Giant people?

Discuss non-Astronomy related subjects. NOTE: posts are removed automatically after 365 days.
AntennaGuy United States of America
Milky Way Ambassador
Articles: 0

TSS Awards Badges

Giant people?

Post by AntennaGuy »

Things that make you go Hmmmm...... Yeah, somehow it's all just been ignored for decades. But I believe!! (Say it with me.)
Scientists still baffled from giant human skeletons up to 10 feet tall decades after initial discovery
https://nypost.com/2024/04/04/us-news/m ... ada-caves/
* Meade 323 refractor on a manual equatorial mount.
* Celestron C6 SCT on a Twilight 1 Alt-Az mount
Prof. Barnhardt to Klaatu in The Day the Earth Stood Still: "There are several thousand questions I'd like to ask you.”
Graeme1858 Great Britain
Co-Administrator
Co-Administrator
Articles: 1

TSS Awards Badges

TSS Photo of the Day

I Broke The Forum.

Re: Giant people?

Post by Graeme1858 »

An interesting read.

Graeme
APM 11x70 ED APO Binoculars.

https://www.averywayobservatory.co.uk/
StarHugger United States of America
Orion Spur Ambassador

Post by StarHugger »

This is where all those tall tales really originate from 😆 Now we know !
Aaron / thestarhugger@gmail.com / Solar Kitchen Observatory / USA...

Specializing in Small Bore Multiple Wavelength Experimental Solar Imaging, Filtering & Visual Observation Since-2020

Solar Imaging Sessions 49 / Solar Observing Sessions 198
KingClinton
Local Group Ambassador

TSS Photo of the Day

Post by KingClinton »

History is littered with tales of giants, from around the Mediterranean and ancient cultures like the Greeks, even the bible talks of such men.
What baffles me is that leading scientists in their fields are unwilling to do any research on these artifacts and bones, WHY?
What has them so fearful of doing what they have studied all their lives to do and having a potential breakthrough discovery, but instead it's all ignored, sweep it under the rug and shut up!
If a new magnificent tomb was found in the valley of the kings would we also ignore it? So why stick our heads in the sand over this issue and many others like it?
Eyeballs, binoculars, sketch box, Scopes n stuff.
Some people don't understand why I love astronomy so much, I cannot understand why they do not!

Graeme1858 Great Britain
Co-Administrator
Co-Administrator
Articles: 1

TSS Awards Badges

TSS Photo of the Day

I Broke The Forum.

Post by Graeme1858 »

AntennaGuy wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 6:36 pm Scientists still baffled from giant human skeletons up to 10 feet tall decades after initial discovery

Perhaps because:

Excavations
Main article: Lovelock Cave
A written report by James H. Hart, the first of two miners to excavate the cave in the fall of 1911, recalls that in the north-central part of the cave, about four feet deep, "was a striking looking body of a man 'six feet six inches tall.' His body was mummified and his hair distinctly red."[11] Unfortunately in the first year of mining, some of the human remains and artifacts were lost and destroyed. "The best specimen of the adult mummies was boiled and destroyed by a local fraternal lodge, which wanted the skeleton for initiation purposes."[12]

Adrienne Mayor writes about the Si-Te-Cah in her book Fossil Legends of the First Americans.[13] She suggests that the "giant" interpretation of the skeletons from Lovelock Cave and other dry caves in Nevada was started by entrepreneurs setting up tourist displays and that the skeletons themselves were of normal size. However, about a 100 miles north of Lovelock there are plentiful fossils of mammoths and cave bears, and their large limbed bones could easily be thought to be those of giants by an untrained observer. She also discusses the reddish hair, pointing out that hair pigment is not stable after death and that various factors such as temperature, soil, etc. can turn ancient very dark hair rusty red or orange. Another explanation for the "giant" interpretation of the skeletons may also come from the fact that the body of the 6ft 6in man was described by Hart as "a giant" in comparison to the much smaller apparently female skeletons.[7]
APM 11x70 ED APO Binoculars.

https://www.averywayobservatory.co.uk/
helicon United States of America
Co-Administrator
Co-Administrator
Articles: 593

TSS Awards Badges

Post by helicon »

Very interesting. I am friends with Mayor on Facebook. She also has written extensively on Amazons.
-Michael
Refractors: ES AR152 f/6.5 Achromat on Twilight II, Celestron 102mm XLT f/9.8 on Celestron Heavy Duty Alt Az mount, KOWA 90mm spotting scope
Binoculars: Celestron SkyMaster 15x70, Bushnell 10x50
Eyepieces: Various, GSO Superview, 9mm Plossl, Celestron 25mm Plossl
Camera: ZWO ASI 120
Naked Eye: Two Eyeballs
Latitude: 48.7229° N
pakarinen United States of America
Inter-Galactic Ambassador

TSS Awards Badges

Post by pakarinen »

KingClinton wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 6:03 am History is littered with tales of giants, from around the Mediterranean and ancient cultures like the Greeks, even the bible talks of such men.
What baffles me is that leading scientists in their fields are unwilling to do any research on these artifacts and bones, WHY?
What has them so fearful of doing what they have studied all their lives to do and having a potential breakthrough discovery, but instead it's all ignored, sweep it under the rug and shut up!
If a new magnificent tomb was found in the valley of the kings would we also ignore it? So why stick our heads in the sand over this issue and many others like it?
It's the same with UFOs / UAPs even with the so-called recent government disclosures. There could be some interesting physics here (e.g. unknown atmospheric plasma phenomena), but it's become too enmeshed with evil aliens from Zeta Ret or wherever.

OTOH, if a Nordic-type female alien offers me a ride in her ship, I'm cool with that.
=============================================================================
I drink tea, I read books, I look at stars when I'm not cursing clouds. It's what I do.
=============================================================================
AT50, AT72EDII, ST80, ST102; Scopetech Zero, AZ-GTi, AZ Pronto; Innorel RT90C, Oberwerk 5000; Orion Giantview 15x70s, Vortex 8x42s, Navy surplus 7x50s, Nikon 10x50s