Hello, All !

Please take a minute to introduce yourself!
Unitron48 United States of America
Local Group Ambassador
Articles: 0

TSS Awards Badges

Re: Hello, All !

Post by Unitron48 »

Hello and welcome aboard!

Dave
Unitron (60mm, 102mm), Brandon 94
Stellarvue SVX127D
http://www.unitronhistory.com

"Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better." Albert Einstein
Razz United States of America
Pluto Ambassador

TSS Awards Badges

Post by Razz »

Y'know, I've been on many many different forums, mostly because I have way too many interests...lol, but I've never had so many people reply on my intro thread in such a short time. I guess this is an active forum, which is a good thing. Of course, now I feel like the new kid that just entered the classroom and everyone is staring at me, thinking "so what can you do?" LOL
Telescopes: SvBony SV503 80mm, Apertura AD10, Daystar SS60DS,Bresser AR-127s, 6" GSO Ritchey-Chretien Astrograph
Mounts: Skywatcher AZ-GTe, EQ6-R Pro
EPs: Baader Q turret with 32mm Classic Plossl and 18mm, 10mm, 6mm Classic Orthos and Q Turret barlow 2.25x
Baader Hyperion Mark IV 8-24mm zoom, Hyperion zoom barlow 2.25x
Filters: Celestron Variable Polarizing, SvBony F9131A UHC, Baader O III 10nm, Classic Lumicon O III, homemade solar filter with Baader OD 5.0 film, Optolong UV/IR cut
Cameras: Canon EOS Rebel T3i, ASI 224 mc
Guiding: iOptron iGuider 30mm scope/camera
Binoculars: Celestron Upclose G2 10x50

Bill
Thefatkitty Canada
Co-Administrator
Co-Administrator

TSS Awards Badges

TSS Photo of the Day

Post by Thefatkitty »

Razz wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 12:08 am Y'know, I've been on many many different forums, mostly because I have way too many interests...lol, but I've never had so many people reply on my intro thread in such a short time. I guess this is an active forum, which is a good thing. Of course, now I feel like the new kid that just entered the classroom and everyone is staring at me, thinking "so what can you do?" LOL
:lol: Well put, and we are friendly and active bunch here. Not to mention a lot of us are on holidays... ;) I know what you're saying; I went through the same thing when I signed on here. But nobody was judging me, and like you I couldn't believe the amount of responses; everyone was honestly earnest in hearing about my experiences. It went well, and still does. We all still have our "first light" at something, even after years of observing/AP. Hearing about someone else's first light often gives you a good memory of your own.

Again, welcome. It just gets better! :D

All the best Razz,
Mark

"The Hankmeister" Celestron 8SE, orange tube Vixen made C80, CG4, AZ-EQ5 and SolarQuest mounts.
Too much Towa glass/mirrors.

Solar:
H/A - PST stage 2 mod with a Baader 90mm ERF on a Celestron XLT 102 (thanks Mike!)
Ca-K - W/O 61mm, Antares 1.6 barlow, Baader 3.8 OD and Ca-K filters with a ZWO ASI174mm.
W/L - C80-HD with Baader 5.0 & 3.8 Solar film, Solar Continuum 7.5nm and UV/IR filters with a Canon EOS 550D.
3052 Member of the RASC
10538 United States of America
Pluto Ambassador

TSS Awards Badges

Post by 10538 »

Hello Razz and welcome to the forum! You’re going to really like the ST80! :text-welcomeconfetti:
Ed :Astronomer1:
Scopes: Orion 14 inch f/4.6 Dobsonian w/MoonLite focuser. Meade LX200 Classic 10”w/AudioStar and MoonLite focuser, Criterion RV6, Orion ST80A w/2” GSO micro focuser.
Eyepieces: ES 5.5mm 100*, 6.7mm 82*, 11mm 82*, 14mm 100*, 18mm 82*, 20mm 100*, Meade 9mm XWA 100*, 24mm UWA 82*, 56mm 50*, TV Delos 6,8 & 10mm, Panoptic 24, 27 & 35mm, 17mm Nagler, Powermate 2X, Baader 6mm Ortho, Paracorr II.
MISC: William Optics Binoviewer, Revolution 2 Imager, Orion Skyview Pro Mount, Skymaster 15x70, 20x70, 25x100 Binos, HoTech Collimator, Kendrick Dew System,Catsperch Chair.
Messier 110 Complete/ Messier 110 Sketches Complete / Herschel 400 Complete / H-2 and H-3 Complete
Bortle 3 Skies in Down Eastern NC
“Starlight, I hear you calling out to me so far away” Jeff Lynne ELO.
pixelsaurus New Zealand
Moon Ambassador

Post by pixelsaurus »

