Can't log in on Chrome on Android

If you find a problem or you just want to tell us how great this forum is, post it here!!!
(We do listen!)
SkyHiker United States of America
Local Group Ambassador
Articles: 0

TSS Awards Badges

TSS Photo of the Day

Can't log in on Chrome on Android

Post by SkyHiker »

After spending almost an hour on trying to clear the cache (which I think has worked by now), I still can't log in to TSS. Does anybody else know how to do this? My system is Galaxy Tab A 2016 Android 8.1.0
... Henk. :D Telescopes: GSO 12" Astrograph, "Comet Hunter" MN152, ES ED127CF, ES ED80, WO Redcat51, Z12, AT6RC, Celestron Skymaster 20x80, Mounts and tripod: Losmandy G11S with OnStep, AVX, Tiltall, Cameras: ASI2600MC, ASI2600MM, ASI120 mini, Fuji X-a1, Canon XSi, T6, ELPH 100HS, DIY: OnStep controller, Pi4b/power rig, Afocal adapter, Foldable Dob base, Az/Alt Dob setting circles, Accessories: ZWO 36 mm filter wheel, TV Paracorr 2, Baader MPCC Mk III, ES FF, SSAG, QHY OAG-M, EAF electronic focuser, Plossls, Barlows, Telrad, Laser collimators (Seben LK1, Z12, Howie Glatter), Cheshire, 2 Orion RACIs 8x50, Software: KStars-Ekos, DSS, PHD2, Nebulosity, Photo Gallery, Gimp, CHDK, Computers:Pi4b, 2x running KStars/Ekos, Toshiba Satellite 17", Website:Henk's astro images
Micke187 Sweden
Jupiter Ambassador

TSS Photo of the Day

Re: Can't log in on Chrome on Android

Post by Micke187 »

Try delete all the cookies that the website use and it will work. It worked for me :)
TS-optics photoline 115mm triplet + 1.0x flattener
Guiding: qhy5lll APM 50mm guidescope
Main camera: ASI1600MM pro +Starlight xpress filterwheel (Ha,OIII, SII ,LRGB baader filter)
Mount: heq5 Rowan mod
Zwo EAF focuser
Programs: APT, DSS, PIxinsight, Nebulosity3, Phd2, CDC Eqmod
Micke187 Sweden
Jupiter Ambassador

TSS Photo of the Day

Post by Micke187 »

Here is the instructions gordon sent to me:

Delete specific cookies
Delete cookies from a site

On your computer, open Chrome.
At the top right, click More More and then Settings.
At the bottom, click Advanced.
Under "Privacy and security," click Site settings.
Click Cookies and then See all cookies and site data.
At the top right, search for the website's name.
To the right of the site, click Remove Remove.
Main camera: ASI1600MM pro +Starlight xpress filterwheel (Ha,OIII, SII ,LRGB baader filter)
Zwo EAF focuser
Local Group Ambassador

TSS Awards Badges

TSS Photo of the Day

Post by SkyHiker »

Micke187 wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 1:53 pm Here is the instructions gordon sent to me:

Delete specific cookies

I don't see that, you must be referring to Chrome on Windows. My question was about Android. I did the equivalent of what you describe on Android but it does not work.
... Henk. :D Telescopes: GSO 12" Astrograph, "Comet Hunter" MN152, ES ED127CF, ES ED80, WO Redcat51, Z12, AT6RC, Celestron Skymaster 20x80, Mounts and tripod: Losmandy G11S with OnStep, AVX, Tiltall, Cameras: ASI2600MC, ASI2600MM, ASI120 mini, Fuji X-a1, Canon XSi, T6, ELPH 100HS, DIY: OnStep controller, Pi4b/power rig, Afocal adapter, Foldable Dob base, Az/Alt Dob setting circles, Accessories: ZWO 36 mm filter wheel, TV Paracorr 2, Baader MPCC Mk III, ES FF, SSAG, QHY OAG-M, EAF electronic focuser, Plossls, Barlows, Telrad, Laser collimators (Seben LK1, Z12, Howie Glatter), Cheshire, 2 Orion RACIs 8x50, Software: KStars-Ekos, DSS, PHD2, Nebulosity, Photo Gallery, Gimp, CHDK, Computers:Pi4b, 2x running KStars/Ekos, Toshiba Satellite 17", Website:Henk's astro images
Micke187 Sweden
Jupiter Ambassador

TSS Photo of the Day

Post by Micke187 »

hmm isnt it the same on android? I hade the same issue on my phone Huawei p30 EMUI and all i did was delete all the cookies in Chrome and after it worked. Did you remove the cookies from the beginning when the account was made?
Zwo EAF focuser
Local Group Ambassador

TSS Awards Badges

TSS Photo of the Day

Post by SkyHiker »

Micke187 wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 3:18 pm hmm isnt it the same on android? I hade the same issue on my phone Huawei p30 EMUI and all i did was delete all the cookies in Chrome and after it worked. Did you remove the cookies from the beginning when the account was made?
I cleared all cookies and the cache, browsing history, etcetera too, if I may believe what I clicked on. By that I mean that the last step is a window that shows me the cookies of all sites including TSS, and a Clear button. When I press that button it takes a while then the window disappears. I am not convinced that that window actually did it, or if it timed out. I restarted my Galaxy and I still can't log in.

