MeLE Quieter3Q miniPC

Discuss what equipment, AP Software, AP Apps you are using.
DEnc United States of America
Jupiter Ambassador
Articles: 0

TSS Photo of the Day

MeLE Quieter3Q miniPC

Post by DEnc »

I just completed setting up the MeLE Quieter3Q miniPC for astrophotography, and I thought I’d share some details in case others are considering a miniPC.

I don’t have a permanent setup for my astrophotography gear and so I’ve run everything by laptop outside. I’ve enjoyed the time under the stars while we were in Southern CA. Recently we moved to Humboldt County in Northern CA, with temps in the 30’s – 40’s this time of year, and the humidity usually >90%. There can be a lot of keyboard work while observing many photometry targets with multiple filters and adjustments in focus and exposures, so it has been tough!

Hence the interest in a miniPC. The MeLE Quieter3Q looked like a good choice for me. It’s small, fanless (so it sips power), has lots of memory, and four USB ports. It comes with a WIN11 installation, a jump up from WIN10 on my imaging laptop.
71JgLTAUNYL._AC_SX569_.jpg
In spite of the change in OS, I managed to correctly configure the files and software for all devices: an Astro-Physics Mach1GTO mount, an SBIG STT8300M CCD, and an Optec digital focuser. Devices are controlled with SGP v2.7.0.608 and PHD2 v2.6.11.

Remote Desktop is off the table, since my laptop is not the PRO version of WIN10; but VNC seems to be working well.

So far all is working well with indoor testing; next week there should be an opportunity to get everything outside. Polaris is occulted by some redwoods in the backyard, so I’ll be relying solely on drift alignment for the polar alignment. Not looking forward to dialing that in!
Last edited by DEnc on Sun Dec 04, 2022 2:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gordon United States of America
Site Admin
Site Admin
Articles: 1044

TSS Awards Badges

TSS Photo of the Day

I Broke The Forum.

TSS EAA Messier awards

Re: MeLE Quieter3Q miniPC

Post by Gordon »

I have 2 similar ones that I use for different scope/mount combinations. They work great!
Gordon
Scopes: Explore Scientific ED80CF, Skywatcher 200 Quattro Imaging Newt, SeeStar S50 for EAA.
Mounts: Orion Atlas EQ-g mount & Skywatcher EQ5 Pro.
ZWO mini guider.
Image cameras: ZWO ASI1600 MM Cool, ZWO ASI533mc-Pro, ZWO ASI174mm-C (for use with my Quark chromosphere), ZWO ASI120MC
Filters: LRGB, Ha 7nm, O-III 7nm, S-II 7nm
Eyepieces: a few.
Primary software: Cartes du Ciel, N.I.N.A, StarTools V1.4.