AVX Lights up but doesn't boot or respond

Discuss Celestron mounts.
Lady Fraktor Slovakia
Universal Ambassador
Articles: 0

Re: AVX Lights up but doesn't boot or respond

Post by Lady Fraktor »

Your first image was just garbled text when I first saw it, I can see the image now.
When you have the mount plugged into the computer did you have to load drivers for the cable?
If so did you load the drivers for the cable or let your computer choose them? This can be a issue at times, one of the other rarer now issues is try with your anti-virus shut off while
trying to update.
You are making progress at least, hopefully it will be working soon.
Gabrielle
See Far Sticks: Elita 103/1575, AOM FLT 105/1000, Bresser 127/1200 BV, Nočný stopár 152/1200, Vyrobené doma 70/700, Stellarvue NHNG DX 80/552, TAL RS 100/1000, Vixen SD115s/885
EQ: TAL MT-1, Vixen SXP, SXP2, AXJ, AXD
Az/Alt: AYO Digi II, Stellarvue M2C, Argo Navis encoders on both
Tripods: Berlebach Planet (2), Uni 28 Astro, Report 372, TAL factory maple, Vixen ASG-CB90, Vixen AXD-TR102
Diagonals: Astro-Physics, Baader Amici, Baader Herschel, iStar Blue, Stellarvue DX, Tak prism, TAL, Vixen
Eyepieces: Antares to Zeiss (1011110)
The only culture I have is from yogurt
StarLord101
Moon Ambassador

Post by StarLord101 »

Lady Fraktor wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 8:18 pm Your first image was just garbled text when I first saw it, I can see the image now.
When you have the mount plugged into the computer did you have to load drivers for the cable?
If so did you load the drivers for the cable or let your computer choose them? This can be a issue at times, one of the other rarer now issues is try with your anti-virus shut off while
trying to update.
You are making progress at least, hopefully it will be working soon.
I know what you mean about driver and cable issues especially with older stuff and serial converters. What I forgot to mention is that whether it's the HC plugged into the pc on its own, or connected to the mount and the mount powered on, the moment it's connected to the pc, the connection as far as the port goes is solid. Even when nothing is detecting in the astronomy softwares and utilities, the com port from the connection is solid and doesn't go away until physically disconnected. All these various things see the port no problem. It's just that they act like there is nothing like a mount or hc. The only ones that detect anything on the port is cfm and cpwi, but at that, only if I follow the exact boot sequence, and as noted in last posts, cfm can just detect them. Once I try to update or do anything, it can't see them any more and the only way to get it to see the devices is to power off the mount and disconnect the HC and start again. Cpwi is the only thing that connects and can actually control or interact with the mount if that boot order is followed. The driver is the correct prolific driver. But I also used the prolific utility to confirm the kind of chip and driver needed and reinstalled it. No change in behaviours.

A thought.... And I could be completely wrong here... But don't most of the softwares including ascom drivers need the mount to be aligned before it can do anything? And perhaps cpwi is able to because it can do initial alignment? No idea if I'm confusing this with something else.
LXD75 GEM mount used with 90mm Meade Refractor, 102mm Celestron reflector, and a deforked Original Meade ETX Mak
Canon T1i stock
Various modified or 3d printed DIY enhancements or tweaks
Does a kids sunglass lens count as a fancy filter? Cause I have lots of those :)
StarLord101
Moon Ambassador

Post by StarLord101 »

LXD75 GEM mount used with 90mm Meade Refractor, 102mm Celestron reflector, and a deforked Original Meade ETX Mak
Canon T1i stock
Various modified or 3d printed DIY enhancements or tweaks
Does a kids sunglass lens count as a fancy filter? Cause I have lots of those :)
Lady Fraktor Slovakia
Universal Ambassador

Post by Lady Fraktor »

I have never used anything but the HC to align so I am no help with these functions.

At this point, if you have not done it is start right at point one with only the minimum equipment to try upload.
HC/cable/computer, HC/mount/cable/computer.

If it still does not work, look at Micheal Swanson site for some tips: https://nexstarsite.com if that still does not help, I would try to contact him by email.
He is normally very helpful and was a beta tester for these mounts for years.
I must admit I am scratching my head with this one.
Gabrielle
See Far Sticks: Elita 103/1575, AOM FLT 105/1000, Bresser 127/1200 BV, Nočný stopár 152/1200, Vyrobené doma 70/700, Stellarvue NHNG DX 80/552, TAL RS 100/1000, Vixen SD115s/885
EQ: TAL MT-1, Vixen SXP, SXP2, AXJ, AXD
Az/Alt: AYO Digi II, Stellarvue M2C, Argo Navis encoders on both
Tripods: Berlebach Planet (2), Uni 28 Astro, Report 372, TAL factory maple, Vixen ASG-CB90, Vixen AXD-TR102
Diagonals: Astro-Physics, Baader Amici, Baader Herschel, iStar Blue, Stellarvue DX, Tak prism, TAL, Vixen
Eyepieces: Antares to Zeiss (1011110)
The only culture I have is from yogurt
turboscrew
Inter-Galactic Ambassador

TSS Awards Badges

Post by turboscrew »

Maybe his is of help?
https://www.nexstarsite.com/PCControl/P ... exStar.htm
I understand that the serial port is "real" PC RS-232 (not quite the original RS-232, but PC-version of it: +/- 12V max).
The AUX-port is probably TTL-level RS-232 (3.3V cable might work, if you leave the +V disconnected).

The communication protocol might be NexStar protocol.
https://s3.amazonaws.com/celestron-site ... mmprot.pdf

Maybe you could use that to check if the communication works in the first place.

Also, the CPWI might be worth digging deeper?
https://celestron-site-support-files.s3 ... _Final.pdf
- Juha

Senior Embedded SW Designer
Telescope: OrionOptics XV12, Mount: CEM120, Tri-pier 360 and alternative dobson mount.
Grab 'n go: Omegon AC 102/660 on AZ-3 mount
Eyepieces: 26 mm Omegon SWAN 70°, 15 mm TV Plössl, 12.5 mm Baader Morpheus, 10 mm TV Delos, 6 mm Baader Classic Ortho, 5 mm TV DeLite, 4 mm and 3 mm TV Radians
Cameras: ZWO ASI 294MM Pro, Omegon veLOX 178C
OAG: TS-Optics TSOAG09, ZWO EFW 7 x 36 mm, ZWO filter sets: LRGB and Ha/OIII/SII
Explore Scientific HR 2" coma corrector, Meade x3 1.25" Barlow, TV PowerMate 4x 2"
Some filters (#80A, ND-96, ND-09, Astronomik UHC)
Laptop: Acer Enduro Urban N3 semi-rugged, Windows 11
LAT 61° 28' 10.9" N, Bortle 5

I don't suffer from insanity. I'm enjoying every minute of it.