GPS Date Rollover Problem on AutoStar Fixed

Discuss Meade mounts.
MistrBadgr United States of America
Orion Spur Ambassador
Articles: 0

TSS Awards Badges

GPS Date Rollover Problem on AutoStar Fixed

Post by MistrBadgr »

The GPS Problem with some older versions of Meade AutoStar has been fixed and updates are available. Here is the message I just received:

"I wanted to reach out and let you know that we have a solution for the GPS rollover issue.

All the information can be found on this page https://www.meade.com/support/ if you scroll down the page a bit you will see it. Would you mind passing along this information to anyone who has a question on the 4M?

If you have any questions, please do let me know! Thanks Bill!"

I tried the link and scrolled down to the bottom area of the page and all the information is there for the various versions of AutoStar. The new AutoStar Updater 6.1 is set up to download the software with the fixes for the various versions.

Thanks,
Bill Steen
Many small scopes, plus a Lightbridge 12, LX 70-8R,6R,6M
Many eyepieces, just not really expensive ones.
Lady Fraktor Slovakia
Co-Administrator
Co-Administrator

Re: GPS Date Rollover Problem on AutoStar Fixed

Post by Lady Fraktor »

Thank you for posting the link Bill, I assume these are all of the patches that StarGPS posted a short while ago?
See Far Sticks: Antares Elita 103/1575, AOM FLT 105/1000, Bresser BV 127/1200, Nočný stopár 152/1200, Vyrobené doma 70/700, Stellarvue NHNG DX 80/552, TAL RS100/1000, Vixen SD115s/885
EQ: TAL MT-1, Vixen SXP, AXJ, AXD
Az/Alt: AYO Digi II/ Argo Navis, Stellarvue M2C/ Argo Navis
Tripods: Berlebach Planet (2), Uni 28 Astro, Report 372, TAL factory maple, Vixen ASG-CB90, Vixen AXD-TR102
Diagonals: Astro-Physics, Baader Amici, Baader Herschel, iStar Blue, Stellarvue DX, Takahashi prism, TAL, Vixen flip mirror
Eyepieces: Antares to Zeiss
The only culture I have is from yogurt
My day was going well until... people
Orion Spur Ambassador

TSS Awards Badges

Post by MistrBadgr »

No, these are from Meade, unless the two got together.
Bill Steen
Orion Spur Ambassador

TSS Awards Badges

Post by MistrBadgr »

I found out from a couple LS users that their older mounts were having trouble with GPS, which I inquired about. They also did not find a way to enter date/time/location manually. I was told the LS fix was not complete yet, should be forthcoming. The reply for entering data manually is as follows:

The customer can enter the date/time/location manually by pressing the MODE key when the telescope starts looking for GPS. This will happen shortly after the telescope boots up and before any night sky alignment takes place. They can also turn off the search for GPS in the SETUP/PREFERENCES menu.
Bill Steen
Piet Le Roux South Africa
Jupiter Ambassador

TSS Photo of the Day

Post by Piet Le Roux »

Here is a list of the update firmware available for download :
Handbox Type Telescope Models Firmware
AudioStar (English/Spanish) LX90 Series A4S4
AutoStar II LX200 Series 4.2k
AutoStar II LX600 Series 1.1h
AutoStar II LX600 – 16” Models Only 1.1i
AutoStar II LX850 Series 1.1h
These will fix your GPS problems on the above mentioned scopes.
If you have StarGPS patched firmware on your Audiostar/Autostar controller, the Meade Autostar Updater 6.1 will not recognize the version : I loaded unpatched firmware A3S5 on my spare Audiostar and then Autostar updater downloaded A4S4 firmware onto it. It now boots with "(c)18 A4S4" I think this is the first official update from Meade since 2012!
Main Equipment : Tele Vue 27mm Panoptic, 7&13mm Nagler, Big Barlow : 8" Meade LX90ACF with Meade 2.0" Enhanced Diagonal : Camera Fuji XT100
Gulf Coast Guy
Mars Ambassador

Post by Gulf Coast Guy »

Lady Fraktor wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 5:51 pm Thank you for posting the link Bill, I assume these are all of the patches that StarGPS posted a short while ago?
I saw those, too. I've been trying to get APT to update my 497 handset with no luck. I've given up with sharing the GPS on my phone and purchased a USB GPS dongle of Ebay. When it comes in I'm going to try it out using the "redirect.exe StarGPS offers for free to patch the GPS data through my laptop to the mount (LXD75) I'm running 43Eg now and will check that out first, then update to the latest if I need to.

GCG
OTA's: 203mm f10 Meade SCT (LXD75); Antares 80mm Refractor w/William Optics APOGrade f6.9 objective; Orion Starseeker 80 f11.2 Refractor
Mount/tripod's: Meade LXD-75 EQ; Orion Starseeker IV ALT/AZ; Celestron Heavy Duty ALT/AZ Farpoint UBM (Universal Binocular Mount)
Eyepieces:Meade - 26mm plossl, 12mm Astrometric; GSO (OPT badge) 2" Superview 50mm & 30mm 1.25" 15mm; TMB Planetary Series 9mm, 6mm, & 4mm: 10mm & 23mm 60° that came with the 80mm f11.2
Barlows: Orion 2x Shorty; Meade 4000 Series 3x
Binoculars:Brunton 10x50 Celestron Skymaster 15x70 Oberwerk 25x100 IF delux