Observing Report for 06 June 2022 - a little back yard binocular romp

Let's see your reports!
kt4hx United States of America
Articles: 4

TSS Awards Badges

Observing Report for 06 June 2022 - a little back yard binocular romp

Post by kt4hx »

Last night I was watching Forged in Fire on History On Demand. About 0030 hours our main cat Stubby came in through the front door and then went out the back door. He likes to take a short cut through the house sometimes. When he came in through the front door I noticed the moon was sinking down to the western horizon. On a whim I snatched up my Pentax 10x50 binoculars and headed out the back door after Stubby.

In the quiet of the night I found myself sitting on the patio and walking around the yard for about 30 to 40 minutes with my faithful companion cat following me around. The sky here is about a Bortle 6 level on average, having degraded from Bortle 5 over the past few years. It had been quite some time since I’d taken the binoculars out at home to simply see what I could see in a quick grab n’ go scenario. I headed back in sometime after 0100 leaving Stubby to his own devices in the early morning dark.

Anyway, I did a little tour around the sky and here is what I was able to pick up with the 10x50s from our typical suburban-type backyard. I took no charts and simply pursued by my memory of where some objects were. This outing was nothing amazing, rather just simple relaxation in the coolness of the post midnight air before calling it a night.

Messier 13 / NGC 6205 (Hercules, globular cluster, mag=5.8, size=20.0’, class=5):
Sitting on the patio I looked straight up to the zenith and easily spotted the trademark ‘”keystone” asterism of Hercules. Raising the binoculars I quickly located this globular framed by the 6th and 7th mag stars that stand guard over this beauty. Of course in the binoculars it was not the showpiece I am accustomed to through my scopes, but nonetheless it was a fine object for the instrument in hand. A small but bright round glow that was diffuse, its bright central region presented itself as a stellar core.

Messier 4 / NGC 6121 (Scorpius, globular cluster, mag=5.4, size=36.0’, class=9):
Next I swept down into Scorpius and easily spotted naked eye Antares through the binoculars. Just a little over 1° to its west I quickly spotted the somewhat large round and very diffuse glow. Its low surface brightness rendered it a little dim in my light polluted sky, but it was still easy. Similarly to M13, it seemed to have a stellar core, though of course with more aperture and magnification, I could have resolved this into numerous stars. This stellar core was more of an optical illusion based on the instrument in use at the time.

Messier 80 / NGC 6093 (Scorpius, globular cluster, mag=7.3, size=10.0’, class=2):
Now moving to just over halfway between Antares and Beta Scorpii (Graffias), I studied the field for a few moments after steadying the binoculars. Eventually as my eye relaxed and adjusted to the field, I discerned the very small and clearly non-stellar diffuse disk of this globular. Fairly dim to my eyes, it was not difficult once I discerned it within the large field of view.

Messier 7 / NGC 6475 (Scorpius, open cluster, mag=3.3, size=1.3º, class=II2r):
Swinging down to the tail of Scorpius I quickly found this summer staple. Quite large in the binoculars, it was a beautiful rich scatter of stars, with a large looping string off the northern edge. This one, along with M6, holds a special place for me as I spent many a summer evening as a young boy looking at them through my little Gilbert 3 inch Newtonian.

Messier 6 / NGC 6405 (Scorpius, open cluster, mag=4.2, size=33.0’, class=III2p):
Within the same FOV with M7 in the 10x50 binoculars, this open cluster was a bright and smaller (comparatively) box of stars. It was more of a rectangular shaped collection oriented northeast-southwest. Of course in larger apertures it truly comes into its own, but even in the binoculars it was a fine object and very strongly detached from the general field in which it lay.

Messier 10 / NGC 6254 (Ophiuchus, globular cluster, mag=6.6, size=20.0’, class=7):
I now swept up into in Ophiuchus and slid into its middle portion. It did not take me long to pull down this globular just west of the star 30 Ophiuchi. Small and slightly dim visually, it was round and like M13 and M4, its center presented as a tiny stellar core due to the inability to resolve the individual stars.

Messier 12 / NGC 6218 (Ophiuchus, globular cluster, mag=6.1, size=16.0’, class=9):
About 3° to the northwest of M10 and in the same FOV of the binoculars I easily spotted this globular. Its appearance was of a small and slightly dim rounded diffuse orb. I always look for the two widely spaced 6th magnitude field stars between it and M10 as an indication of the correct field.

