Webb update

We all started somewhere! We are a friendly bunch! Most of your questions can be posted here, but if you are interested in Astrophotography please use the new Beginner Astrophotography forum. The response time will be much better.
Frankskywatcher United States of America
Orion Spur Ambassador
Articles: 0

TSS Awards Badges

Webb update

Post by Frankskywatcher »

Not sure how much is hype or real but like the ketchup the anticipation is killing me!
https://arstechnica.com/science/2022/06 ... telescope/
Gee if I had known there was so much to see I would have started decades ago ! :Astronomer1:

Equipment :
Apertura AD10” Dobsonian

Polaris 4” Dobsonian

7x50 binoculars
TCampbell United States of America
Moon Ambassador

Re: Webb update

Post by TCampbell »

Counting down the minutes to the July 12 reveal.

I volunteer as a NASA Solar System Ambassador and also volunteered do do community outreach for the First Images. I sit on calls ... nearly every week. They are keeping us all in suspense on these First Images. Basically nobody gets to know except for a very small group of people directly working on them.

We are told there will be multiple images and I believe they are intended to showcase the capabilities (targets selected to demonstrate the primary missions). That's about it.
Scopes: PlaneWave 12.5 CDK - Meade 14" LX200-ACF - TeleVue NP101is - Lunt LS80Ha
Mounts: Losmandy G11 - Losmandy GM8 - Losmandy StarLapse
Cameras: Canon 60Da - ZWO ASI128MC-Pro - ZWO ASI174MM-Cool - ZWO ASI174MM-Mini
Software (Raspberry Pi): ZWO ASIair - StellarMate / Software (Mac): AstroImager - AstroDSLR - AstroGuider
Wish list items: Weather Controller
Orion Spur Ambassador

TSS Awards Badges

TCampbell wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 1:04 am Counting down the minutes to the July 12 reveal.

I volunteer as a NASA Solar System Ambassador and also volunteered do do community outreach for the First Images. I sit on calls ... nearly every week. They are keeping us all in suspense on these First Images. Basically nobody gets to know except for a very small group of people directly working on them.

We are told there will be multiple images and I believe they are intended to showcase the capabilities (targets selected to demonstrate the primary missions). That's about it.
Wow thank you for sharing that it’s very fascinating.
I’m curious for the results, what the data is going to tell them, how far back it’s going to be able to look but I would be lying if I said I didn’t care about p some kind of generated image.
The data from the what is it called,the MIRI should be interesting to say the least .
With the extra fuel that it had from that perfect launch, I sure hope it can stay on L2 for a long time!
I’m 66 so I hope I’ll still be around to see what it finds lol.
Thank you for sharing your story with me and more to the fact that you volunteer, that’s awesome to get people interested!
Whenever anyone comes to my house I make sure they all get a look through my scope, I think I get more of a kick out of it than they do with the exclamations and other sounds of glee!😁
Gee if I had known there was so much to see I would have started decades ago ! :Astronomer1:

Equipment :
Apertura AD10” Dobsonian

Polaris 4” Dobsonian

7x50 binoculars
Michael131313 Mexico
Orion Spur Ambassador

Post by Michael131313 »

Thanks very much for the update. I appreciate it.
ES AR 102 102mm, f/6.5, ES 254mm f/5 DOB, Obie 10x50, GSO SV 30mm, ES 68° 20mm, ES 82° 14mm, 11mm, 8.8 mm, 6.8mm, 4.7mm. Twilight 1 mount.
Orion Spur Ambassador

TSS Awards Badges

Well here’s the latest and I can’t wait for next week !
Attachments
BDEDDB19-5EE0-4087-A7C5-B827DA461EA3.jpeg
4602CA59-B58F-447E-9802-8A58B7E2166E.jpeg

Equipment :
Apertura AD10” Dobsonian

Polaris 4” Dobsonian

7x50 binoculars