Why do I keep having to sign in?

If you find a problem or you just want to tell us how great this forum is, post it here!!!
(We do listen!)
STEVE333 United States of America
Inter-Galactic Ambassador
Articles: 0

TSS Awards Badges

TSS Photo of the Day

Why do I keep having to sign in?

Post by STEVE333 »

Recently (last few days) I keep getting signed-out of the forum. Yesterday I had to sign-in probably 20 times or maybe more. While in the middle of responding to some comments on one of my posts, I would get signed-out. I would sign-in, start to answer a response, and get signed-out again. This happened over and over.

I always check the Remember Me box.

Any ideas?

Steve
Steve King: Light Pollution (Bortle 5)
Telescope + Mount + Guiding: W.O. Star71-ii + iOptron CEM40 EC + Orion Magnificent Mini AutoGuider
Camera: ASI 1600MM Pro + EFW Filter Wheel + Chroma 3nm Siii, Ha, Oiii + ZWO LRGB Filters
Software: PHD2; APT; PixInsight ***** My AP website: www.steveking.pictures
Gordon United States of America
Site Admin
Site Admin
Articles: 1037

TSS Awards Badges

TSS Photo of the Day

I Broke The Forum.

Re: Why do I keep having to sign in?

Post by Gordon »

STEVE333 wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 2:19 am Recently (last few days) I keep getting signed-out of the forum. Yesterday I had to sign-in probably 20 times or maybe more. While in the middle of responding to some comments on one of my posts, I would get signed-out. I would sign-in, start to answer a response, and get signed-out again. This happened over and over.

Any ideas?

Steve

Hi Steve
It could be a number of things. First off, which browser are you using?
Gordon
Scopes: Explore Scientific ED80CF, Skywatcher 200 Quattro Imaging Newt, SeeStar S50 for EAA.
Mounts: Orion Atlas EQ-g mount & Skywatcher EQ5 Pro.
ZWO mini guider.
Image cameras: ZWO ASI1600 MM Cool, ZWO ASI533mc-Pro, ZWO ASI174mm-C (for use with my Quark chromosphere), ZWO ASI120MC
Filters: LRGB, Ha 7nm, O-III 7nm, S-II 7nm
Eyepieces: a few.
Primary software: Cartes du Ciel, N.I.N.A, StarTools V1.4.

TSS Awards Badges

TSS Photo of the Day

Post by STEVE333 »

Gordon wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 3:14 am
STEVE333 wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 2:19 am Recently (last few days) I keep getting signed-out of the forum. Yesterday I had to sign-in probably 20 times or maybe more. While in the middle of responding to some comments on one of my posts, I would get signed-out. I would sign-in, start to answer a response, and get signed-out again. This happened over and over.

Any ideas?

Steve

Hi Steve
It could be a number of things. First off, which browser are you using?

Google Chrome
Telescope + Mount + Guiding: W.O. Star71-ii + iOptron CEM40 EC + Orion Magnificent Mini AutoGuider
Camera: ASI 1600MM Pro + EFW Filter Wheel + Chroma 3nm Siii, Ha, Oiii + ZWO LRGB Filters
yobbo89 Australia

TSS Photo of the Day

Post by yobbo89 »

I get the same thing, I'm signed in on 3 devices and it's simply not enough, I need more TSS!
scopes :gso/bintel f4 12"truss tube, bresser messier ar127s /skywatcher 10'' dob,meade 12'' f10 lx200 sct
cameras : asi 1600mm-c/asi1600mm-c,asi120mc,prostar lp guidecam, nikkon d60, sony a7,asi 290 mm
mounts : eq6 pro/eq8/mesu 200 v2
filters : 2'' astronomik lp/badder lrgb h-a,sII,oIII,h-b,Baader Solar Continuum, chroma 3nm ha,sii,oiii,nii,rgb,lowglow,uv/ir,Thousand Oaks Solar Filter,1.25'' #47 violet,pro planet 742 ir,pro planet 807 ir,pro planet 642 bp ir.
extras : skywatcher f4 aplanatic cc, Baader MPCC MKIII Coma Corrector,Orion Field Flattener,zwo 1.25''adc.starlight maxi 2" 9x filter wheel,tele vue 2x barlow .