Coat hanger Asterism (Vulpecula, size=90.0’x 45.0’):
Known formally as Collinder 399 or Brocchi’s Cluster, it is affectionately called the “coat hanger” due to its very distinctive shape. It presented a bright and easy grouping of a dozen stars in the upside-down coat hanger appearance that never fails to invoke a sense of curiosity because of its unique pattern.

Messier 71 / NGC 6838 (Sagitta, globular cluster, mag=8.4, size=7.2’, class=10/11):
Picking up Sagitta with the naked eye, I quickly found the field for this very diffuse and loosely structured globular. I braced the binoculars a little to steady the view and studied the field for a few minutes. As with M4, my eyes eventually relaxed and adjusted to the field in view, and I could then detect the soft glowing disk of this cluster. Small and slightly dim to the eye because of its low surface brightness, it was a very diffuse object. In larger scopes and from darker locations this cluster is a true stunner, though it can often be overlooked within the rich Milky Way field in which it resides.

Diamond Ring Asterism (Ursa Minor, size=45.0’):
Dominated by Polaris, this asterism sports a dozen or so stars that form a rough ring shape with brilliant Polaris (the diamond) sitting atop of the pattern. I saw the six primary stars of the group, with five of 6th to 8th mag forming a ring below the diamond (Polaris). Many people look at Polaris, but may fail to really take note of the overall pattern of the stars that form the ring with it. Be sure to check it out sometime.

So with the diamond ring, I called my brief foraging expedition done. I bid Stubby a good night (wherever he was at that time) and went back in to get some sleep. It was a fun little endeavor, and something I haven’t done in quite some time. As an aside while I was looking at Scorpius with the naked eye, I noticed several stars to its SSW that were part of the constellation Lupus the wolf. Since a neighbor's tree went down some time ago, some of the stars lower to our south have now become visible! :) Thanks for coming along and I hope you get the opportunity get out there yourself sooner rather than later.
Alan

Scopes: Astro Sky 17.5 f/4.5 Dob || Apertura AD12 f/5 Dob || Zhumell Z10 f/4.9 Dob ||
ES AR127 f/6.5 || ES ED80 f/6 || Apertura 6" f/5 Newtonian
Mounts: ES Twilight-II and Twilight-I
EPs: AT 82° 28mm UWA || TV Ethos 100° 21mm and 13mm || Vixen LVW 65° 22mm ||
ES 82° 18mm || Pentax XW 70° 10mm, 7mm and 5mm || barlows
Filters (2 inch): DGM NPB || Orion Ultra Block, O-III and Sky Glow || Baader HaB
Primary Field Atlases: Uranometria All-Sky Edition and Interstellarum Deep Sky Atlas
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Astronomers, we look into the past to see our future." (me)
"Seeing is in some respect an art, which must be learnt." (William Herschel)
"What we know is a drop, what we don't know is an ocean." (Sir Isaac Newton)
"No good deed goes unpunished." (various)
Some people without brains do an awful lot of talking, don't you think?” (Scarecrow, The Wonderful Wizard of Oz)
pakarinen United States of America
Inter-Galactic Ambassador
Articles: 0

TSS Awards Badges

Re: Observing Report for 06 June 2022 - a little back yard binocular romp

Post by pakarinen »

Nice! M4 is my nemesis - it's a real beast to see at home.
=============================================================================
I drink tea, I read books, I look at stars when I'm not cursing clouds. It's what I do.
=============================================================================
AT50, AT72EDII, ST80, ST102; Scopetech Zero, AZ-GTi, AZ Pronto; Innorel RT90C, Oberwerk 5000; Orion Giantview 15x70s, Vortex 8x42s, Navy surplus 7x50s, Nikon 10x50s
turboscrew
Inter-Galactic Ambassador

TSS Awards Badges

Post by turboscrew »

