Co-Administrator
Co-Administrator
Articles: 1

TSS Awards Badges

TSS Photo of the Day

I Broke The Forum.

Re: November 2023 Solar Chat

Post by Graeme1858 »

Tillibobs wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 12:04 pm It's a few days now since I've been able to drop by here. I don't feel to have all that long left so I tend to run my thoughts past my son before I make any purchase. I'd noticed that there was a crack on the keyboard of my laptop and the keyboard seemed bent. I wasn't sure how long it would last so with this thing called Black Friday I bought a Thinkpad. I'ts taking some pondering over but at last I'm here. The old Laptop gave up the ghost 2 days before the new replacement arrived.
Keith

Hello Keith, that's a heartfelt post. We're all thinking of you here at TSS. I hope you and your son enjoy your time together.

Regards

Graeme
APM 11x70 ED APO Binoculars.

https://www.averywayobservatory.co.uk/
Solsearcher Canada
Orion Spur Ambassador
Articles: 0

TSS Photo of the Day

Post by Solsearcher »

Hello Keith , @Tillibobs
I noticed you hadn't been around and was about to contact you . I will send you an email tonight my friend .
Solar scopes (Coronado Ha) 60mm double stack , 90mm double stack , 150mm single stack .
W/L scope Williams Optic Megrez 110mm / Lunt herschel wedge .
Night scope Celestron 9.25 XLT
Mounts HEQ6 , HEQ5 , Losmandy G8
StarHugger United States of America
Orion Spur Ambassador

Post by StarHugger »

A thinkpad us a good choice Keith, I know the feeling of wich you speak, been a spinal cord patient for 6 years now and 59 years young.

If I fall down or the airbags go off I likely die, Stoke, paralisis death in that order simple as that they say. In a chair most of the time.

I have left very detailed instructions and kept all sales records so those that remain can liquidate my astro gear and other expensives I have acumulated.

Right down to the instructions about my wedge because it has a 1.8 ND and can only be used for visual with the proper additional filtering no one would know about except me.

Thanks Keith for the knowing, Best of Luck indeed.
Aaron / thestarhugger@gmail.com / Solar Kitchen Observatory / USA...

Solar Imaging Sessions 48, Solar Observing Sessions 197
StarHugger United States of America
Orion Spur Ambassador

Post by StarHugger »

Here is something neat I discovered this summer while tinkering with basic colour planetary filters and my baader solar wedge.

As I had been experimenting with stacking multiple cheap filters with a wedge for Solar to create bandpasses in higher frequencies by combining mostly with a #47 wratten. I never really tried the #47 filter by itself in combination with the wedge, the results were actually quite surprising as seen in this sequence from 6/19.

Not in that it gave any special view of the Solar surface in a general imaging sence but for the unique and odd ability of the filter to reveal detail so well beneath the clouds and with an interesting colour effect too.

Not really for stacking, but certainly for interesting and revealing solar gifs none the less.

Click to Play...
Attachments
SH2 (1)_pipp.gif
Aaron / thestarhugger@gmail.com / Solar Kitchen Observatory / USA...

Solar Imaging Sessions 48, Solar Observing Sessions 197