Stay home order for California

Reserved for discussion of the COVID-19 Virus. (PLEASE READ THE STICKIE)
Forum rules
With the current situation and discussions taking place on TSS in regards to COVID-19, the team has made a decision to create a new sub forum dedicated to the subject. While this is still an ‘open’ forum we will be monitoring it heavily in an attempt to make sure that the discussions remain civil.

It is our recommendation that everyone use the resources that are specifically provided for information. These include your countries government websites along with your official local agency websites.

With the amount of questionable information being posted on many websites, we as a dedicated Astronomy forum do not want to become one of those.

Thanks to everyone for your assistance.
Buckethead 2.0
Jupiter Ambassador
Articles: 0

Post by Buckethead 2.0 »

This, while Albert is still in the can.
~Eric
notFritzArgelander
Universal Ambassador

TSS Awards Badges

Post by notFritzArgelander »

Buckethead 2.0 wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:00 pm
Baklava! I love trying to say it. :lol: I once ordered some Baklava "squares" from a Greek restaurant. The cashier said abruptly! "They're TRIANGLEs!" Lol

Jeeezz Louise! Lets just get uptight, shall we?!? :lol:
Well.... next time... try it again and when the cashier says "They're TRIANGLES!" You can retort "No! They are that special kind of parallelogram known as a rhombus! So there!" ;)
Scopes: Refractors: Orion ST80, SV ED80 A f7; Newtonians: Z12 f5; Catadioptrics: VMC110L, Intes MK66. EPs: KK Fujiyama Orthoscopics, 2x Vixen NPLs (40-6mm) and BCOs, Baader Mark IV zooms, TV Panoptics, Delos, Plossl 32-8mm. Mixed brand Masuyama/Astroplans Binoculars: Nikon Aculon 10x50, Celestron 15x70, Baader Maxbright. Mounts: Star Seeker III, Vixen Porta II, Celestron CG5, Orion Sirius EQG
notFritzArgelander
Universal Ambassador

TSS Awards Badges

pakarinen wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:54 pm
Buckethead 2.0 wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:33 pm
Regarding the rest. I'm neither pro- or anti- pro gnos. I'd say I'm pro gyros.

I lean more toward souvlaki, but nothing like a good gyro with plenty of tzatziki.
I am both pro gyros and pro souvlaki and pro tzatziki. I'm developing craving, guys. Maybe some nice Greek/Turkish coffee with cardamom after too.
Scopes: Refractors: Orion ST80, SV ED80 A f7; Newtonians: Z12 f5; Catadioptrics: VMC110L, Intes MK66. EPs: KK Fujiyama Orthoscopics, 2x Vixen NPLs (40-6mm) and BCOs, Baader Mark IV zooms, TV Panoptics, Delos, Plossl 32-8mm. Mixed brand Masuyama/Astroplans Binoculars: Nikon Aculon 10x50, Celestron 15x70, Baader Maxbright. Mounts: Star Seeker III, Vixen Porta II, Celestron CG5, Orion Sirius EQG
Buckethead 2.0
Jupiter Ambassador

Post by Buckethead 2.0 »

notFritzArgelander wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:10 pm
Buckethead 2.0 wrote:
Baklava! I love trying to say it. :lol: I once ordered some Baklava "squares" from a Greek restaurant. The cashier said abruptly! "They're TRIANGLEs!" Lol

Well.... next time... try it again and when the cashier says "They're TRIANGLES!" You can retort "No! They are that special kind of parallelogram known as a rhombus! So there!" ;)
It was nothing but a trapezoid anyway. Base attitudes.
~Eric
notFritzArgelander
Universal Ambassador

TSS Awards Badges

Buckethead 2.0 wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:43 pm
Buckethead 2.0 wrote:

That's the plane truth on that angle.
Buckethead 2.0
Jupiter Ambassador

Post by Buckethead 2.0 »

Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:54 pm
Buckethead 2.0 wrote:

Could you cosin for that? Never mind, but that would be a sin :lol: Trig question.
~Eric
notFritzArgelander
Universal Ambassador

TSS Awards Badges

Buckethead 2.0 wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:57 pm
Buckethead 2.0 wrote:

Could you cosin for that? Never mind, but that would be a sin :lol: Trig question.
Off on a tangent are we? This is logarithmically spiraling out... Nautil-Us.
Ylem
Orion Spur Ambassador

Post by Ylem »

received_2993267097426303.png
Clear Skies,
-Jeff :telescopewink:

A bunch of SCTs and MCTs scattered around the house and an Orion ST80.
A big box of Plossls :D
notFritzArgelander
Universal Ambassador

TSS Awards Badges

I'm getting ready to place an order for pickup groceries.

Given that the virus path is upper respiratory, I'm going to allow some fresh produce.