Nice little session!
Scorpius, too, is too low to see from here.
- Juha

Senior Embedded SW Designer
Telescope: OrionOptics XV12, Mount: CEM120, Tri-pier 360 and alternative dobson mount.
Grab 'n go: Omegon AC 102/660 on AZ-3 mount
Eyepieces: 26 mm Omegon SWAN 70°, 15 mm TV Plössl, 12.5 mm Baader Morpheus, 10 mm TV Delos, 6 mm Baader Classic Ortho, 5 mm TV DeLite, 4 mm and 3 mm TV Radians
Cameras: ZWO ASI 294MM Pro, Omegon veLOX 178C
OAG: TS-Optics TSOAG09, ZWO EFW 7 x 36 mm, ZWO filter sets: LRGB and Ha/OIII/SII
Explore Scientific HR 2" coma corrector, Meade x3 1.25" Barlow, TV PowerMate 4x 2"
Some filters (#80A, ND-96, ND-09, Astronomik UHC)
Laptop: Acer Enduro Urban N3 semi-rugged, Windows 11
LAT 61° 28' 10.9" N, Bortle 5

I don't suffer from insanity. I'm enjoying every minute of it.

helicon United States of America
Co-Administrator
Co-Administrator
Articles: 592

TSS Awards Badges

Post by helicon »

Nice grab-n-go report Alan.

M4 I found pretty straightforward at home with the 10x50's in the Berkeley Hills, just a bit diffuse and down in the LP of Silicon Valley to the south.
It was easier in the 15x70's and highly interesting in the 25x100's. With that instrument I looked for NGC 6144 only 40 arc minutes from Antares. No dice. I did see it well in the 10" Dob on several occasions, and once faintly with the 6" achromat.

M71 in Sagitta I have searched for but failed in the binos a bit like M56 in Lyra.

My experience with the 7x50 RACI on the Zhumell was that likewise with the binos, I couldn't see them.
-Michael
Refractors: ES AR152 f/6.5 Achromat on Twilight II, Celestron 102mm XLT f/9.8 on Celestron Heavy Duty Alt Az mount, KOWA 90mm spotting scope
Binoculars: Celestron SkyMaster 15x70, Bushnell 10x50
Eyepieces: Various, GSO Superview, 9mm Plossl, Celestron 25mm Plossl
Camera: ZWO ASI 120
Naked Eye: Two Eyeballs
Latitude: 48.7229° N

TSS Awards Badges

Post by kt4hx »

pakarinen wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 9:04 pm Nice! M4 is my nemesis - it's a real beast to see at home.

Thank you Olen. Yeah, M4 can be a challenge for some because of LP. Its lower surface brightness kind of washes out in the brighter areas.

turboscrew wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 10:01 pm Nice little session!
Scorpius, too, is too low to see from here.

Thank you Juha. I know how it is. That is my same complaint for some of our friends in places like Australia, who can see things that are too far south for us here. It seems all of us have something out of reach unfortunately. Would be nice if we could all see everytihing! :)

helicon wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 10:19 pm Nice grab-n-go report Alan.

M4 I found pretty straightforward at home with the 10x50's in the Berkeley Hills, just a bit diffuse and down in the LP of Silicon Valley to the south.
It was easier in the 15x70's and highly interesting in the 25x100's. With that instrument I looked for NGC 6144 only 40 arc minutes from Antares. No dice. I did see it well in the 10" Dob on several occasions, and once faintly with the 6" achromat.

M71 in Sagitta I have searched for but failed in the binos a bit like M56 in Lyra.

My experience with the 7x50 RACI on the Zhumell was that likewise with the binos, I couldn't see them.

Thank you Michael. As you point out comparing M4 through binoculars ranging from 10x50 to 15x70 to 25x100, when using smaller apertures it doesn't take much of an aperture jump to make a difference. Up to about 6 inches even a change of 1 inch can be beneficial. Then as we get larger and larger, it takes bigger jumps to get the same level of benefit.

I didn't think to try for M56, but I can't say I've had much success with it in times past with such small aperture. It was fun to get out for a little bit with the binoculars. As you know most of my observing is from the dark site with the 17.5 inch, so that is a huge drop down to a brighter sky with handheld binoculars. Certainly gives one perspective. :)
Alan

Scopes: Astro Sky 17.5 f/4.5 Dob || Apertura AD12 f/5 Dob || Zhumell Z10 f/4.9 Dob ||
Filters (2 inch): DGM NPB || Orion Ultra Block, O-III and Sky Glow || Baader HaB
Primary Field Atlases: Uranometria All-Sky Edition and Interstellarum Deep Sky Atlas
Some people without brains do an awful lot of talking, don't you think?” (Scarecrow, The Wonderful Wizard of Oz)
Ylem United States of America
Universal Ambassador

