Is there a way to 'like' a post?

If you find a problem or you just want to tell us how great this forum is, post it here!!!
(We do listen!)
frant Great Britain
Moon Ambassador
Articles: 0

TSS Photo of the Day

Is there a way to 'like' a post?

Post by frant »

Or are 'Thanks' the only way to respond, other than replying?
I've searched the feedback and misc subforums and the UI but not found a similar mechanism.

In the past I've tended to "thank" posters who have commented on say an image I've posted, or who have provided useful information in a post. Often though there are funny replies or general banter amongst the posters on a thread - not necessarily directed to me or not only on my threads - for which a 'thanks' doesn't feel the right response and a 'like' is more natural to me.

Not a showstopper by any means, I'm just settling into my new astro home on the 'net :)

I'm enjoying the new forum, thanks for all the efforts to create a place for us to feel at home.
Richard
OTA: Altair Astro Wave Series 115mm APO, Altair 70EDT-F 70mm APO, Altair Astro 8" RC (CF). Mount: CEM60.Sensor: Atik 383L+ Mono CCD, Altair Hypercam 1600M ProTEC. Guiding: Lodestar x2 and SX OAG. Reducers/Flatteners: Planostar 3" 0.79x and 3" 1.0x, AP CCDT67 0.76x, Altair 0.85x, SW 0.85x. Filters: 2x Baader 36mm NB and LRGB, SX Filter Wheel, ZWO EFW. Software: SGP, Stellarium, PHD2, PixInsight. Roll off roof Obsy and a bad case of imaging addiction.
JayTee United States of America
Universal Ambassador
Articles: 2

TSS Awards Badges

TSS Photo of the Day

Re: Is there a way to 'like' a post?

Post by JayTee »

Hi Richard,

In answer to your question, not at the moment. We are researching the mods and extensions for this forum software to see if this can be done without crashing down the whole house of cards in the process. For now, the "thank you" button is all we have but we will let you know as soon as we have something else in place and working.

Cheers,
JT
∞ Primary Scopes: #1: Celestron CPC1100 #2: 8" f/7.5 Dob #3: CR150HD f/8 6" frac
∞ AP Scopes: #1: TPO 6" f/9 RC #2: ES 102 f/7 APO #3: ES 80mm f/6 APO
∞ G&G Scopes: #1: Meade 102mm f/7.8 #2: Bresser 102mm f/4.5
∞ Guide Scopes: 70 & 80mm fracs -- The El Cheapo Bros.
∞ Mounts: iOptron CEM70AG, SW EQ6R, Celestron AVX, SLT & GT (Alt-Az), Meade DS2000
∞ Cameras: #1: ZWO ASI294MC Pro #2: 662MC #3: 120MC, Canon T3i, Orion SSAG, WYZE Cam3
∞ Binos: 10X50,11X70,15X70, 25X100 ∞ AP Gear: ZWO EAF and mini EFW and the Optolong L-eXteme filter
∞ EPs: ES 2": 21mm 100° & 30mm 82° Pentax XW: 7, 10, 14, & 20mm 70°

Searching the skies since 1966. "I never met a scope I didn't want to keep."

frant Great Britain
Moon Ambassador

TSS Photo of the Day

Post by frant »

JayTee wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 10:59 am Hi Richard,

In answer to your question, not at the moment. We are researching the mods and extensions for this forum software to see if this can be done without crashing down the whole house of cards in the process. For now, the "thank you" button is all we have but we will let you know as soon as we have something else in place and working.

Cheers,
JT
I like this post too :lol:
Great to have a team 'able' to improve the forum, in addition to wanting to.
Richard
OTA: Altair Astro Wave Series 115mm APO, Altair 70EDT-F 70mm APO, Altair Astro 8" RC (CF). Mount: CEM60.Sensor: Atik 383L+ Mono CCD, Altair Hypercam 1600M ProTEC. Guiding: Lodestar x2 and SX OAG. Reducers/Flatteners: Planostar 3" 0.79x and 3" 1.0x, AP CCDT67 0.76x, Altair 0.85x, SW 0.85x. Filters: 2x Baader 36mm NB and LRGB, SX Filter Wheel, ZWO EFW. Software: SGP, Stellarium, PHD2, PixInsight. Roll off roof Obsy and a bad case of imaging addiction.
SpyderwerX
Jupiter Ambassador

Post by SpyderwerX »

I do wish the selection buttons were at the bottom of the post instead. Sometimes after reading a lengthy, or image included thread, you have to scroll back upward just to tap the thumb. Yea, I'm getting lazy. :D
~Frankie~ My mind: Always on...Slightly off. :?
Celestron CPC1100 SCT....Celestron Evolution 8 SCT...TeleVue-85 apo...SkyWatcher ST150 achro..ST102 achro..ST80 achro.
Celestron AVX...Orion Atlas EQ-G...SkyTee-2...Twilight-1.
Baader BBHS prism and mirror diagonals + Vernonscope quartz 1.25"
EPs: TeleVue oldie (NJ) & modern Plossls, Widefields, and Naglers + 3-6 zoom & Brandons 6-32.
Astronomik, Lumicon & Baader filters..
helicon United States of America
Co-Administrator
Co-Administrator
Articles: 595

TSS Awards Badges

Post by helicon »

