topaz studio 2 (free program)

Discuss what equipment, AP Software, AP Apps you are using.
Mirrorgirl Great Britain
Milky Way Ambassador
Articles: 0

TSS Awards Badges

TSS Photo of the Day

topaz studio 2 (free program)

Post by Mirrorgirl »

Hi There

I went out a night ago and my target was the lion nebula I only got 9 fames using L Extreme new filter I captured a lot of detail for saying it was only nine frames ay 180 seconds using my new filter.
When I had finished because of the clouds coming in i forgot to do dark frames and I thought the images would just go to waste but I downloaded topaz studio a free program and uploaded my very noisy image, I went onto add filter and AL cleaner it took away all of the noise and it made my image 85% cleaner here's the before and after images, when I get some more frames I will upload my new image thanks guys I hope you find the useful.
52477333422_e27b0c3e70_c.jpg
before

After
52477333422_e27b0c3e70_c-studio.jpg

Thanks

Rhoda :geek: :observatory:
Eqm35 Skywatcher mount..Skywatcher 80 ed telescope, 71 W/O GT ...bunch of eye pieces 25,mm 32mm etc...Nexter 4,se...385 mc Zwo camera, Zwo 183 colour cooled pro camera... Orion 80 ed...two compass...
Sky fi wireless telescope controller.. Rebel t3i.. light pollution L XTREME, Idas light pollution filter and Antlia 3nm gold, Antlia h alpha filter filter..other filters .. pixinsight .. startools..

:observatory: NONE :observatory:
Mirrorgirl Great Britain
Milky Way Ambassador

TSS Awards Badges

TSS Photo of the Day

Re: topaz studio 2 (free program)

Post by Mirrorgirl »

It was like i never needed to add darks or flats lol
Eqm35 Skywatcher mount..Skywatcher 80 ed telescope, 71 W/O GT ...bunch of eye pieces 25,mm 32mm etc...Nexter 4,se...385 mc Zwo camera, Zwo 183 colour cooled pro camera... Orion 80 ed...two compass...
Sky fi wireless telescope controller.. Rebel t3i.. light pollution L XTREME, Idas light pollution filter and Antlia 3nm gold, Antlia h alpha filter filter..other filters .. pixinsight .. startools..

Mirrorgirl Great Britain
Milky Way Ambassador

TSS Awards Badges

TSS Photo of the Day

Post by Mirrorgirl »

Also, my new L-extreme filter is absolutely brilliant when I did this target without filter, I never got hardly any detail it's an amazing filter and I would recommend it to you'

Thanks

Juno16 United States of America
Universal Ambassador

TSS Awards Badges

TSS Photo of the Day

Post by Juno16 »

Congratulations on the L-eXtreme filter! I have had a L-eNhance for several years and love it. Your exteme should be even better.

I'm not sure what Topaz Studio is, but I bought Topaz Denoise AI awhile back. It definitely is not free (they do have a free trial though).

I was amazed at its performance. Unfortunately, though, the Denoise AI does create artifacts or even somewhat "invents" details if you are not careful.

I recently moved to NoiseXterminator for astro image processing. I use it with Pixinsight and it is absolutely amazing. Almost magic!

Maybe the Studio version is different from Denoise AI. Either way, enjoy it! I just wanted to pass along to you my experience (and many others) with astro image processing with Topaz Denoise AI.

Take care and good luch with the Lion!
Jim

Scopes: Explore Scientific ED102 APO, Sharpstar 61 EDPH II APO, Samyang 135 F2 (still on the Nikon).
Mount: Skywatcher HEQ5 Pro with Rowan Belt Mod
Stuff: ASI EAF Focus Motor (x2), Orion 50mm Guide Scope, ZWO 30 mm Guide Scope, ASI 220mm min, ASI 120mm mini, Stellarview 0.8 FR/FF, Sharpstar 0.8 FR/FF, Mele Overloock 3C.
Camera/Filters/Software: ASI 533 mc pro, ASI 120mm mini, Orion SSAG, IDAS LPS D-1, Optolong L-Enhance, ZWO UV/IR Cut, N.I.N.A., Green Swamp Server, PHD2, Adobe Photoshop CC, Pixinsight.
Dog and best bud: Jack
Sky: Bortle 6-7
My Astrobin: https://www.astrobin.com/users/Juno16/
Mirrorgirl Great Britain
Milky Way Ambassador

TSS Awards Badges

TSS Photo of the Day

Post by Mirrorgirl »

Juno16 wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 1:13 pm Congratulations on the L-eXtreme filter! I have had a L-eNhance for several years and love it. Your exteme should be even better.

