EQ6 Rowan Atronomy Zero Backlash Kit

Discuss Skywatcher mounts.
johnyjf Great Britain
Earth Ambassador
Articles: 0

EQ6 Rowan Atronomy Zero Backlash Kit

Post by johnyjf »

I am shortly gooing to fit the above and wondered if anyone has any advice/tips to give before I get the spanners into action?
Thanks
:observer:
yobbo89 Australia

TSS Photo of the Day

Re: EQ6 Rowan Atronomy Zero Backlash Kit

Post by yobbo89 »

it was a long time ago when i installed this mod (8+ years ago), i think it's pretty easy and straight forward and can be installed by following a 20 min video, i recommend taking some pictures and labeling stuff ie label dec motor,ra motor,and correct cables go in thier correct sockets as i think you need to pull the motors out , you'll want some long thick tweezers aswell to pull the belts through,i think you need to take the worm gear out aswell and put gears on them for the belts ,over tightening the worm gear backlash can cause problems , i sugest you have them a little loose then normal and nip them tighter while looking at guiding , you'll notice when they are too tight by looking at a guide graph -results will go worst , the worm gear backlash nuts are under the black caps on the mount . the hardest part is re tuning the mount with backlash settings on screws , you might want to look at "hyper tuning" videos for the eq6 aswell . you want a firm tension on the belts with a few mm of flex ,ie not tight or loose
scopes :gso/bintel f4 12"truss tube, bresser messier ar127s /skywatcher 10'' dob,meade 12'' f10 lx200 sct
cameras : asi 1600mm-c/asi1600mm-c,asi120mc,prostar lp guidecam, nikkon d60, sony a7,asi 290 mm
mounts : eq6 pro/eq8/mesu 200 v2
filters : 2'' astronomik lp/badder lrgb h-a,sII,oIII,h-b,Baader Solar Continuum, chroma 3nm ha,sii,oiii,nii,rgb,lowglow,uv/ir,Thousand Oaks Solar Filter,1.25'' #47 violet,pro planet 742 ir,pro planet 807 ir,pro planet 642 bp ir.
extras : skywatcher f4 aplanatic cc, Baader MPCC MKIII Coma Corrector,Orion Field Flattener,zwo 1.25''adc.starlight maxi 2" 9x filter wheel,tele vue 2x barlow .

johnyjf Great Britain
Earth Ambassador

Re: EQ6 Rowan Atronomy Zero Backlash Kit

Post by johnyjf »

Thanks, useful stuff, all of it.
Regards
John
:observer: