Indication you have already responded to a Post

If you find a problem or you just want to tell us how great this forum is, post it here!!!
(We do listen!)
STEVE333 United States of America
Articles: 0

TSS Awards Badges

TSS Photo of the Day

Indication you have already responded to a Post

Post by STEVE333 »

It would be useful if there were some indication that you have already replied to a post. Then you could quickly scroll down whichever forum/subforum you are in and only stop on the posts you have not yet responded to. This would save "looking through the entire thread" or using the Unread posts option in Quick Links which yields more information than needed for just one post in question.

Just a thought.

Thanks Administrators for all you have and are doing. I like this Forum a lot!

Steve
Steve King: Light Pollution (Bortle 5)
Telescope + Mount + Guiding: W.O. Star71-ii + iOptron CEM40 EC + Orion Magnificent Mini AutoGuider
Camera: ASI 1600MM Pro + EFW Filter Wheel + Chroma 3nm Siii, Ha, Oiii + ZWO LRGB Filters
Software: PHD2; APT; PixInsight ***** My AP website: www.steveking.pictures
GriffinBF

Re: Indication you have already responded to a Post

Post by GriffinBF »

Thanks for the input, Steve. I’ve forwarded this to the attention of the team members. Hang tight. o/
Martin

TSS Awards Badges

TSS Photo of the Day

Post by STEVE333 »

GriffinBF wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 9:38 pm Thanks for the input, Steve. I’ve forwarded this to the attention of the team members. Hang tight. o/
Thanks Griffin - No hurry. I can only imagine how busy it is getting a forum up and running. Just wanted the thought to be in the back of people's minds in case it is easy to do.

Steve
Telescope + Mount + Guiding: W.O. Star71-ii + iOptron CEM40 EC + Orion Magnificent Mini AutoGuider
Camera: ASI 1600MM Pro + EFW Filter Wheel + Chroma 3nm Siii, Ha, Oiii + ZWO LRGB Filters
KathyNS Online Canada
Co-Administrator
Co-Administrator

TSS Photo of the Day

TSS Awards Badges

Post by KathyNS »

In the Black style, which I think is the default, there appears to be no "already posted" indicator. But in the Prosilver style, the icon to the left of the thread title shows a red star if you have posted in the thread. I am not sure about the other styles.
DSO AP: Orion 200mm f/4 Newtonian Astrograph; ATIK 383L+; EFW2 filter wheel; Astrodon Ha,Oiii,LRGB filters; KWIQ/QHY5 guide scope; Planetary AP: Celestron C-11; ZWO ASI120MC; Portable: Celestron C-8 on HEQ5 pro; C-90 on wedge; 20x80 binos; Etc: Canon 350D; Various EPs, etc. Obs: 8' Exploradome; iOptron CEM60 (pier); Helena Observatory (H2O) Astrobin

TSS Awards Badges

TSS Photo of the Day

Post by STEVE333 »

KathyNS wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 9:45 pm In the Black style, which I think is the default, there appears to be no "already posted" indicator. But in the Prosilver style, the icon to the left of the thread title shows a red star if you have posted in the thread. I am not sure about the other styles.
Thanks Kathy -

Now - How can I switch to the Prosiver style?

Steve
KathyNS Online Canada
Co-Administrator
Co-Administrator

TSS Photo of the Day

TSS Awards Badges

Post by KathyNS »

STEVE333 wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 10:12 pm
Thanks Kathy -

Now - How can I switch to the Prosiver style?

Steve
Styles are selected on the User Control Panel. How to access that is also style-dependent, but since you have an avatar, I assume you have already found it. Under the User Control Panel, select the tab for Board Preferences. Look for the item My Board Style. Pick the style you want from the pulldown list. Then remember to click Submit at the bottom to enact the change.
DSO AP: Orion 200mm f/4 Newtonian Astrograph; ATIK 383L+; EFW2 filter wheel; Astrodon Ha,Oiii,LRGB filters; KWIQ/QHY5 guide scope; Planetary AP: Celestron C-11; ZWO ASI120MC; Portable: Celestron C-8 on HEQ5 pro; C-90 on wedge; 20x80 binos; Etc: Canon 350D; Various EPs, etc. Obs: 8' Exploradome; iOptron CEM60 (pier); Helena Observatory (H2O) Astrobin
UlteriorModem

TSS Photo of the Day

Post by UlteriorModem »

There is also the "Your posts" under the three bar menu.
Tom

Current Equipment:
Mount: Celestron CGX-L
Scope: 130mm f7 APO
Cam: ASI071mc-pro
Lady Fraktor Slovakia

Post by Lady Fraktor »

With the “black” style, if you have posted in a thread the main red dot showing new posts will also show a small grey dot at the 4 o’clock position.
It is small but noticeable once you know it is there.
Gabrielle
See Far Sticks: Elita 103/1575, AOM FLT 105/1000, Bresser 127/1200 BV, Nočný stopár 152/1200, Vyrobené doma 70/700, Stellarvue NHNG DX 80/552, TAL RS 100/1000, Vixen SD115s/885
EQ: TAL MT-1, Vixen SXP, SXP2, AXJ, AXD
Az/Alt: AYO Digi II, Stellarvue M2C, Argo Navis encoders on both
Tripods: Berlebach Planet (2), Uni 28 Astro, Report 372, TAL factory maple, Vixen ASG-CB90, Vixen AXD-TR102
Diagonals: Astro-Physics, Baader Amici, Baader Herschel, iStar Blue, Stellarvue DX, Tak prism, TAL, Vixen
Eyepieces: Antares to Zeiss (1000101)
The only culture I have is from yogurt

TSS Awards Badges

TSS Photo of the Day

Post by STEVE333 »

Lady Fraktor wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 10:43 pm With the “black” style, if you have posted in a thread the main red dot showing new posts will also show a small grey dot at the 4 o’clock position.
It is small but noticeable once you know it is there.
Thanks so much - That's what I was looking for. Hadn't seen that little dot before.

Looks like the little dot is either at 2 o'clock or 4 o'clock depending on which screen background is chosen. PROBLEM SOLVED!!

That will save a lot of time.

Thanks again,

Steve
Gordon United States of America
Site Admin
Site Admin
Articles: 1048

TSS Awards Badges

TSS Photo of the Day

I Broke The Forum.

TSS EAA Messier awards

Post by Gordon »

Just for those of us who have a hard time seeing. Here's a screen shot of what we are talking about. (note you can click on this image to make it larger.)
posted notification.png
If you look closely. The first thread is not read (means nothing new is posted. The second has a large red circle with an arrow. That means you have not read that thread. I have also placed a circle around it in orange. Look really close and you will see a small gray dot at the 4 o'clock position. That means there are new posts but you have already made a post to that tread. Same as you have to post 3. Post 4 has a new posting to it (one you have not read yet.), AND looking inside the orange circle I have marked it with you can see you have never replied to that thread because there is not gray dot.
Gordon
Scopes: Explore Scientific ED80CF, Skywatcher 200 Quattro Imaging Newt, SeeStar S50 for EAA.
Mounts: Orion Atlas EQ-g mount & Skywatcher EQ5 Pro.
ZWO mini guider.
Image cameras: ZWO ASI1600 MM Cool, ZWO ASI533mc-Pro, ZWO ASI174mm-C (for use with my Quark chromosphere), ZWO ASI120MC
Filters: LRGB, Ha 7nm, O-III 7nm, S-II 7nm
Eyepieces: a few.
Primary software: Cartes du Ciel, N.I.N.A, StarTools V1.4.