Howdy form Chipley, Florida

Please take a minute to introduce yourself!
atl613 United States of America
Earth Ambassador
Articles: 0

Re: Howdy form Chipley, Florida

Post by atl613 »

I think I forgot a decimal point. 7.5 kw
OzEclipse Australia
Articles: 2

TSS Awards Badges

TSS Photo of the Day

Post by OzEclipse »

Hi atl613,

welcome to the TSS Forum!

You can do a lot of astrophotography with DSLR cameras before you dive headfirst into the astrophotography money pit. They are much noisier than cooled dedicated astrocameras so DSLR's work best on brighter objects. You can have a lot of fun and learn a lot about various techniques with a DSLR before deciding whether you want to progress to a dedicated camera.

Good luck

Joe
Amateur astronomer since 1978...................Web site : http://joe-cali.com/
Scopes: ATM 18" Dob, Vixen VC200L, ATM 6"f7, Stellarvue 102ED, Saxon ED80, WO M70 ED, Orion 102 Maksutov, ST80.
Mounts: Takahashi EM-200, iOptron iEQ45, Push dobsonian with Nexus DSC, three homemade EQ's.
Eyepieces: TV Naglers 31, 17, 12, 7; Denkmeier D21 & D14; Pentax XW10, XW5, Unitron 40mm Kellner, Meade Or 25,12
Cameras : Pentax K1, K5, K01, K10D / VIDEO CAMS : TacosBD, Lihmsec.
Cam/guider/controllers: Lacerta MGEN 3, SW Synguider, Simulation Curriculum SkyFi 3+Sky safari
Memberships Astronomical Association of Queensland; RASNZ Occultations Section; Single Exposure Milky Way Facebook Group (Moderator) (12k members), The Sky Searchers (moderator)
atl613 United States of America
Earth Ambassador
Articles: 0

Post by atl613 »

Sorry. Been kinda busy around here.

No not really. I did get some shots of the last eclipse. Using my phone on a Meade infinity 102. I think I used a 25 plossil. (or however that's spelled). I have a Meade LPI-G advanced color camera and a Meade LPI-GM (mono) and a ZWO 120 mini. I need to get an apo refractor. Might pick up a wide field achro 80 to start. I bought an EvoStar 72, but sent it back. Didn't like it. I should be out there right now lookin' at something.
But I ate too much. Gonna veg-out in the recliner.

Jim. Is it ok if I PM you next time?

Later

Return to “Welcome Introductions”