iOptron Az Mount Pro

Discuss iOptron mounts.
Mike Q United States of America
Jupiter Ambassador
Articles: 0

TSS Awards Badges

Re: iOptron Az Mount Pro

Post by Mike Q »

I am running this mount, it is a good mount and the idea behind it is great. In practice well, it kinda works. The GPS alignment gets it kinda of close. The object is usually inside a 2 inch 26mm 70 degee eyepiece. I guess that is ok. I have not done the 2 or 3 star alignment yet but i will eventually i am sure.
Orion Skyline 10 Inch
Orion XX16G
Stellina
AT102EDL
Jupiter Ambassador

TSS Awards Badges

Post by Mike Q »

I was finally able to really give this mount a workout. I locked the AT 102 EDL into place, slapped the solar filter into place and it did its magic and found the sun. I set the tracking for solar and let it go. The tracking worked perfect. Since darkness would come in an hour or so i sent it off looking for Jupiter, pulled the filter off and walked away. I came back in 30 minutes when it was dark and Jupiter was in the FOV of a 14/82 ES eyepiece. I switched to the moon and it found it no problem. Went back to Jupiter and then to the Orion Nebula. Everything landed in the eyepiece. It is definitely important to be very level. The closer to level you are the better you will be. I did have to improvise a tool to get the clutch to tighten up enough but it only takes just a bit extra and then its good. All in all its a pretty good mount
Attachments
IMG-20240121-WA0017.jpeg
IMG-20240121-WA0013.jpeg
Orion Skyline 10 Inch
Orion XX16G
Stellina
AT102EDL
Jupiter Ambassador

TSS Awards Badges

Post by Mike Q »

Man after reading all this i will consider myself lucky. I bought my mount fairly recently and it seems to be working well, but i only have had it out a few times for three or four hours so far. I am keeping my fingers crossed after reading thru all of this.
Orion Skyline 10 Inch
Orion XX16G
Stellina
AT102EDL