Also adjusting things, probably obvious to you all but here goes. I'm adapting my schedule so that I take the daily shower after my walk outside.
I also need a haircut, but... I'll self administer. I don't have the skills to do my usual #2 all around but I can take it all off without removing much skin. :)
Buckethead 2.0
Jupiter Ambassador

Post by Buckethead 2.0 »

Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:47 pm
Buckethead 2.0 wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:57 pm

Off on a tangent are we? This is logarithmically spiraling out... Nautil-Us.
I admit it, you are clearly the vector! I got the nautilus thing too, perfect ratio? 1.66:1?
~Eric
Buckethead 2.0
Jupiter Ambassador

Post by Buckethead 2.0 »

Fri Mar 27, 2020 1:26 am

Given that the virus path is upper respiratory, I'm going to allow some fresh produce.

Also adjusting things, probably obvious to you all but here goes. I'm adapting my schedule so that I take the daily shower after my walk outside.
I also need a haircut, but... I'll self administer. I don't have the skills to do my usual #2 all around but I can take it all off without removing much skin. :)
I use a #4, except for the barren areas. :lol:
~Eric
helicon
Co-Administrator
Articles: 1

TSS Awards Badges

Post by helicon »

Here is a video that has gone viral about how you can disinfect your groceries. Pretty helpful.

https://youtu.be/sjDuwc9KBps
-Michael
Various scopes, 10" Zhumell Dob, ES AR152, AWB 5.1" Onesky newt, Oberwerk 25x100 binos, two eyeballs
notFritzArgelander
Universal Ambassador

TSS Awards Badges

Buckethead 2.0 wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 6:32 am

A #4 would require too much care for evening out.... Congratulations on your superpower! ;)
notFritzArgelander
Universal Ambassador

TSS Awards Badges

helicon wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 3:58 pm
Here is a video that has gone viral about how you can disinfect your groceries. Pretty helpful.

https://youtu.be/sjDuwc9KBps
Excellent! Thanks.
Buckethead 2.0
Jupiter Ambassador

Post by Buckethead 2.0 »

Fri Mar 27, 2020 4:24 pm
Buckethead 2.0 wrote:

A #4 would require too much care for evening out.... Congratulations on your superpower! ;)
All I know is, the haircut lady says "how do you want it?" I reply "same, #4 . If I do it myself I would end up van Gogh-ing at least one ear." :lol:
~Eric
notFritzArgelander
Universal Ambassador

TSS Awards Badges

Buckethead 2.0 wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 4:42 pm
Buckethead 2.0 wrote:

All I know is, the haircut lady says "how do you want it?" I reply "same, #4 . If I do it myself I would end up Van Gogh-ing at least one ear." :lol:
So I'm going full Yul Brynner. It's my formal look anyway. I just won't be wearing a tux. :lol:
Buckethead 2.0
Jupiter Ambassador

Post by Buckethead 2.0 »

Fri Mar 27, 2020 4:46 pm
Buckethead 2.0 wrote:

All I know is, the haircut lady says "how do you want it?" I reply "same, #4 . If I do it myself I would end up Van Gogh-ing at least one ear." :lol:
So I'm going full Yul Brynner. It's my formal look anyway. I just won't be wearing a tux. :lol:
This conversation reminds me of why I'm happy to have less hair than most. A wise sage once put forth the proposition, that the Good Lord only made so many perfect heads....the rest He gave hair! :lol:
~Eric
notFritzArgelander
Universal Ambassador

TSS Awards Badges

Buckethead 2.0 wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 4:48 pm
Buckethead 2.0 wrote:

This conversation reminds me of why I'm happy to have less hair than most. A wise sage once put forth the proposition, that the Good Lord only made so many perfect heads....the rest He gave hair! :lol:
Well... I don't know about perfect, but my head functions well enough. As for shape? Well the gals say it looks good. :lol: It's just the rest of me that isn't pretty. ;)
Buckethead 2.0
Jupiter Ambassador

Post by Buckethead 2.0 »

:occasion-balloons:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 5:55 pm
Buckethead 2.0 wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 4:48 pm

Well... I don't know about perfect, but my head functions well enough. As for shape? Well the gals say it looks good. :lol: It's just the rest of me that isn't pretty. ;)
Fritz, yours is as close as I could hope for. :lol:

Mine is a piece of meat enveloped in a paper container...

Your very words are testimony that it does not matter what WE might think of ourselves. My ex-wife loved bald men. Unfortunately, we messed up on other matters as well.
~Eric
helicon
Co-Administrator
Articles: 1

TSS Awards Badges

Post by helicon »

Buckethead 2.0 wrote:

I usually get a number 3. Can't go to Supercuts anymore so I'll probably do it myself with my electric razor. I'll ask my sister to cut the back side of my head.
-Michael
Various scopes, 10" Zhumell Dob, ES AR152, AWB 5.1" Onesky newt, Oberwerk 25x100 binos, two eyeballs

Return to “COVID-19”