JayTee United States of America
Universal Ambassador
Articles: 2

TSS Awards Badges

TSS Photo of the Day

Post by JayTee »

STEVE333 wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 2:19 am Recently (last few days) I keep getting signed-out of the forum. Yesterday I had to sign-in probably 20 times or maybe more. While in the middle of responding to some comments on one of my posts, I would get signed out. I would sign-in, start to answer a response, and get signed-out again. This happened over and over.

Any ideas?

Steve
Sorry this is happening to you Steve. You are not the only one. Our co-administrator Lady Fractor (Gabrielle) has the very same problem, plus I do believe there are other less often posters experiencing this. Give [mention]Gordon[/mention] a bit of time to sort this perplexing problem out because we can't find anything glaringly wrong!

Cheers,
JT
∞ Primary Scopes: #1: Celestron CPC1100 #2: 8" f/7.5 Dob #3: CR150HD f/8 6" frac
∞ AP Scopes: #1: TPO 6" f/9 RC #2: ES 102 f/7 APO #3: ES 80mm f/6 APO
∞ G&G Scopes: #1: Meade 102mm f/7.8 #2: Bresser 102mm f/4.5
∞ Guide Scopes: 70 & 80mm fracs -- The El Cheapo Bros.
∞ Mounts: iOptron CEM70AG, SW EQ6, Celestron AVX, SLT & GT (Alt-Az), Meade DS2000
∞ Cameras: #1: ZWO ASI294MC Pro #2: 662MC #3: 120MC, Canon T3i, Orion SSAG, WYZE Cam3
∞ Binos: 10X50,11X70,15X70, 25X100
∞ EPs: ES 2": 21mm 100° & 30mm 82° Pentax XW: 7, 10, 14, & 20mm 70°

Searching the skies since 1966. "I never met a scope I didn't want to keep."

TSS Awards Badges

TSS Photo of the Day

Post by STEVE333 »

JayTee wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 3:48 am
STEVE333 wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 2:19 am Recently (last few days) I keep getting signed-out of the forum. Yesterday I had to sign-in probably 20 times or maybe more. While in the middle of responding to some comments on one of my posts, I would get signed out. I would sign-in, start to answer a response, and get signed-out again. This happened over and over.

Any ideas?

Steve
Sorry this is happening to you Steve. You are not the only one. Our co-administrator Lady Fractor (Gabrielle) has the very same problem, plus I do believe there are other less often posters experiencing this. Give Gordon a bit of time to sort this perplexing problem out because we can't find anything glaringly wrong!

Cheers,
JT

Thanks for the update JT. Nice to know it is being looked into. Certainly not catastrophic, but, a pain nonetheless.

Cheers,
Steve
Lady Fraktor Slovakia
Co-Administrator
Co-Administrator

Post by Lady Fraktor »

Any ideas?

Steve

I get kicked out so often that I now copy any replies before submitting as I will probably have to sign in and then I can just paste the reply ;)
I hope your issue gets straightened out soon though.
See Far Sticks: Antares Elita 103/1575, AOM FLT 105/1000, Bresser BV 127/1200, Nočný stopár 152/1200, Vyrobené doma 70/700, Stellarvue NHNG DX 80/552, TAL RS100/1000, Vixen SD115s/885
EQ: TAL MT-1, Vixen SXP, AXJ, AXD
Az/Alt: AYO Digi II/ Argo Navis, Stellarvue M2C/ Argo Navis
Tripods: Berlebach Planet (2), Uni 28 Astro, Report 372, TAL factory maple, Vixen ASG-CB90, Vixen AXD-TR102
Diagonals: Astro-Physics, Baader Amici, Baader Herschel, iStar Blue, Stellarvue DX, Takahashi prism, TAL, Vixen flip mirror
Eyepieces: Antares to Zeiss
The only culture I have is from yogurt
My day was going well until... people

TSS Awards Badges

TSS Photo of the Day

Post by STEVE333 »

Lady Fraktor wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 4:57 am
I get kicked out so often that I now copy any replies before submitting as I will probably have to sign in and then I can just paste the reply ;)

Great minds think alike! I do that too! Saves a lot of time.

