Tele Vue 9mm Nagler T6

Discuss telescope eyepieces.
Razz United States of America
Pluto Ambassador
Articles: 0

TSS Awards Badges

Re: Tele Vue 9mm Nagler T6

Post by Razz »

Thanks for all the input. I appreciate it. I now have a basic game plan which is subject to change as I learn more. I'm going to use the supplied eyepieces with the AD10 for a bit and just learn the scope. I'm thinking that I'll buy the Baader zoom and I can use that to see what magnifications I like and what works well for my scopes. Besides, from what I'm being told, I'll always have a use for it. I can use it to see what magnification works best at that moment and then switch to whatever eyepiece I need. Then I'll buy a decent Barlow and the eyepieces I think I'll need. At the moment, I'm leaning towards the Morpheus line. But, I am checking out all the other suggestions as well. I realize that eyepiece selection is a personal choice and I do expect some setbacks as my eyes gain more experience and I fine tune what I want/need. I have no problem with that at all. Now, if anyone could recommend a decent Barlow....the questions will never end, I guess...

Ok, I just looked on Agena Astro and they have the Hyperion 8-24 zoom for $309. They also have the zoom coupled with a 1.25" Hyperion 2.25x Barlow for $399...Is that Barlow worth the extra $90? I've seen many posts on different forums where people are happy with Barlows in the $50-$60 range...
Telescopes: SvBony SV503 80mm, Apertura AD10, Daystar SS60DS,Bresser AR-127s, 6" GSO Ritchey-Chretien Astrograph
Mounts: Skywatcher AZ-GTe, EQ6-R Pro
EPs: Baader Q turret with 32mm Classic Plossl and 18mm, 10mm, 6mm Classic Orthos and Q Turret barlow 2.25x
Baader Hyperion Mark IV 8-24mm zoom, Hyperion zoom barlow 2.25x
Filters: Celestron Variable Polarizing, SvBony F9131A UHC, Baader O III 10nm, Classic Lumicon O III, homemade solar filter with Baader OD 5.0 film, Optolong UV/IR cut
Cameras: Canon EOS Rebel T3i, ASI 224 mc
Guiding: iOptron iGuider 30mm scope/camera
Binoculars: Celestron Upclose G2 10x50

Bill
notFritzArgelander
In Memory
In Memory

TSS Awards Badges

Post by notFritzArgelander »

Razz wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 11:28 pm Thanks for all the input. I appreciate it. I now have a basic game plan which is subject to change as I learn more. I'm going to use the supplied eyepieces with the AD10 for a bit and just learn the scope. I'm thinking that I'll buy the Baader zoom and I can use that to see what magnifications I like and what works well for my scopes. Besides, from what I'm being told, I'll always have a use for it. I can use it to see what magnification works best at that moment and then switch to whatever eyepiece I need. Then I'll buy a decent Barlow and the eyepieces I think I'll need. At the moment, I'm leaning towards the Morpheus line. But, I am checking out all the other suggestions as well. I realize that eyepiece selection is a personal choice and I do expect some setbacks as my eyes gain more experience and I fine tune what I want/need. I have no problem with that at all. Now, if anyone could recommend a decent Barlow....the questions will never end, I guess...
Speaking of barlows.....

best bang per buck IMO is https://agenaastro.com/baader-q-barlow-bqb-2956185.html

I have TV 2x and 4x Powermates and still keep them and use them but this little guy is a keeper. The 2.25x is nicer than the 2x as it gives non redundant combinations.

Or you could just get a whole set. https://agenaastro.com/baader-classic-q ... 57000.html

Now I don't use the turret except as a tray but the optical pieces are all quite nice. I have them twice, they're so nice. ;) :animals-dogrun: (for binoviewing) When asked to get a set of eyepieces for my grandson I gave these as good for life.
Scopes: Refs: Orion ST80, SV 80EDA f7, TS 102ED f11 Newts: AWB 130mm, f5, Z12 f5; Cats: VMC110L, Intes MK66,VMC200L f9.75 EPs: KK Fujiyama Orthoscopics, 2x Vixen NPLs (40-6mm) and BCOs, Baader Mark IV zooms, TV Panoptics, Delos, Plossl 32-8mm. Mixed brand Masuyama/Astroplans Binoculars: Nikon Aculon 10x50, Celestron 15x70, Baader Maxbright. Mounts: Star Seeker IV, Vixen Porta II, Celestron CG5
Pluto Ambassador

TSS Awards Badges

Post by Razz »

Thanks for the answer. I did edit my post just now, probably as you were responding...I saw the Baader Hyperion zoom coupled with the Hyperion 2.25x Barlow for an additional $90...I'm assuming by your post that I can get away with a cheaper Barlow. (The one you suggested) I might just buy the whole set, we'll see...
Telescopes: SvBony SV503 80mm, Apertura AD10, Daystar SS60DS,Bresser AR-127s, 6" GSO Ritchey-Chretien Astrograph
EPs: Baader Q turret with 32mm Classic Plossl and 18mm, 10mm, 6mm Classic Orthos and Q Turret barlow 2.25x
Filters: Celestron Variable Polarizing, SvBony F9131A UHC, Baader O III 10nm, Classic Lumicon O III, homemade solar filter with Baader OD 5.0 film, Optolong UV/IR cut

