Snooker

Discuss non-Astronomy related subjects. NOTE: posts are removed automatically after 365 days.
Graeme1858 Great Britain
Co-Administrator
Co-Administrator
Articles: 1

TSS Awards Badges

TSS Photo of the Day

I Broke The Forum.

Snooker

Post by Graeme1858 »

Any snooker fans here?

I've been watching the Players Championship this week. It's a battle between the top 16 of the 23/24 season so far, so it includes all of the top players in the world this season but not necessarily the top seeds. O'Sullivan and Trump have been playing with god like genius since this season started and it was a probability that they would be in the final, as they were in the Champion of Champions competition a couple of weeks ago. However they have both already been knocked out! Ali Carter beat Judd Trump 6-4 and Mark Selby white washed Ronnie O'Sullivan 6-0! Mark Allen knocked out Ali Carter tonight in the first semi final. Zhang Anda, who knocked out John Higgins earlier today will be playing Mark Selby in the second semi final tomorrow. So it will be an Allen v Selby or Zhang in the final on Sunday.

The Americas Q Tour Rounds 1 and 2 are happening today and tomorrow. The finals will be happening on Sunday. These matches are not shown on UK TV but all the results are on snooker.org.

Graeme
APM 11x70 ED APO Binoculars.

https://www.averywayobservatory.co.uk/
KingClinton
Local Group Ambassador
Articles: 0

TSS Photo of the Day

Re: Snooker

Post by KingClinton »

About 15 years ago I was made aware of a snooker league in Durban, not sure if it's still active though.
Never really watched the game much, not that we see it on TV, South Africans seem to prefer Pool. I think we have always seen snooker as a very British thing to do, like darts.
Pool tables are in almost every pub and tavern here, mostly played with copious amounts of liquor!
Eyeballs, binoculars, sketch box, Scopes n stuff.
Some people don't understand why I love astronomy so much, I cannot understand why they do not!

Graeme1858 Great Britain
Co-Administrator
Co-Administrator

TSS Awards Badges

TSS Photo of the Day

I Broke The Forum.

Post by Graeme1858 »

It was the Players Championship semi between Mark Selby and Zhang Anda tonight and what a match! Zhang took a 4-0 lead and then Selby pulled it back to 5-5. He missed a brown in the 11th decider frame and Zhang cleared up for a place in the Final tomorrow against Mark Allen.

Graeme

Graeme1858 Great Britain
Co-Administrator
Co-Administrator

TSS Awards Badges

TSS Photo of the Day

I Broke The Forum.

Post by Graeme1858 »

It was the final of the Players Championship today. Zhang Anda got off to a good start leading 3-0. Mark Allen pulled it back to 4-4 by the session interval. They stayed close till 6-6 then Allen started to pull ahead as Zhang started missing pots. Allen won 10-8.

It's also the Final of the Americas Q Tour today between Hasanain Khalid Alsultani and Sargon Isaac. The score is 1-1. But I'm going to bed now!

Graeme