Eat a Python

Discuss non-Astronomy related subjects. NOTE: posts are removed automatically after 365 days.
AntennaGuy United States of America
Articles: 0

TSS Awards Badges

Eat a Python

Post by AntennaGuy »

I find the article linked below to be somewhat difficult to believe. But then, alligator meat is sold in my local supermarket, so perhaps it's not too crazy? So sure, I would try a python burger... I guess. Would you?
https://www.forbes.com/sites/grrlscient ... 26bcd96eb2
Here's more:
https://www.allrecipes.com/article/flor ... hon-study/
Looks like you need to avoid high-mercury pythons. Farm them, then.
And:
https://nayturr.com/can-humans-eat-snak ... le-snakes/
* Meade 323 refractor on a manual equatorial mount.
* Celestron C6 SCT on a Twilight 1 Alt-Az mount
Prof. Barnhardt to Klaatu in The Day the Earth Stood Still: "There are several thousand questions I'd like to ask you.”
Lady Fraktor Slovakia

Re: Eat a Python

Post by Lady Fraktor »

There are many foods that are not as common in america as they are in other locations, lizard, snake, guinea pig, rabbit, horse, various large rodents and birds.
I find it interesting that while most people have no problem eating a cow or pig but would not want to eat a horse.
Gabrielle
See Far Sticks: Elita 103/1575, AOM FLT 105/1000, Bresser 127/1200 BV, Nočný stopár 152/1200, Vyrobené doma 70/700, Stellarvue NHNG DX 80/552, TAL RS 100/1000, Vixen SD115s/885
EQ: TAL MT-1, Vixen SXP, SXP2, AXJ, AXD
Az/Alt: AYO Digi II, Stellarvue M2C, Argo Navis encoders on both
Tripods: Berlebach Planet (2), Uni 28 Astro, Report 372, TAL factory maple, Vixen ASG-CB90, Vixen AXD-TR102
Diagonals: Astro-Physics, Baader Amici, Baader Herschel, iStar Blue, Stellarvue DX, Tak prism, TAL, Vixen
Eyepieces: Antares to Zeiss (1000101)
The only culture I have is from yogurt
OzEclipse Australia
Articles: 2

TSS Awards Badges

TSS Photo of the Day

Post by OzEclipse »

In Libya, I visited Dar Ghadames, an ancient city now a UNESCO World Heritage site. There is one restaurant that only takes up to 6 guests in a traditionally decorated living room of one of the houses, sitting on rugs and pillows on the floor. There we were served a camel soup and a camel meat main course, both delicious and I would heartily recommend camel to anyone.

I have eaten a few non-traditional foods during extensive travels in Africa and Latin America. Rodents in particular, Cuy (Guinea pig) in Peru and rats in Zambia, immediately come to mind. Neither was my first choice but offered to me on both occasions by hosts as a special honour and it would have been rude to refuse.

So while I won't search high and low for python steaks, if offered in certain circumstances, I probably would eat them.

Joe
Amateur astronomer since 1978...................Web site : http://joe-cali.com/
Scopes: ATM 18" Dob, Vixen VC200L, ATM 6"f7, Stellarvue 102ED, Saxon ED80, WO M70 ED, Orion 102 Maksutov, ST80.
Mounts: Takahashi EM-200, iOptron iEQ45, Push dobsonian with Nexus DSC, three homemade EQ's.
Eyepieces: TV Naglers 31, 17, 12, 7; Denkmeier D21 & D14; Pentax XW10, XW5, Unitron 40mm Kellner, Meade Or 25,12
Cameras : Pentax K1, K5, K01, K10D / VIDEO CAMS : TacosBD, Lihmsec.
Cam/guider/controllers: Lacerta MGEN 3, SW Synguider, Simulation Curriculum SkyFi 3+Sky safari
Memberships Astronomical Association of Queensland; RASNZ Occultations Section; Single Exposure Milky Way Facebook Group (Moderator) (12k members), The Sky Searchers (moderator)
Chich Canada

TSS Awards Badges

Post by Chich »

Haven't had python (that I know of), probably would try it. Its funny where people draw the line.
I lived in a Native village once and they had this dish called a 'see pie'. It was a deep dish layered meat pie cooked in a Dutch oven. Got its name from the cook putting what ever meat(s) they could see into it. Always good, could have beef, beaver, venison, partridge, muskrat, goose, moose, duck etc. Another nearby community had a dish, can't recall the name, which was a heaping plate of moose marrow. I used to love sucking the marrow out of turkey and chicken bones as a kid but guess lost my taste for it as I never tried this.
Keep calm and set SCE To AUX

Wildland fire: a strong tradition since 440,000,000 BCE
NEW for 345,000,000 BCE - Crown fires!
Mike Q United States of America

TSS Awards Badges

Post by Mike Q »

Lady Fraktor wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:04 am There are many foods that are not as common in america as they are in other locations, lizard, snake, guinea pig, rabbit, horse, various large rodents and birds.
I find it interesting that while most people have no problem eating a cow or pig but would not want to eat a horse.
Because horses are magnificent animals meant for riding. Pigs and beef cattle are breed to be eaten specifically.
Orion Skyline 10 Inch
Orion XX16G
Stellina
AT102EDL

TSS Awards Badges

Post by AntennaGuy »

Found this little fellow in our yard today. Too cute to eat.
Closeup_snake_smaller.jpg
Prof. Barnhardt to Klaatu in The Day the Earth Stood Still: "There are several thousand questions I'd like to ask you.”
pakarinen United States of America

TSS Awards Badges

Post by pakarinen »

I've eaten Cajun-style gator several times - quite tasty. I'm not sure I could overcome my inherent revulsion of snakes to try python, although I'm told rattlesnake is pretty good.
=============================================================================
Man... That's some icky-tasting stuff!
=============================================================================
AT50, AT72EDII, ST80, ST102; Scopetech Zero, AZ-GTi, AZ Pronto; Innorel RT90C, Oberwerk 5000; Orion Giantview 15x70s, Vortex 8x42s, Navy surplus 7x50s, Nikon 10x50s

TSS Awards Badges

Post by AntennaGuy »

Mike Q United States of America

TSS Awards Badges

Post by Mike Q »

I have had gator once, they said it would taste like chicken, well it was good, but definitely did not taste like chicken
Orion Skyline 10 Inch
Orion XX16G
Stellina
AT102EDL