Bill
notFritzArgelander
In Memory
In Memory

TSS Awards Badges

Post by notFritzArgelander »

I have the Hyperion zoom and barlow and can try them out together with a fast scope and report versus the Qbarlow.
Scopes: Refs: Orion ST80, SV 80EDA f7, TS 102ED f11 Newts: AWB 130mm, f5, Z12 f5; Cats: VMC110L, Intes MK66,VMC200L f9.75 EPs: KK Fujiyama Orthoscopics, 2x Vixen NPLs (40-6mm) and BCOs, Baader Mark IV zooms, TV Panoptics, Delos, Plossl 32-8mm. Mixed brand Masuyama/Astroplans Binoculars: Nikon Aculon 10x50, Celestron 15x70, Baader Maxbright. Mounts: Star Seeker IV, Vixen Porta II, Celestron CG5
Bigzmey United States of America
Articles: 8

TSS Awards Badges

Post by Bigzmey »

Q barlow works nicely with Mark IV zoom, I have both. You will save a bit of money and will be able to use it with other EPs not just the zoom.
Scopes: Stellarvue: SV102ED; Celestron: 9.25" EdgeHD, 8" SCT, 150ST, Onyx 80ED; iOptron: Hankmeister 6" Mak; SW: 7" Mak; Meade: 80ST.
Mounts: SW: SkyTee2, AzGTi; iOptron: AZMP; ES: Twilight I; Bresser: EXOS2; UA: MicroStar.
Binos: APM: 100-90 APO; Canon: IS 15x50; Orion: Binoviewer, LG II 15x70, WV 10x50, Nikon: AE 16x50, 10x50, 8x40.
EPs: Pentax: XWs & XFs; TeleVue: Delites, Panoptic & Plossls; ES: 68, 62; Vixen: SLVs; Baader: BCOs, Aspherics, Mark IV.
Diagonals: Baader: BBHS mirror, Zeiss Spec T2 prism, Clicklock dielectric; TeleVue: Evebrite dielectric; AltairAstro: 2" prism.
Filters: Lumicon: DeepSky, UHC, OIII, H-beta; Baader: Moon & SkyGlow, Contrast Booster, UHC-S, 6-color set; Astronomik: UHC.

Observing: DSOs: 3106 (Completed: Messier, Herschel 1, 2, 3. In progress: H2,500: 2180, S110: 77). Doubles: 2382, Comets: 34, Asteroids: 255
Pluto Ambassador

TSS Awards Badges

Post by Razz »

Well, I said a few times already that I just need to jump in and tonight I did...I ordered the Turret set that nFA mentioned as well as the Hyperion zoom/Barlow set I mentioned...I figured the Turret set comes with a few eyepieces I can try and, honestly, they have to better than the Astromania eyepieces I'm using now. I mean, I got 6 filters, 5 eyepieces and a 2x Barlow for $117....

Bill
Bigzmey United States of America
Articles: 8

TSS Awards Badges

Post by Bigzmey »

Razz wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 12:37 am Well, I said a few times already that I just need to jump in and tonight I did...I ordered the Turret set that nFA mentioned as well as the Hyperion zoom/Barlow set I mentioned...I figured the Turret set comes with a few eyepieces I can try and, honestly, they have to better than the Astromania eyepieces I'm using now. I mean, I got 6 filters, 5 eyepieces and a 2x Barlow for $117....
Good choice! The turret set comes with 4 good quality EPs and barlow. These EPs - Baader Classic Orthos and Plossl are great performers all around, their only limitation is short eye relief.
Scopes: Stellarvue: SV102ED; Celestron: 9.25" EdgeHD, 8" SCT, 150ST, Onyx 80ED; iOptron: Hankmeister 6" Mak; SW: 7" Mak; Meade: 80ST.
Mounts: SW: SkyTee2, AzGTi; iOptron: AZMP; ES: Twilight I; Bresser: EXOS2; UA: MicroStar.
Binos: APM: 100-90 APO; Canon: IS 15x50; Orion: Binoviewer, LG II 15x70, WV 10x50, Nikon: AE 16x50, 10x50, 8x40.
EPs: Pentax: XWs & XFs; TeleVue: Delites, Panoptic & Plossls; ES: 68, 62; Vixen: SLVs; Baader: BCOs, Aspherics, Mark IV.
Diagonals: Baader: BBHS mirror, Zeiss Spec T2 prism, Clicklock dielectric; TeleVue: Evebrite dielectric; AltairAstro: 2" prism.
Filters: Lumicon: DeepSky, UHC, OIII, H-beta; Baader: Moon & SkyGlow, Contrast Booster, UHC-S, 6-color set; Astronomik: UHC.

Observing: DSOs: 3106 (Completed: Messier, Herschel 1, 2, 3. In progress: H2,500: 2180, S110: 77). Doubles: 2382, Comets: 34, Asteroids: 255
Pluto Ambassador

TSS Awards Badges

Post by Razz »

Well, they are going to be my jumping off point. I still plan on upgrading them eventually and, at this point, I'll be trying the Morpheus eyepieces first. But, for now, I'm done buying eyepieces. I have enough to try with my SvBony and the AD10 to keep me occupied for a while. Again, thanks to all that gave me advice and opinions. Trust me, I'll be asking more eyepiece questions....

Bill