Discuss solar related topics.
Ben Cartwright SASS
Orion Spur Ambassador
Articles: 0

TSS Awards Badges

TSS Photo of the Day

Quark Gemini

Post by Ben Cartwright SASS »

I sold a collector gun last week (Smith and Wesson Pre-45 .22 LR Boston Police marked) and used part of the proceeds from it to buy a Daystar Gemini!

They build each one individually and it takes about a week. I know someone who is friends with Jen and when I expressed the common feeling that they use the Gemini to get rid of less than perfect etalons he said he knows her and that is bunk, they take pride in their products and put out a good filter. I have always felt that was true but you can't help but hear the Debbie Downers spouting off.

AT the same time this past week I passed my test for a General Amateur Radio License so celebrated and used the rest of the money from the gun for a new rig (radio) a Kenwood TS-590SG.

this is my current shack
0 shack 1 closeup.jpg
I might not always be right but I am never wrong, once I thought I was wrong, but I was mistaken...

Ferengi Rule of Acquisition #59
Free advice is seldom cheap

"Sometimes having is not so pleasing as wanting, it's not logical but it is true"
Commander Spock

Canon DSLR's R7, R6II, 5D, 7D2, 90D 21 lenses incl. 100-400L mk ii, 70-200L mk iii f/2.8, RF600/11
Lunt LS50 DS, LS80 DS, Lunt 102ED, Stellarvue SV80 APO, Orion ST80, 127 MAK, Skywatcher Evostar 120ED, 102 MAK, Celestron 8" Edge HD, 102AZ
Skywatcher EQ6-R Pro
ZWO ASI071MC-cool, ASI174mm, ASI174mm-cool, ASI178MC-cool, ASI290 mini, ASI120MM-S, ASI120MC Revolution Player One mm (178 chip)
notFritzArgelander
In Memory
In Memory
Articles: 0

TSS Awards Badges

Re: Quark Gemini

Post by notFritzArgelander »

Looking forward to seeing results from the Gemini! Congratulations.
Scopes: Refs: Orion ST80, SV 80EDA f7, TS 102ED f11 Newts: AWB 130mm, f5, Z12 f5; Cats: VMC110L, Intes MK66,VMC200L f9.75 EPs: KK Fujiyama Orthoscopics, 2x Vixen NPLs (40-6mm) and BCOs, Baader Mark IV zooms, TV Panoptics, Delos, Plossl 32-8mm. Mixed brand Masuyama/Astroplans Binoculars: Nikon Aculon 10x50, Celestron 15x70, Baader Maxbright. Mounts: Star Seeker IV, Vixen Porta II, Celestron CG5