ASIAIR Plus

Discuss any astro equipment that does not have its own forum, such as focusers, finders, chairs, etc.
MDieterich United States of America
Earth Ambassador
Articles: 0

Re: ASIAIR Plus

Post by MDieterich »

Thanks so much Lyle I did have a Sony shutter cable for the iPano panorama device I use, so I tried that and it fired the shutter! Will test tonight to see how the A7IV compares to the A7SIII I ran the last few nights. Thanks again for the help.
MDieterich United States of America
Earth Ambassador

Post by MDieterich »

JSBach1801 wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:40 am
MDieterich wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 4:29 pm Hi Lyle, do you have tips for the camera settings to setup in the Sony A7IV for allowing the ASIAIR Plus to connect? I was able to connect my Sony A7IV, but when attempting an exposure it does not fire the shutter.

Thanks for the help!
Do you have a shutter release cable? I could never get the ASIAIR to control my camera's shutter via just the USB-C interface. I had to buy something like this:

You just the need the part that is Micro USB to 3.5mm jack. You can see in my pictures above that there are two cables run to the Sony. One is USB-C which downloads the files to the ASIAIR, and the other is the shutter release cable.

Thanks so much Lye I had one of those shutter cables handy and it worked! Appreciate the quick help.
JSBach1801 United States of America
Pluto Ambassador

Post by JSBach1801 »

MDieterich wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 6:24 pm Thanks so much Lyle I did have a Sony shutter cable for the iPano panorama device I use, so I tried that and it fired the shutter! Will test tonight to see how the A7IV compares to the A7SIII I ran the last few nights. Thanks again for the help.
Fantastic! Glad I could help!
Lyle In Utah

Telescopes: William Optics Zenithstar 73 III APO, ZWO 30mm f/4 Mini Guide Scope
Cameras: Sony a7IV Mirrorless, ZWO ASI120MM-MINI
Mount: Sky Watcher EQM-35i
Control: ASIAIR Plus