TSS Photo of the Day

Post by Ylem »

Very nice report, and what time did "Stay Out" Stubby finally return?
Clear Skies,
-Jeff :telescopewink:

Member; ASTRA-NJ

Orion 80ED
Celestron C5, 6SE, Celestar 8
Vixen Porta Mount ll
Coronado PST
A big box of Plossls
Little box of filters
:D

Unitron48 United States of America
Local Group Ambassador

TSS Awards Badges

Post by Unitron48 »

Well done, Alan! Certainly not your usual observing report, but a very nice selection of bino targets!

Dave
Unitron (60mm, 102mm), Brandon 94
Stellarvue SVX127D
http://www.unitronhistory.com

"Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better." Albert Einstein
Bigzmey United States of America
Articles: 8

TSS Awards Badges

Post by Bigzmey »

Nice binocular walk in summer sky, Alan. I also have Bortle 6.0 sky at home degraded from 5. I almost never do DSOs from home with scopes, but like you do binocular sessions on occasion. It is surprising how many you can pick with small binoculars even under LP skies.
Scopes: Stellarvue: SV102ED; Celestron: 9.25" EdgeHD, 8" SCT, 150ST, Onyx 80ED; iOptron: Hankmeister 6" Mak; SW: 7" Mak; Meade: 80ST.
Mounts: SW: SkyTee2, AzGTi; iOptron: AZMP; ES: Twilight I; Bresser: EXOS2; UA: MicroStar.
Binos: APM: 100-90 APO; Canon: IS 15x50; Orion: Binoviewer, LG II 15x70, WV 10x50, Nikon: AE 16x50, 10x50, 8x40.
EPs: Pentax: XWs & XFs; TeleVue: Delites, Panoptic & Plossls; ES: 68, 62; Vixen: SLVs; Baader: BCOs, Aspherics, Mark IV.
Diagonals: Baader: BBHS mirror, Zeiss Spec T2 prism, Clicklock dielectric; TeleVue: Evebrite dielectric; AltairAstro: 2" prism.
Filters: Lumicon: DeepSky, UHC, OIII, H-beta; Baader: Moon & SkyGlow, Contrast Booster, UHC-S, 6-color set; Astronomik: UHC.
Solar: HA: Lunt 50mm single stack, W/L: Meade Herschel wedge.

Observing: DSOs: 3106 (Completed: Messier, Herschel 1, 2, 3. In progress: H2,500: 2180, S110: 77). Doubles: 2437, Comets: 34, Asteroids: 257
John Baars Netherlands
Co-Administrator
Co-Administrator
Articles: 5

TSS Awards Badges

TSS Photo of the Day

Post by John Baars »

Nice session!
I always like binocular sessions. They start as a 10 minutes session and the end of the story is always one hour or longer.
M6 and M7 are too low at my lattitude, M4 is too faint from my backyard.
Refractors in frequency of use : *SW Evostar 120ED F/7.5 (all round ), * Vixen 102ED F/9 (vintage), both on Vixen GPDX.
GrabnGo on Alt/AZ : *SW Startravel 102 F/5 refractor( widefield, Sun, push-to), *OMC140 Maksutov F/14.3 ( planets).
Most used Eyepieces: *Panoptic 24, *Morpheus 14, *Leica ASPH zoom, *Zeiss barlow, *Pentax XO5.
Commonly used bino's : *Jena 10X50 , * Canon 10X30 IS, *Swarovski Habicht 7X42, * Celestron 15X70, *Kasai 2.3X40
Rijswijk Public Observatory: * Astro-Physics Starfire 130 f/8, * 6 inch Newton, * C9.25, * Meade 14 inch LX600 ACF, *Lunt.
Amateur astronomer since 1970.
Butterfly Maiden Great Britain
Local Group Ambassador

TSS Photo of the Day

Post by Butterfly Maiden »

For a quick grab-and-go with your bins Alan, you certainly managed yet another excellent viewing session.

Well done you :smile:
Vanessa

Nikon D82 Fieldscope with 30x/45x/56x angled eyepiece.
Olympus DPS-1 10x50 binoculars.
Leica 8x32BN binoculars.

