current situation and discussions taking place on TSS in regards to COVID-19, the team has made a decision to create a new sub forum dedicated to the subject. While this is still an ‘open’ forum we will be monitoring it heavily in an attempt to make sure that the discussions remain civil.

It is our recommendation that everyone use the resources that are specifically provided for information. These include your countries government websites along with your official local agency websites.

With the amount of questionable information being posted on many websites, we as a dedicated Astronomy forum do not want to become one of those.

Thanks to everyone for your assistance.
notFritzArgelander
Universal Ambassador
Articles: 0

TSS Awards Badges

SWaB: ending social distancing ungood

Post by notFritzArgelander »

Scopes: Refractors: Orion ST80, SV ED80 A f7; Newtonians: Z12 f5; Catadioptrics: VMC110L, Intes MK66. EPs: KK Fujiyama Orthoscopics, 2x Vixen NPLs (40-6mm) and BCOs, Baader Mark IV zooms, TV Panoptics, Delos, Plossl 32-8mm. Mixed brand Masuyama/Astroplans Binoculars: Nikon Aculon 10x50, Celestron 15x70, Baader Maxbright. Mounts: Star Seeker III, Vixen Porta II, Celestron CG5, Orion Sirius EQG
gregl
Mars Ambassador

Post by gregl »

And a local press conference also had a bunch of pols standing next to each other behind the speaker at the podium. Duh.

I, for one, have decided I'm not going anywhere except to get food or for medical reasons. And the latter have to be serious. I've got a shop full of tools and lots of raw materials on hand and a list of projects that would last two lifetimes. I desperately miss my grandkids, who live just 20 minutes away and who have been home with their folks for at least three weeks. So the odds that they and we are free of the virus is very, very high. We are a very "huggy" family and I miss having the kiddies climbing all over me and sitting with, and on, me as we read aloud or watch movies together. But I'd rather endure this than lose the opportunity to live long enough to go to their weddings.
notFritzArgelander
Universal Ambassador

TSS Awards Badges

Post by notFritzArgelander »

gregl wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 3:13 am
And a local press conference also had a bunch of pols standing next to each other behind the speaker at the podium. Duh.
I tend to question the sanity of Dems and Reps pols both who model bad behavior for the sake of optimizing the photo op. What cretins.
I, for one, have decided I'm not going anywhere except to get food or for medical reasons. And the latter have to be serious. I've got a shop full of tools and lots of raw materials on hand and a list of projects that would last two lifetimes. I desperately miss my grandkids, who live just 20 minutes away and who have been home with their folks for at least three weeks. So the odds that they and we are free of the virus is very, very high. We are a very "huggy" family and I miss having the kiddies climbing all over me and sitting with, and on, me as we read aloud or watch movies together. But I'd rather endure this than lose the opportunity to live long enough to go to their weddings.
I'm not going out anywhere except to pick up orders at the grocery that I place in advance, visit the PO Box when it is after hours and no one is there once a week, and pick up my last Px tomorrow. I'm transitioning to having my meds delivered to the PO Box.

I go out for a walk in fresh air 30 minutes once daily (mostly). Then I make sure to shower on return.

I hope that you can enjoy your grandkids as soon as safe. I'm missing mine 2.5 hours away but I get pictures and they look fine.
Scopes: Refractors: Orion ST80, SV ED80 A f7; Newtonians: Z12 f5; Catadioptrics: VMC110L, Intes MK66. EPs: KK Fujiyama Orthoscopics, 2x Vixen NPLs (40-6mm) and BCOs, Baader Mark IV zooms, TV Panoptics, Delos, Plossl 32-8mm. Mixed brand Masuyama/Astroplans Binoculars: Nikon Aculon 10x50, Celestron 15x70, Baader Maxbright. Mounts: Star Seeker III, Vixen Porta II, Celestron CG5, Orion Sirius EQG

Return to “COVID-19”