Expect some future enhancements in the forum as it grows. Each of these have to be tested out in the sandbox on the test site before implementation. The good news is that we have a solid and very functional forum at this time.
-Michael
Refractors: ES AR152 f/6.5 Achromat on Twilight II, Celestron 102mm XLT f/9.8 on Celestron Heavy Duty Alt Az mount, KOWA 90mm spotting scope
Binoculars: Celestron SkyMaster 15x70, Bushnell 10x50
Eyepieces: Various, GSO Superview, 9mm Plossl, Celestron 25mm Plossl
Camera: ZWO ASI 120
Naked Eye: Two Eyeballs
Latitude: 48.7229° N
JimMinCT United States of America
Saturn Ambassador

TSS Awards Badges

TSS Photo of the Day

Post by JimMinCT »

SpyderwerX wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 11:54 am I do wish the selection buttons were at the bottom of the post instead. Sometimes after reading a lengthy, or image included thread, you have to scroll back upward just to tap the thumb. Yea, I'm getting lazy. :D
If you look to the right of every post, there's a small arrow... Click it and you're back to the top of the page. :D
OTA's: Kson 1026-C, 4" Carbon Fiber ED Refractor, Home-built, 6.1", f/2.? APO refractor... (In Progress) 8" Meade LX2 SCT Mounts: CGX Imaging: ZWO ASI 1600MM, Canon 550D (T2i) Software: PixInsight, APT, PHD2, SharpCap, SGP, Stellarium, Registax, Stuff: Astro-Tech 0.8x FR/FF, Hotech SCA FF, ZWO 7nm 31mm LRGB-SHO filter set, ZWO 8 position EFWObsy: "Maybe Spaceship" Observatory
SpyderwerX
Jupiter Ambassador

Post by SpyderwerX »

JimMinCT wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 2:34 pm
SpyderwerX wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 11:54 am I do wish the selection buttons were at the bottom of the post instead. Sometimes after reading a lengthy, or image included thread, you have to scroll back upward just to tap the thumb. Yea, I'm getting lazy. :D
If you look to the right of every post, there's a small arrow... Click it and you're back to the top of the page. :D
The top of the page, but not to the top of that particular post. :D I'm just being nitpicky. :lol:
~Frankie~ My mind: Always on...Slightly off. :?
Celestron CPC1100 SCT....Celestron Evolution 8 SCT...TeleVue-85 apo...SkyWatcher ST150 achro..ST102 achro..ST80 achro.
Celestron AVX...Orion Atlas EQ-G...SkyTee-2...Twilight-1.
Baader BBHS prism and mirror diagonals + Vernonscope quartz 1.25"
EPs: TeleVue oldie (NJ) & modern Plossls, Widefields, and Naglers + 3-6 zoom & Brandons 6-32.
Astronomik, Lumicon & Baader filters..
Gordon United States of America
Site Admin
Site Admin
Articles: 1048

TSS Awards Badges

TSS Photo of the Day

I Broke The Forum.

TSS EAA Messier awards

Post by Gordon »

Since phpBB software is new to all of us, we are trying to find things that make it easier to work with, faster to find things and easier to read. Unfortunately, as with all software, there are things we really like and some, not so much. However phpBB is a bit different in that it's constantly being improved by people that understand what users are looking for.

That's why we want input. Not that we can fix everything but many times by spending some time we find the little 'hidden' things that will fix problems. We have a process in place to test each new addition BEFORE we run it live here. Hopefully this will make sure we don't crash the live forum. So far things have been working well. Things are getting fixed and improvements are coming on board when we discover them.

For what it's worth, I don't like 'work-a-rounds' but unfortunately from time to time that is the only solution we have for the moment.

Again! Thanks for all of your comments and suggestions!!!
Gordon
Scopes: Explore Scientific ED80CF, Skywatcher 200 Quattro Imaging Newt, SeeStar S50 for EAA.
Mounts: Orion Atlas EQ-g mount & Skywatcher EQ5 Pro.
ZWO mini guider.
Image cameras: ZWO ASI1600 MM Cool, ZWO ASI533mc-Pro, ZWO ASI174mm-C (for use with my Quark chromosphere), ZWO ASI120MC
Filters: LRGB, Ha 7nm, O-III 7nm, S-II 7nm
Eyepieces: a few.
Primary software: Cartes du Ciel, N.I.N.A, StarTools V1.4.

frant Great Britain
Moon Ambassador

TSS Photo of the Day

Post by frant »

frant wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 11:17 am Great to have a team 'able' to improve the forum, in addition to wanting to.
On a reread of my post, the quotes on 'able' might have come across as a negative comment on abilities of the mod team to make improvements. Sorry if it read that way, that absolutely wasn't the intention, it was meant to be a nod to the inability to improve "the other place" due to the absentee admin.

Having a test server makes a lot of sense, and having a process and taking time to get things right is definitely the right course.
Richard
Gordon United States of America
Site Admin
Site Admin
Articles: 1048

TSS Awards Badges

TSS Photo of the Day

I Broke The Forum.

TSS EAA Messier awards

Post by Gordon »

We didn't read it that way! Most of the team here is painfully aware of what it's like to try to run an "unattended" forum.

We are always looking for input to make this the place to be.
Gordon
Scopes: Explore Scientific ED80CF, Skywatcher 200 Quattro Imaging Newt, SeeStar S50 for EAA.
Mounts: Orion Atlas EQ-g mount & Skywatcher EQ5 Pro.
ZWO mini guider.
Image cameras: ZWO ASI1600 MM Cool, ZWO ASI533mc-Pro, ZWO ASI174mm-C (for use with my Quark chromosphere), ZWO ASI120MC
Filters: LRGB, Ha 7nm, O-III 7nm, S-II 7nm
Eyepieces: a few.
Primary software: Cartes du Ciel, N.I.N.A, StarTools V1.4.