Recomendations for Printing and Framing Astro Images

Discuss how you are able to get those fantastic images!!!
TheButcher United States of America
Vendor
Vendor
Articles: 0

TSS Photo of the Day

Recomendations for Printing and Framing Astro Images

Post by TheButcher »

I guess this fits in this category since it is post image processing :)

Anyway...
Does anyone have any recommendations for an online company that they have used, that Prints and Frames images? Or perhaps just Printing in general and it turned out great? I don't mind going to another company for frames, Mattes and plexi glass and such.

I am looking for High quality at a good price :) I have dealt with some online, but there quality of paper stock was not that good and the quality control very poor. Trying to stay away from those "quick print cheap places and save 75% off lol" if you know what I mean but at the same time not get ripped off.

I am looking at 18"x24" and 2"2x28" formats. My last purchase, I got 10 22x28" poster prints for $70, but like I said above. cheap stock that creases and marks on some of the prints ect… The 18"x22" were only $3 a pop.

Also, now with newer technologies, I see Metal, Acylic and Canvas printing. Has anyone tried these out?

And if I do framing separate from the printer can anyone recommend a place online or even a chain retail store for frames and matting? When I was searching before, framing seems to be the biggest expense when pricing the print/frame/matte and some sort of plexiglass. I would love to cut down on price for that in a small bulk order such as 10 frames instead of paying for the frame with the photo.

Thanks all :)
Telescopes:Apertura AD12 Dob : iOptron CEM70 without TripodBarlows:GSO 2x Shorty Focuser: Rigel nStep

See All of my Images at: https://astronebula.com/slide-show/
Star Dad United States of America
Orion Spur Ambassador

TSS Awards Badges

Re: Recomendations for Printing and Framing Astro Images

Post by Star Dad »

I happen to be on Fine Art America https://fineartamerica.com/. I've only sold a couple of prints - none astro-images. But they have a wide selection of framing materials etc. It is a website dedicated to buying and selling art, not necessarily printing your own... I took a really nice picture of sunrise at Cadillac Mountain in Acadia National Park in Maine and they printed it on a cell phone case. It came out really well.

My biggest concern would be how well do they print absolute black? (ie are there streaks?) They do have a good reputation. I have thought about putting some of my images up there just to see how they would print. It's really a "Caveat Emptor" situation.
"To be good is not enough when you dream of being great"

Orion 203mm/f4.9/1000mm, converted TASCO 114mm/f9/1000mm to steam punk, Meade 114mm/f9/1000, Coronado PST, Orion EQ-G, Ioptron Mini-Tower and iEQ30, Canon 70D, ASI120MM,ASI294MC, Ioptron SkyHunter
murphcc1
Moon Ambassador

TSS Photo of the Day

Post by murphcc1 »

SHUTTERFLY.COM
many non astro pics from them and loved em.
Meade 8" LX90 Audiostar
Nikon D750 unmodified
JASON 10x50 Binoculars
NIKON 10x50 Binoculars
Celestron 12V Powertank
TheButcher United States of America
Vendor
Vendor

TSS Photo of the Day

Post by TheButcher »

Thanks both of you.
That fineartamerica is pretty neat, it is good to see examples of different framings.I hear you with the blacks. I will check out shutteryfly now as well
:)
Telescopes:Apertura AD12 Dob : iOptron CEM70 without TripodBarlows:GSO 2x Shorty Focuser: Rigel nStep

See All of my Images at: https://astronebula.com/slide-show/