I'm not sure what Topaz Studio is, but I bought Topaz Denoise AI awhile back. It definitely is not free (they do have a free trial though).

I was amazed at its performance. Unfortunately, though, the Denoise AI does create artifacts or even somewhat "invents" details if you are not careful.

I recently moved to NoiseXterminator for astro image processing. I use it with Pixinsight and it is absolutely amazing. Almost magic!

Maybe the Studio version is different from Denoise AI. Either way, enjoy it! I just wanted to pass along to you my experience (and many others) with astro image processing with Topaz Denoise AI.

Take care and good luch with the Lion!
yes, I brought topaz denoise too, but there is a free program also called topaz studio 2 which is free it's really good it's definitely free as I have downloaded it you just go to the site and press onto download and topaz studio is at the bottom hope this helps

Juno16 United States of America
Universal Ambassador

TSS Awards Badges

TSS Photo of the Day

Post by Juno16 »

Thanks Rhoda. I appreciate the info, but I’ll stick with NoiseXterminator. From what I’ve read, Topaz Studio 2 has a free trial and after that it cost $99.
NoiseXterminator is $39 right now and is amazing.
Jim

Scopes: Explore Scientific ED102 APO, Sharpstar 61 EDPH II APO, Samyang 135 F2 (still on the Nikon).
Mount: Skywatcher HEQ5 Pro with Rowan Belt Mod
Stuff: ASI EAF Focus Motor (x2), Orion 50mm Guide Scope, ZWO 30 mm Guide Scope, ASI 220mm min, ASI 120mm mini, Stellarview 0.8 FR/FF, Sharpstar 0.8 FR/FF, Mele Overloock 3C.
Camera/Filters/Software: ASI 533 mc pro, ASI 120mm mini, Orion SSAG, IDAS LPS D-1, Optolong L-Enhance, ZWO UV/IR Cut, N.I.N.A., Green Swamp Server, PHD2, Adobe Photoshop CC, Pixinsight.
Dog and best bud: Jack
Sky: Bortle 6-7
My Astrobin: https://www.astrobin.com/users/Juno16/
Mirrorgirl Great Britain
Milky Way Ambassador

TSS Awards Badges

TSS Photo of the Day

Post by Mirrorgirl »

Yes I have looked at noise exterminator and I think I’m going to give it a go it really sounds good thanks for the info thank you and yes you might be right about the free trial I thought it was free, silly me.

AstroBee United States of America

TSS Awards Badges

TSS Photo of the Day

Post by AstroBee »

Rhoda, what type of camera are you using with your new L-eXtreme filter? Also, what telescope and mount?
BTW, Nothing from Topaz is free. They have 30-60 day free trials, but they charge for everything.
The reason Jim and others like myself will recommend NoiseXterminator over Topaz products is because of the AI training that they use. Topaz is a product for everyday photographers, so their AI training is for "normal" photography. Noise Xterminator AI is trained explicitly on astronomical images and understands astronomical images better than Topaz. As Jim mentioned, sometimes using Topaz, it will add details or completely change images depending on the strength of the sliders. You should give NoiseXterminator a try. https://www.rc-astro.com/resources/Nois ... /index.php
Greg M.~ "Ad Astra per Aspera"
Scopes: Celestron EdgeHD14", Explore Scientific ED152CF & ED127 APO's, StellarVue SV70T, Classic Orange-Tube C-8, Lunt 80mm Ha double-stack solar scope.
Mounts: Astro-Physics Mach One, iOptron CEM70EC Mount, iOptron ZEQ25 Mount.
Cameras: ZWO ASI2600mm Pro, ZWO 2600MC Pro, ZWO ASI1600mm
Filters: 36mm Chroma LRGB & 3nm Ha, OIII, SII, L-Pro, L-eXtreme
Eyepieces: 27mm TeleVue Panoptic, 4mm TeleVue Radian, Explore Scientific 82° 30mm, 6.7mm , Baader 13mm Hyperion, Explore Scientific 70° 10mm, 15mm, 20mm, Meade 8.8mm UWA
Software: N.I.N.A., SharpCapPro, PixInsight, PhotoShop CC, Phd2, Stellarium
https://www.nevadadesertskies.com