Thanks anyway for sharing the idea. Hopefully Gordon will find a fix that works for all of us.

I have to admit I was very concerned when making a recent tutorial. I ended up periodically copying the "work to date" and pasting it into Word just in case I got kicked out and would have lost everything. Fortunately I made it through to the end without getting booted off.

PS: I like your latest Avatar :clap:

Steve
kt4hx United States of America
Articles: 4

TSS Awards Badges

Post by kt4hx »

Interesting. I never get kicked out. I use Firefox, which may or may not have a thing to do with it.
Alan

Scopes: Astro Sky 17.5 f/4.5 Dob || Apertura AD12 f/5 Dob || Zhumell Z10 f/4.9 Dob ||
ES AR127 f/6.5 || ES ED80 f/6 || Apertura 6" f/5 Newtonian
Mounts: ES Twilight-II and Twilight-I
EPs: AT 82° 28mm UWA || TV Ethos 100° 21mm and 13mm || Vixen LVW 65° 22mm ||
ES 82° 18mm || Pentax XW 70° 10mm, 7mm and 5mm || barlows
Filters (2 inch): DGM NPB || Orion Ultra Block, O-III and Sky Glow || Baader HaB
Primary Field Atlases: Uranometria All-Sky Edition and Interstellarum Deep Sky Atlas
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Astronomers, we look into the past to see our future." (me)
"Seeing is in some respect an art, which must be learnt." (William Herschel)
"What we know is a drop, what we don't know is an ocean." (Sir Isaac Newton)
"No good deed goes unpunished." (various)
Some people without brains do an awful lot of talking, don't you think?” (Scarecrow, The Wonderful Wizard of Oz)
yobbo89 Australia

TSS Photo of the Day

Post by yobbo89 »

Any ideas?

Steve

I often have to back load the previous page if something happens, usually the info I filled out in reply usually stays there.
scopes :gso/bintel f4 12"truss tube, bresser messier ar127s /skywatcher 10'' dob,meade 12'' f10 lx200 sct
cameras : asi 1600mm-c/asi1600mm-c,asi120mc,prostar lp guidecam, nikkon d60, sony a7,asi 290 mm
mounts : eq6 pro/eq8/mesu 200 v2
filters : 2'' astronomik lp/badder lrgb h-a,sII,oIII,h-b,Baader Solar Continuum, chroma 3nm ha,sii,oiii,nii,rgb,lowglow,uv/ir,Thousand Oaks Solar Filter,1.25'' #47 violet,pro planet 742 ir,pro planet 807 ir,pro planet 642 bp ir.
extras : skywatcher f4 aplanatic cc, Baader MPCC MKIII Coma Corrector,Orion Field Flattener,zwo 1.25''adc.starlight maxi 2" 9x filter wheel,tele vue 2x barlow .

Site Admin
Site Admin

TSS Awards Badges

TSS Photo of the Day

I Broke The Forum.

Post by Gordon »

I made a small change to the boards 'cookies' let's see if that helps.
Gordon
Scopes: Explore Scientific ED80CF, Skywatcher 200 Quattro Imaging Newt, SeeStar S50 for EAA.
ZWO mini guider.
Image cameras: ZWO ASI1600 MM Cool, ZWO ASI533mc-Pro, ZWO ASI174mm-C (for use with my Quark chromosphere), ZWO ASI120MC

Lady Fraktor Slovakia
Co-Administrator
Co-Administrator

Post by Lady Fraktor »

STEVE333 wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 5:46 am

Great minds think alike! I do that too! Saves a lot of time.

Thanks anyway for sharing the idea. Hopefully Gordon will find a fix that works for all of us.

I have to admit I was very concerned when making a recent tutorial. I ended up periodically copying the "work to date" and pasting it into Word just in case I got kicked out and would have lost everything. Fortunately I made it through to the end without getting booted off.

