NightSkiesNetwork Wants YOU to Participate

Discussion area ONLY for Electronically assisted imaging.
Harmonious
Earth Ambassador
Articles: 0

NightSkiesNetwork Wants YOU to Participate

Post by Harmonious »

NightSkiesNetowork.com has been revamped with new and better software. The audio problems that dogged the old site are gone.

This week the site had broadcasts from the UK, Germany, Canada, New Zealand and the United States. There have been solar broadcasts, white light, Ha and K from both Canada and the US. Weather plays a role of course so it can be pot luck as to whether you see three broadcasters, one or none.

It is easy to join a broadcast. No log in is required to be an "observer." The NSN home page displays a blue ball and a short title for each active broadcast. Just select the broadcast by clicking the button, on the next screen select your audio, microphone (which you control), headphones to listen, or neither if you just want to lurk. Whatever your audio choice and you can change it at any time) you will be on the participant list as "Observer####". Also you can use the chat box. Broadcasters however may not always immediately notice an entry in the public chat. Everyone is welcome to use a mic and join the discussion. Questions are welcome and many broadcasters are happy to discuss equipment and settings or to do request objects, when the object is in view from the broadcast location.

If you want to broadcast there is no additional software or hardware required, you just have to request a channel.

The moon is up, though the sky is still blue but I am on the air right now 8/6 7:17 PM PDT 02:17AM UMT. Come and join us.
pakarinen United States of America
Inter-Galactic Ambassador
Articles: 0

TSS Awards Badges

Re: NightSkiesNetwork Wants YOU to Participate

Post by pakarinen »

Watching an allsky cam in Germany right now. Very cool!
=============================================================================
I drink tea, I read books, I look at stars when I'm not cursing clouds. It's what I do.
=============================================================================
AT50, AT72EDII, ST80, ST102; Scopetech Zero, AZ-GTi, AZ Pronto; Innorel RT90C, Oberwerk 5000; Orion Giantview 15x70s, Vortex 8x42s, Navy surplus 7x50s, Nikon 10x50s