TSS Awards Badges

Post by kt4hx »

Ylem wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 12:20 am Very nice report, and what time did "Stay Out" Stubby finally return?

Thank you Jeff. I am sure Stubby was in the backyard area somewhere when I came in. He was likely asleep somewhere back there. He never wanders too far off. He tends to come in frequently in the winter as his fluffy coat doesn't keep him as warm as other cats with a denser coat. But during the warmer months he stays out most of the time day or night. :)

Unitron48 wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 12:57 am Well done, Alan! Certainly not your usual observing report, but a very nice selection of bino targets!

Dave

Thank you Dave. No, not my normal "thing!" :lol: Going from dark skies at 17.5 inches to brighter skies at 10x50 is certainly a paradigm shift. But, it is good to mix it up once in a while. If you make adjustments in equipment and localized conditions, it can be just as challenging to observe otherwise bright objects as it is a 14th to 15th magnitude galaxy. :)

Bigzmey wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 2:52 am Nice binocular walk in summer sky, Alan. I also have Bortle 6.0 sky at home degraded from 5. I almost never do DSOs from home with scopes, but like you do binocular sessions on occasion. It is surprising how many you can pick with small binoculars even under LP skies.

Thank you Andrey. Yeah, so many of us have suffered the slow (and sometimes not so slow) creep of light pollution. I rarely take a scope out here as well. I am not a regular binocular user either, but will have them with me at times at the dark site house. But every once in a while I will get the urge to wander out under our brighter sky here to see what I can do. It is good to push yourself a little to reinforce your skill set. That is also why I didn't take any charts out with me. First it would simply be something else to mess with (plus a red light), but more importantly, I wanted to challenge myself to recall exactly where some of these objects were located in the sky. Some are etched into memory such as M13, M6 and M7. Others I know the location in a fairly specific sense, and only required finding the "area" they were in to pin them down based on recollection of the general star fields, like M10 and M12. Whereas something like M80 was more challenging because it had been 11 years since I'd last observed it but had remembrance of its general location. All in all it was a fun challenge and rewarding in its simplicity. :)

John Baars wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 8:11 am Nice session!
I always like binocular sessions. They start as a 10 minutes session and the end of the story is always one hour or longer.
M6 and M7 are too low at my lattitude, M4 is too faint from my backyard.

Thank you John. The beauty of binoculars is that using them can be what you want it to be, and they have a portability that scopes do not match. Whether you have only 5 minutes or you have an hour, binoculars can get you up and running in a few moments. :)

Butterfly Maiden wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 8:37 am For a quick grab-and-go with your bins Alan, you certainly managed yet another excellent viewing session.

Well done you :smile:

Thank you Vanessa. Whether an observing session is simple or highly involved, we can glean deep satisfaction from the process of communing with the sky and reveling in its beauty. :)
Alan

KingNothing13 United States of America

TSS Awards Badges

Post by KingNothing13 »

Nice Alan! That's a good, quick night with the binos!

My wife and I just picked up zero gravity chairs for lounging in the back, and I am thinking I can use them for quick bino sessions, when I have the urge. I just need to follow through!
-- Brett

Scope: Apertura AD10 with Nexus II with 8192/716000 Step Encoders
EPs: ES 82* 18mm, 11mm, 6.7mm; GSO 30mm
Celestron SkyMaster 15x70 Binoculars
List Counts: Messier: 75; Herschel 400: 30; Caldwell: 12; AL Carbon Star List: 16
Brett's Carbon Star Hunt

TSS Awards Badges

Post by kt4hx »

KingNothing13 wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 12:18 pm Nice Alan! That's a good, quick night with the binos!

My wife and I just picked up zero gravity chairs for lounging in the back, and I am thinking I can use them for quick bino sessions, when I have the urge. I just need to follow through!

