My Debut Novel

This is our area for Vendors. If you are a vendor and wish to promote your products please feel free to do so.
Forum rules
Please feel free to post any new products, discounts, or special announcements!
Also you may post in the open forums to answer specific questions about your products. The only thing we ask is to not downgrade another vendors products.
Baurice
Vendor
Vendor
Articles: 0

TSS Awards Badges

TSS Photo of the Day

My Debut Novel

Post by Baurice »

The Quantum God is available to buy on Kindle:
https://www.amazon.c...tal-text&sr=1-1
The Quantum God is the story of a man's attempt to make sense of the world and universe around him. Being neurodivergent he is blessed with the skills to help him in his quest but some deficiencies that make it harder. A former teacher describes him as a big, powerful bird who is carrying a heavy weight and sometimes his wings overcome the weight and at other times the weight dominates the wings.
He makes a major life decision at the age of 19 that has consequences that are far-reaching. A major theme of the Quantum God is how a minor change can completely change not just the life of a single person but the whole of humanity. This is known by some people as the "butterfly" effect. That particular theme is based on the concept of my own life where I made the opposite decision that Paul did and I speculate on what might have happened if I had chosen otherwise.
Paul's life, even after this major event has many parallels to my own. Like me, Paul is a writer. Like me, he is also very curious about how the universe works and it is a major life goal for him to "crack it". By a stroke of luck (or is it merely a random factor that has a fortunate outcome?), Paul has help from a paranormal source, unlike myself.
Naturally, luck, karma and the possible influence of some sort of god are major themes. Paul's concept of the Quantum God is a god who is everywhere and everywhen and operates at the minute sub-atomic level. He also questions the difference between people who are merely biologically human and those who are human in a spiritual sense.
Paul is made aware how different possible futures appear and makes major life decisions to pursue the paths he needs to follow. He discovers that he plays a very small but vital role in a project that ultimately saves the human race, but for how much longer?
Parental Guidance: This book contains sexual content and bad language. I would not recommend it to anyone under the legal age of consent for wherever you live.
Lady Fraktor Slovakia
Co-Administrator
Co-Administrator

Re: My Debut Novel

Post by Lady Fraktor »

Congratulations, I hope it does well.
See Far Sticks: Antares Elita 103/1575, AOM FLT 105/1000, Bresser BV 127/1200, Nočný stopár 152/1200, Vyrobené doma 70/700, Stellarvue NHNG DX 80/552, TAL RS100/1000, Vixen SD115s/885
EQ: TAL MT-1, Vixen SXP, AXJ, AXD
Az/Alt: AYO Digi II/ Argo Navis, Stellarvue M2C/ Argo Navis
Tripods: Berlebach Planet (2), Uni 28 Astro, Report 372, TAL factory maple, Vixen ASG-CB90, Vixen AXD-TR102
Diagonals: Astro-Physics, Baader Amici, Baader Herschel, iStar Blue, Stellarvue DX, Takahashi prism, TAL, Vixen flip mirror
Eyepieces: Antares to Zeiss
The only culture I have is from yogurt
My day was going well until... people
Buckethead 2.0
Milky Way Ambassador

Post by Buckethead 2.0 »

Yes, Baurice, congratulations on the novel and I also hope it does very well.
~Eric
Binos: Bushnell Falcon 10x50
Buckethead 2.0
Milky Way Ambassador

Post by Buckethead 2.0 »

Baurice, I copied and pasted the link into Google, and I cant find it. I also opened my Amazon app and searched by the title, and it isn't there either.

Could you take a look at that link? I would like to check it out.
~Eric
Graeme1858 Great Britain
Co-Administrator
Co-Administrator
Articles: 1

TSS Awards Badges

TSS Photo of the Day

I Broke The Forum.

Post by Graeme1858 »

Buckethead 2.0 wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 9:18 pm Baurice, I copied and pasted the link into Google, and I cant find it. I also opened my Amazon app and searched by the title, and it isn't there either.

Try this link Eric:

Regards

Graeme
APM 11x70 ED APO Binoculars.

https://www.averywayobservatory.co.uk/
Buckethead 2.0
Milky Way Ambassador

Post by Buckethead 2.0 »

Graeme1858 wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 5:54 pm
Buckethead 2.0 wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 9:18 pm Baurice, I copied and pasted the link into Google, and I cant find it. I also opened my Amazon app and searched by the title, and it isn't there either.

