For Star Parties located in the US.
SkyHiker United States of America
Local Group Ambassador
Articles: 0

TSS Awards Badges

TSS Photo of the Day

Night Sky Network

Post by SkyHiker »

In the US we have a fabulous event search feature by the Night Sky Network. Many local astro clubs that are signed up can expose their events through the NSN. Just specify your location and time frame, and it will show these events (star parties and astro).

It is not complete, for instance at the time of this writing I could not find Stellafane or the Grand Canyon star party on it. I suspect that it will become more complete over time as joining the NSN appears to have no downsides, only positives. There are some requirements for signing up that preclude virtual only clubs such as the TSS from joining, I believe.

I suggest to the moderators to have an NSN link visible in this subforum, for instance by making this a sticky if it is deemed worthy.
... Henk. :D Telescopes: GSO 12" Astrograph, "Comet Hunter" MN152, ES ED127CF, ES ED80, WO Redcat51, Z12, AT6RC, Celestron Skymaster 20x80, Mounts and tripod: Losmandy G11S with OnStep, AVX, Tiltall, Cameras: ASI2600MC, ASI2600MM, ASI120 mini, Fuji X-a1, Canon XSi, T6, ELPH 100HS, DIY: OnStep controller, Pi4b/power rig, Afocal adapter, Foldable Dob base, Az/Alt Dob setting circles, Accessories: ZWO 36 mm filter wheel, TV Paracorr 2, Baader MPCC Mk III, ES FF, SSAG, QHY OAG-M, EAF electronic focuser, Plossls, Barlows, Telrad, Laser collimators (Seben LK1, Z12, Howie Glatter), Cheshire, 2 Orion RACIs 8x50, Software: KStars-Ekos, DSS, PHD2, Nebulosity, Photo Gallery, Gimp, CHDK, Computers:Pi4b, 2x running KStars/Ekos, Toshiba Satellite 17", Website:Henk's astro images