PS: I like your latest Avatar :clap:

Steve

Anything that will take more than a minute I start using a new document, when ready I just copy and paste.
I had made a very long reply the other day about hypertuning a mount and then just as I clicked the submit icon, realized I had not copied it! :(
All gone.... :lol:

Glad you liked the avatar, some days it is very true :lol:
See Far Sticks: Antares Elita 103/1575, AOM FLT 105/1000, Bresser BV 127/1200, Nočný stopár 152/1200, Vyrobené doma 70/700, Stellarvue NHNG DX 80/552, TAL RS100/1000, Vixen SD115s/885
EQ: TAL MT-1, Vixen SXP, AXJ, AXD
Az/Alt: AYO Digi II/ Argo Navis, Stellarvue M2C/ Argo Navis
Tripods: Berlebach Planet (2), Uni 28 Astro, Report 372, TAL factory maple, Vixen ASG-CB90, Vixen AXD-TR102
Diagonals: Astro-Physics, Baader Amici, Baader Herschel, iStar Blue, Stellarvue DX, Takahashi prism, TAL, Vixen flip mirror
Eyepieces: Antares to Zeiss
The only culture I have is from yogurt
My day was going well until... people
Slabs1960 South Africa
Moon Ambassador

Post by Slabs1960 »

I use the new Microsoft Edge Browser (based on the Chromium Browser, Released yesterday). No problems.

p.s: I am am Alpha tester tester for the browser.
Philip
Scopes: Orion ST80-A, Celestron NexStar 6SE, Celestron 6" Refractor. Celestron Focal Reducer/ Corrector (F6.3)
Mounts: Celestron Advanced VX, Celstron SE Single Fork Mount, Manfrotto Camera Tripod.
Cameras: Canon 1000D, Canon 1100D. Binos: Celestron SkyMaster 15x70.
Makuser United States of America
In Memory
In Memory

TSS Awards Badges

TSS Photo of the Day

Post by Makuser »

Hi all. I went from Netscape to Internet Explorerer. Then when I did a Messier search, I got Hawai'in cruises and wedding gown redirects. Next, I switched to Chrome, but soon some of the photos from forum members wouldn't show up. Then I switched to Firefox and it works on the old AF (believe it or not :lol:) and also here on TSS with no problems.
Marshall
Sky-Watcher 90mm f/13.8 Maksutov-Cassegrain on motorized Multimount
Orion Astroview 120ST f/5 Refractor on EQ3 mount
Celestron Comet Catcher 140mm f/3.64 Schmidt-Newtonian on alt-az mount
Celestron Omni XLT150R f/5 Refractor on CG4 mount with dual axis drives.
Orion 180mm f/15 Maksutov-Cassegrain on CG5-GT Goto mount.
Orion XT12i 12" f/4.9 Dobsonian Intelliscope.
Kamakura 7x35 Binoculars and Celestron SkyMaster 15x70 Binoculars. ZWO ASI 120MC camera.
>)))))*>
stewe

Post by stewe »

I make this post here because my issue might have something to do with the aforementioned problem.

While I have never experienced the problem of repeated sign-off mentioned by STEVE333, today I got signed off (just once) for the first time ever, and I could not get signed in anymore with the browser that I have always been using to access this site (Safari).
Since I made my credentials remembered by the browser, I am sure that it was not me entering them wrong.
Moreover, the forgotten password function did not work, either, it did not accept my e-mail address.

I seriously started to worry that my account has been hacked and the e-mail address was subsequently changed!
But then I could log in with another browser (Chrome).

I would really appreciate if the admins could look into this.
Mac United States of America
Local Group Ambassador

TSS Photo of the Day

Post by Mac »

The same thing happened to me. I haven't had to sign-in in months.

Now my regular browser will not sign me in, I had to use Firefox where I have never signed in.