I can log in with the Samsung browser just fine, sine I have never used it before.
Micke187 Sweden
Jupiter Ambassador

TSS Photo of the Day

Post by Micke187 »

You might just have only deleted cookies from the last hour. There should be a roll-down window were you can see from the last hour to when the account was made in the cookies settings page on chrome. Try delete the cookies when selecting when the account was made.
Zwo EAF focuser
Local Group Ambassador

TSS Awards Badges

TSS Photo of the Day

Post by SkyHiker »

Micke187 wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 4:46 pm You might just have only deleted cookies from the last hour. There should be a roll-down window were you can see from the last hour to when the account was made in the cookies settings page on chrome. Try delete the cookies when selecting when the account was made.
Thanks for trying to help but your system works different than mine. Like I said I deleted all cookies.

Anyway, I uninstalled Chrome. My only option was to reinstall the factory version. After doing that all my cookies were gone, and I can log in to TSS again.

Android is much more finnicky than Windows when you have to do something special, or not even that special. This was painful.
helicon United States of America
Co-Administrator
Co-Administrator
Articles: 584

TSS Awards Badges

Post by helicon »

I just cleared the specific TSS cookies (17 of them) on Chrome, didn't need to delete cache or other cookies. Took awhile to find TSS (search didn't work for that term). However, I still can't log in on my google phone (android) so that's the next project.
-Michael
Refractors: ES AR152 f/6.5 Achromat on Twilight II, Celestron 102mm XLT f/9.8 on Celestron Heavy Duty Alt Az mount, KOWA 90mm spotting scope
Binoculars: Celestron SkyMaster 15x70, Bushnell 10x50
Eyepieces: Various, GSO Superview, 9mm Plossl, Celestron 25mm Plossl
Camera: ZWO ASI 120
Naked Eye: Two Eyeballs
Latitude: 48.7229° N
GCoyote United States of America
Local Group Ambassador

Post by GCoyote »

Micke187 wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 1:53 pm Here is the instructions gordon sent to me:

Delete specific cookies

Well that did the trick on my PC. Thanks Micke'
Now I have to sort out the tablet. If I figure it out, I'll post a fix for that issue.
Any metaphor will tear if stretched over too much reality.
Gary C

Celestron Astro Master 130mm f5 Newtonian GEM
Meade 114-EQ-DH f7.9 Newtonian w/ manual GEM
Bushnell 90mm f13.9 Catadioptric
Gskyer 80mm f5 Alt/Az refractor
Jason 10x50 Binoculars
Celestron 7x50 Binoculars
Svbony 2.1x42 Binoculars
(And a bunch of stuff I'm still trying to fix or find parts for.)
GCoyote United States of America
Local Group Ambassador

Post by GCoyote »

Chrome for Android
1. Open Chrome
2. Top right menu (three vertical dots)
3. Settings
4. Privacy
5. Clear Browsing Data
Any metaphor will tear if stretched over too much reality.
Gary C

Celestron Astro Master 130mm f5 Newtonian GEM
Meade 114-EQ-DH f7.9 Newtonian w/ manual GEM
Bushnell 90mm f13.9 Catadioptric
Gskyer 80mm f5 Alt/Az refractor
Jason 10x50 Binoculars
Celestron 7x50 Binoculars
Svbony 2.1x42 Binoculars
(And a bunch of stuff I'm still trying to fix or find parts for.)
Local Group Ambassador

TSS Awards Badges

TSS Photo of the Day

Post by SkyHiker »

GCoyote wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 6:38 pm Chrome for Android
1. Open Chrome
2. Top right menu (three vertical dots)
3. Settings
4. Privacy
5. Clear Browsing Data
That's exactly what I did many times - it did not work for me. With the new version of Chrome installed, going through the same steps the screens look different and the response is also different. Maybe something was wrong with the old version.
Gordon United States of America
Site Admin
Site Admin
Articles: 1037

TSS Awards Badges

TSS Photo of the Day

I Broke The Forum.

Post by Gordon »

Sorry for all the problems Henk.

I'm not real conversant in the Android version of Chrome. But I was able to find this which looks a bit different from what GCoyote mentioned. Hope this helps!

In the Chrome app

On your Android phone or tablet, open the Chrome app Chrome.
At the top right, tap More Image
Tap History and then Clear browsing data.
At the top, choose a time range. To delete everything, select All time.
Next to "Cookies and site data" and "Cached images and files," check the boxes.
Tap Clear data.
Gordon
Scopes: Explore Scientific ED80CF, Skywatcher 200 Quattro Imaging Newt, SeeStar S50 for EAA.
Mounts: Orion Atlas EQ-g mount & Skywatcher EQ5 Pro.
ZWO mini guider.
Image cameras: ZWO ASI1600 MM Cool, ZWO ASI533mc-Pro, ZWO ASI174mm-C (for use with my Quark chromosphere), ZWO ASI120MC
Filters: LRGB, Ha 7nm, O-III 7nm, S-II 7nm
Eyepieces: a few.
Primary software: Cartes du Ciel, N.I.N.A, StarTools V1.4.