Good Morning I am new here!

Please take a minute to introduce yourself!
pakarinen United States of America
Inter-Galactic Ambassador
Articles: 0

TSS Awards Badges

Re: Good Morning I am new here!

Post by pakarinen »

80mm refractors are nice and light. :shifty:

No, seriously, depending on what you want to observe, a smaller frac can do quite a bit and is easily transported. You can get by with a lighter mount and tripod also. Just a thought...
=============================================================================
I drink tea, I read books, I look at stars when I'm not cursing clouds. It's what I do.
=============================================================================
AT50, AT72EDII, ST80, ST102; Scopetech Zero, AZ-GTi, AZ Pronto; Innorel RT90C, Oberwerk 5000; Orion Giantview 15x70s, Vortex 8x42s, Navy surplus 7x50s, Nikon 10x50s
jrkirkham United States of America
Orion Spur Ambassador

TSS Awards Badges

TSS Photo of the Day

Post by jrkirkham »

Inspeqtor wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 5:28 pm
jrkirkham wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 1:31 pm :text-woo:
WELCOME! and congratulations on the new telescope. You've come to the right place.
Thank you for your very warm welcome. You missed reading one of my posts just 2 or 3 up where I mentioned because the scope was too heavy for me I have returned the scope and I no longer am an owner of any telescope. I was very sad to have to do that.
I did miss that. Sorry about the scope. It looks like you have a camera rig that will help you gt a lot out of the night sky. I have a Canon 80D (1 year older than your model) and a 400L lens. It's a good wildlife setup. It also does a bang up job on the moon, and with a proper filter will take pictures of sunspots. It takes a little practice, but I have captured several deep sky objects with mine also.
Rob
Telescopes: 50mm refractor, ED80 triplet, 90mm makcass, 10" dob, 8"SCT, 11"SCT
Mounts: Celestron CGX, Orion Sirius + several camera tripods
Cameras: Canon 6D, Canon 80D, ZWO-ASI120MC
Binoculars: 10x50, 12x60, 15x70, 25-125x80
Observatory: SkyShed POD XL3 + 8x12 warm room
AL Projects Completed: Lunar #645, Outreach #0280, Universe Sampler #93-T, Binocular Messier #871, Messier #2521, Messier Honorary #2521, Constellation Hunter Northern Skies #112, Planetary Transit Venus #1, Galileo #26, Outreach Stellar 0280, Meteor Regular #157, Solar System Telescopic #209-I, Observer Award #1
AL Projects Currently in Process: Double Stars, Comet, Lunar Evolution
Inspeqtor
Earth Ambassador

Post by Inspeqtor »

jrkirkham wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 5:21 am
Inspeqtor wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 5:28 pm
jrkirkham wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 1:31 pm :text-woo:
WELCOME! and congratulations on the new telescope. You've come to the right place.
Thank you for your very warm welcome. You missed reading one of my posts just 2 or 3 up where I mentioned because the scope was too heavy for me I have returned the scope and I no longer am an owner of any telescope. I was very sad to have to do that.
I did miss that. Sorry about the scope. It looks like you have a camera rig that will help you gt a lot out of the night sky. I have a Canon 80D (1 year older than your model) and a 400L lens. It's a good wildlife setup. It also does a bang up job on the moon, and with a proper filter will take pictures of sunspots. It takes a little practice, but I have captured several deep sky objects with mine also.
Thank you Rob,

The 400L is a bit better quality from my 150-600 but not quite a powerful but my 150-600 with my Sigma 2.0 extender it does give me decent pictures.
planecrazzzy United States of America
Mars Ambassador

Post by planecrazzzy »

You can still LEARN the night sky...
You would have realized that once you looked through your telescope a few times.
Start with Naked eye astronomy...
So , your still welcome, even if you don't have a scope yet.
Look around, you might get inspired to learn the direction you want to go.
Get excited ...and go for it.
Then you have a mission , a direction to aim
Carl Sagan knew a LOT about space , but I don't think he owned a telescope...
:text-welcomewave:
I was up ALL night , then it dawned on me...

Return to “Welcome Introductions”