Thank you Brett. It was quick and dirty, a fun. :) Yeah, zero gravity would work quite well for laying back and scanning with binoculars. Sometime I need to get my tripod back out for mounting my 10x50s or the 20x80s I have. That would certainly make the views steadier and more detailed.
Alan

Makuser United States of America
In Memory
In Memory

TSS Awards Badges

TSS Photo of the Day

Post by Makuser »

Hi Alan. A nice observing report with your 10x50 binoculars. It was a treat to read and follow along on your journey. A no go here, as after a 3 week drought we are now flooded with rain and thunderstorms yesterday and more coming in the next few days. Thanks for posting another fun read report Alan with your Astro Cat Stubby.
Marshall
Sky-Watcher 90mm f/13.8 Maksutov-Cassegrain on motorized Multimount
Orion Astroview 120ST f/5 Refractor on EQ3 mount
Celestron Comet Catcher 140mm f/3.64 Schmidt-Newtonian on alt-az mount
Celestron Omni XLT150R f/5 Refractor on CG4 mount with dual axis drives.
Orion 180mm f/15 Maksutov-Cassegrain on CG5-GT Goto mount.
Orion XT12i 12" f/4.9 Dobsonian Intelliscope.
Kamakura 7x35 Binoculars and Celestron SkyMaster 15x70 Binoculars. ZWO ASI 120MC camera.
>)))))*>

TSS Awards Badges

Post by kt4hx »

Makuser wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 2:16 pm Hi Alan. A nice observing report with your 10x50 binoculars. It was a treat to read and follow along on your journey. A no go here, as after a 3 week drought we are now flooded with rain and thunderstorms yesterday and more coming in the next few days. Thanks for posting another fun read report Alan with your Astro Cat Stubby.

Thank you Marshall. It was a quick and fun outing. Stubby hangs with me a bit, but then he wanders off in search of sleep - as cats frequently do! :)
Alan

helicon United States of America
Co-Administrator
Co-Administrator
Articles: 592

TSS Awards Badges

Post by helicon »

As I mentioned above, excellent report and I hope others are inspired to do the same. Congratulations Alan on winning the VROD for the day!

viewtopic.php?p=204731#p204731
-Michael
Refractors: ES AR152 f/6.5 Achromat on Twilight II, Celestron 102mm XLT f/9.8 on Celestron Heavy Duty Alt Az mount, KOWA 90mm spotting scope
Binoculars: Celestron SkyMaster 15x70, Bushnell 10x50
Eyepieces: Various, GSO Superview, 9mm Plossl, Celestron 25mm Plossl
Camera: ZWO ASI 120
Naked Eye: Two Eyeballs
Latitude: 48.7229° N

TSS Awards Badges

Post by kt4hx »

helicon wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 12:41 pm As I mentioned above, excellent report and I hope others are inspired to do the same. Congratulations Alan on winning the VROD for the day!

viewtopic.php?p=204731#p204731

Thank you Michael. The recognition of my humble little report is appreciated, and you are indeed correct. If can inspire even one person to grab up their binoculars or smaller scope and head outside even though they suffer brighter skies, then my time and effort was well spent. There is always something to see no matter the challenge.
Alan

John Baars Netherlands
Co-Administrator
Co-Administrator
Articles: 5

TSS Awards Badges

TSS Photo of the Day

Post by John Baars »

Congratulations on the VROD!
Refractors in frequency of use : *SW Evostar 120ED F/7.5 (all round ), * Vixen 102ED F/9 (vintage), both on Vixen GPDX.
GrabnGo on Alt/AZ : *SW Startravel 102 F/5 refractor( widefield, Sun, push-to), *OMC140 Maksutov F/14.3 ( planets).
Most used Eyepieces: *Panoptic 24, *Morpheus 14, *Leica ASPH zoom, *Zeiss barlow, *Pentax XO5.
Commonly used bino's : *Jena 10X50 , * Canon 10X30 IS, *Swarovski Habicht 7X42, * Celestron 15X70, *Kasai 2.3X40
Rijswijk Public Observatory: * Astro-Physics Starfire 130 f/8, * 6 inch Newton, * C9.25, * Meade 14 inch LX600 ACF, *Lunt.
Amateur astronomer since 1970.

TSS Awards Badges

Post by kt4hx »

John Baars wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 8:11 pm Congratulations on the VROD!

Thank you John.
Alan

Unitron48 United States of America
Local Group Ambassador

TSS Awards Badges

Post by Unitron48 »

Unitron48 wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 12:57 am Well done, Alan! Certainly not your usual observing report, but a very nice selection of bino targets!

Dave
And congrats on your VROD!!

Dave
Unitron (60mm, 102mm), Brandon 94
Stellarvue SVX127D
http://www.unitronhistory.com

"Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better." Albert Einstein