Repeated attempts in Safari would not let me in with same credentials.
Steve

Scopes : Explore Scientific ED102 Triplet APO - Radian Raptor Triplet APO - Orion 50mm
Mount : AVX EQ | Software : KStars - EKOS - Stellar OS | Cameras : ZWO ASI533MC ASI1600MM ASI120MM-mini
CPU : Mac Studio, iMac - Kstars-Ekos on Raspberry Rpi4/RPi5 | Misc : Thousand Oaks dew controller - DewNot straps - Optolong L-enhance - ZWO EAF
Image Processing : PixInsight - LightRoom - Photoshop - macOS 14 - Windows 11
Site Admin
Site Admin

TSS Awards Badges

TSS Photo of the Day

I Broke The Forum.

Post by Gordon »

If you are having problems try clearing your browser cache. If you need help to do it. let one of the team give you instructions appropriate to your browser.

We have done that for a few others today and it will fix the problem.
Gordon
ZWO mini guider.

515bonner United States of America
Jupiter Ambassador

TSS Awards Badges

Post by 515bonner »

Well, using Firefox today, I was logged out when I checked in. I had it set to remember me.
Using Firefox, I was NOT able to login,with stuff coming up saying invalid username, invalid form, etc.
After half a dozen tries, I just figured board was having problem or was hacked.
I then tried Safari (on my iMac) and using the correct user name and password, got right in, as is evident from this post.
I wonder if it is a new Firefox "security" feature jacking with the sign in features?
Anyway, glad to know I can get back home using Safari!

Rob Robinson
14.5" f/5.3 Starmaster with Sky Commander XP4 | 9.25" Celestron SCT | 8" f/7 Starmaster (only 5 made) with Sky Commander V3
6" f/12 Orion 150mm Mak | 4" f/9 Celestron Refractor (Vixen) | 80mm f4 unbranded refractor
iOptron CEM40 | iOptron Cube Pro
Large Assortment of Nagler and Konig Eyepieces | ZWO ASI290MC & ZWO ASI120MM-s Cameras

Member of the Astronomical Society of Kansas City / Astronomical League
Member of the British Astronomical Association
V.P. of Occultation Services, International Occultation Timing Association
Site Admin
Site Admin

TSS Awards Badges

TSS Photo of the Day

I Broke The Forum.

Post by Gordon »

515bonner wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 10:21 pm Well, using Firefox today, I was logged out when I checked in. I had it set to remember me.
Using Firefox, I was NOT able to login,with stuff coming up saying invalid username, invalid form, etc.
After half a dozen tries, I just figured board was having problem or was hacked.
I then tried Safari (on my iMac) and using the correct user name and password, got right in, as is evident from this post.
I wonder if it is a new Firefox "security" feature jacking with the sign in features?
Anyway, glad to know I can get back home using Safari!

Rob Robinson
Rob, you should be able to just clear your browser cache and that will fix Firefox.
Gordon
ZWO mini guider.

Makuser United States of America
In Memory
In Memory

TSS Awards Badges

TSS Photo of the Day

Post by Makuser »

Hi all. I use Firefox and I got bumped off of TSS this morning. I "bit the bullet" and did the clear all cache which took almost 2 minutes. I was then able to get back on TSS, and then discovered that I was also bumped off of the AF forum. I got that fixed and then found my bank account log in required a phone call to get a temporary pass word, because with the tracking cookie removed, it didn't recognize my computer. Finally, we got the email running again too. In fact, it is now faster then it has been for some time, so the clear cache was probably overdue anyway. This was a lot of work this morning, but a small price to pay for the integrity, security, and reliability that we all enjoy here on TSS. And thanks again to Gordon and the other co-administrators, as they have 767 members on here to protect.
:text-thankyoublue:
Marshall
Sky-Watcher 90mm f/13.8 Maksutov-Cassegrain on motorized Multimount
Orion Astroview 120ST f/5 Refractor on EQ3 mount
Celestron Comet Catcher 140mm f/3.64 Schmidt-Newtonian on alt-az mount
Celestron Omni XLT150R f/5 Refractor on CG4 mount with dual axis drives.
Orion 180mm f/15 Maksutov-Cassegrain on CG5-GT Goto mount.
Orion XT12i 12" f/4.9 Dobsonian Intelliscope.
Kamakura 7x35 Binoculars and Celestron SkyMaster 15x70 Binoculars. ZWO ASI 120MC camera.
>)))))*>