Hiya Razz. Welcome aboard.
Mike

Rokinon 135mm f/2 lens, Tamron 90mm f/2.5 SP lens
NcStar 20x70 binoculars
iOptron CEM26 Goto EQ Mount, iOptron SkyGuider Pro
iOptron miniGuidescope + QHY5P Guide camera
Pentax K500, Pentax K70, Pentax K1, QHY183C
NexStar Evolution 8 HD Telescope with StarSense, Wedge for NexStar Evolution and SE 6/8
Umbrella, gumboots.
Kagemusha
Earth Ambassador

Post by Kagemusha »

Welcome fellow newbie :D
Brand new to backyard astronomy and hoping to learn about astrophotography! Starting this journey with my son. 👨‍👦
Please be gentle :lol:

Scope: Stock Celestron Omni AZ120 w/ stock mount and eye pieces
Cameras: Canon EOS T3 Rebel and an iPhone 13
Toys: Celestron x2 Barlow w/T-Adaptor, Auto-Shutter for my DSLR
Wish-List: Goto tracking mount, dedicated astrophotography cam, to capture the Orion nebula
Razz United States of America
Pluto Ambassador

TSS Awards Badges

Post by Razz »

Kagemusha wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 7:16 pm Welcome fellow newbie :D
Same to you!
Telescopes: SvBony SV503 80mm, Apertura AD10, Daystar SS60DS,Bresser AR-127s, 6" GSO Ritchey-Chretien Astrograph
Mounts: Skywatcher AZ-GTe, EQ6-R Pro
EPs: Baader Q turret with 32mm Classic Plossl and 18mm, 10mm, 6mm Classic Orthos and Q Turret barlow 2.25x
Baader Hyperion Mark IV 8-24mm zoom, Hyperion zoom barlow 2.25x
Filters: Celestron Variable Polarizing, SvBony F9131A UHC, Baader O III 10nm, Classic Lumicon O III, homemade solar filter with Baader OD 5.0 film, Optolong UV/IR cut
Cameras: Canon EOS Rebel T3i, ASI 224 mc
Guiding: iOptron iGuider 30mm scope/camera
Binoculars: Celestron Upclose G2 10x50

Bill
OzEclipse Australia
Articles: 2

TSS Awards Badges

TSS Photo of the Day

Post by OzEclipse »

Razz wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 1:30 am Thanks for the welcome everyone! One quick question, tho...Can anyone do something about the clouds!? LOL...Ever since I decided to do this, I've been paying more attention to the night sky and it's ALWAYS cloudy...I can't even see the moon...
Yes. I can. Comet Leonard 12/14 nights have been clear for me. Need I say more
Amateur astronomer since 1978...................Web site : http://joe-cali.com/
Scopes: ATM 18" Dob, Vixen VC200L, ATM 6"f7, Stellarvue 102ED, Saxon ED80, WO M70 ED, Orion 102 Maksutov, ST80.
Mounts: Takahashi EM-200, iOptron iEQ45, Push dobsonian with Nexus DSC, three homemade EQ's.
Eyepieces: TV Naglers 31, 17, 12, 7; Denkmeier D21 & D14; Pentax XW10, XW5, Unitron 40mm Kellner, Meade Or 25,12
Cameras : Pentax K1, K5, K01, K10D / VIDEO CAMS : TacosBD, Lihmsec.
Cam/guider/controllers: Lacerta MGEN 3, SW Synguider, Simulation Curriculum SkyFi 3+Sky safari
Memberships Astronomical Association of Queensland; RASNZ Occultations Section; Single Exposure Milky Way Facebook Group (Moderator) (12k members), The Sky Searchers (moderator)
Roverich
Moon Ambassador

Post by Roverich »

Razz wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 12:21 am I've been interested in astronomy since I was a kid. Of course we didn't have a lot of money so it was just staring at the sky and looking at any books or magazines I could get my hands on. Now that I'm WAY past being a kid and can now afford it, I decided to get to get back into astronomy. I have on order an Orion ST80, a Skywatcher Az-GTe mount and some accessories. That in itself was a chore as most places are out of stock or it showed to be in stock and I'd place the order only to get an email saying "Sorry, out of stock"...lol...BUT, I finally have, I think, everything coming that I'll need to get started. Hopefully, everything will be here in the next few weeks. (just in time for my vacation) Once everything gets here and I get it set up, I'm sure I'll have questions. I had been browsing this forum for a little more than a week before I joined and it seems like it has some very knowledgeable people and I look forward to learning from you...
Welcome aboard. Thanks for joining us
Current scopes 16in night sky dobsonian , 80mm synta refractor on a slik professional tripod with a stellarvue m1 mount Meade series 4000 eyepieces. Meade 70mm binoculars. Keep looking up.

In route. Astrotech 102ed refractor :sprefac:

Return to “Welcome Introductions”