Try this link Eric:

Regards

Graeme
Thanks, Graeme :D
~Eric
Greenman Great Britain
Local Group Ambassador

TSS Awards Badges

TSS Photo of the Day

Post by Greenman »

Hey, good luck, I dabble as a writer too, under a pseudonym as my stories are over 18 only - just self-published. Writing is fun, but it is hard taskmaster. Well done on getting it on to Kindle!
Cheers,

Tony.

Smart Scope: Dwarf II - Club and outreach work.

AP Refractor: Altair 72EDF Deluxe F6;1x & 0.8 Flatteners; Antares Versascope 60mm finder. ASIAir Pro.Li battery pack for grab & go.

Celestron AVX Mount; X-cel LX eyepieces & Barlows 2x 3x, ZWO 2” Filter holder,

Cameras: main DSO ASI533MC; DSO guide ASI120MM; Planetary ASI224MC; DSLR Canon EOS100 stock.

Filters: Astronomik IR cut; Optolong L-Pro; Optolong L-Enhance.

Binoculars: Celestron 15 x 70.

Latitude: 52.219853
Longitude: -1.034471
Accuracy: 5 m
Bortle 4 site. https://maps.google.com/?q=52.21985,-1.03447

helicon United States of America
Co-Administrator
Co-Administrator
Articles: 584

TSS Awards Badges

Post by helicon »

Good luck on selling your book. I just checked it out on Amazon. I used to write sci-fi short stories back in my youth and send them off to the magazines. Usually I'd get the manuscript back with a rejection slip. So yeah, you have to hang in there as a writer.
-Michael
Refractors: ES AR152 f/6.5 Achromat on Twilight II, Celestron 102mm XLT f/9.8 on Celestron Heavy Duty Alt Az mount, KOWA 90mm spotting scope
Binoculars: Celestron SkyMaster 15x70, Bushnell 10x50
Eyepieces: Various, GSO Superview, 9mm Plossl, Celestron 25mm Plossl
Camera: ZWO ASI 120
Naked Eye: Two Eyeballs
Latitude: 48.7229° N
Baurice
Vendor
Vendor

TSS Awards Badges

TSS Photo of the Day

Post by Baurice »

Greenman wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 8:14 pm Hey, good luck, I dabble as a writer too, under a pseudonym as my stories are over 18 only - just self-published. Writing is fun, but it is hard taskmaster. Well done on getting it on to Kindle!
You could post a link here.

As you know, my usual genre is #astronomy.
Baurice
Vendor
Vendor

TSS Awards Badges

TSS Photo of the Day

Post by Baurice »

helicon wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 6:27 pm Good luck on selling your book. I just checked it out on Amazon. I used to write sci-fi short stories back in my youth and send them off to the magazines. Usually I'd get the manuscript back with a rejection slip. So yeah, you have to hang in there as a writer.
Now we can self-publish using Amazon, have you thought about going there? Rejections do not necessarily imply that a book is bad.

If you like, I can read them and provide feedback.
helicon United States of America
Co-Administrator
Co-Administrator
Articles: 584

TSS Awards Badges

Post by helicon »

I have thought of it . About the most literate thing I have done since was serve as a Contributing editor at Electronic Commerce World a journal which is now defunct. I had a monthly column there. But if I get the urge to write the Great American Novel I realize I could self publish. In the old days I was just sending stuff into the slush pile, so limited chances.
-Michael
Refractors: ES AR152 f/6.5 Achromat on Twilight II, Celestron 102mm XLT f/9.8 on Celestron Heavy Duty Alt Az mount, KOWA 90mm spotting scope
Binoculars: Celestron SkyMaster 15x70, Bushnell 10x50
Eyepieces: Various, GSO Superview, 9mm Plossl, Celestron 25mm Plossl
Camera: ZWO ASI 120
Naked Eye: Two Eyeballs
Latitude: 48.7229° N
Buckethead 2.0
Milky Way Ambassador

Post by Buckethead 2.0 »

helicon wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 12:10 am I have thought of it . About the most literate thing I have done since was serve as a Contributing editor at Electronic Commerce World a journal which is now defunct. I had a monthly column there. But if I get the urge to write the Great American Novel I realize I could self publish. In the old days I was just sending stuff into the slush pile, so limited chances.
I had similar experiences in the music publishing world. One producer in California ( the other nine we sent the tape to had no interest) said he liked our stuff, but wanted us to sound more like Pearl Jam or Nirvana (the two huge bands at the time). Now, people publish their own music quite often. With good reason I might add.
~Eric
Gordks
Earth Ambassador

Post by Gordks »

Downloaded the Kindle sample. Got about 20% into it and could not wait any longer. Liked it, bought it.

Regards,
Gord