Post your solar system images here.
Jnicholes United States of America
Pluto Ambassador
Articles: 0

TSS Awards Badges

TSS Photo of the Day

New Image: 12P/Pons-Brooks 02/08/2024

Post by Jnicholes »

So, my mount that I got for Christmas was out of commission. I had to send it back to Celestron for repairs. Something was wrong with the altitude motor. I got it back, and not a moment too soon.

Last night I decided to go out and do a test of the telescope to see if they did fix it. Sure enough, they did. Everything is working now. I took the opportunity to do a test and go to comet 12P/Pons-Brooks.

I found it, and I got several pictures and stacked them through Registax.

Here is the final result.
IMG_2391.jpeg

All in all, a good astrophotography session.

Jared
Celestron Nexstar 8SE Schmidt Cassegrain Telescope
25mm plossl Eyepiece
Goto mount
Iphone 11 Nightcap app Camera

"Our minds are finite, and yet even in these circumstances of finitude we are surrounded by possibilities that are infinite, and the purpose of life is to grasp as much as we can out of that infinitude."

Alfred North Whitehead
hosshead Canada
Mars Ambassador

Re: New Image: 12P/Pons-Brooks 02/08/2024

Post by hosshead »

Yay!!!
That's kinda what my view looked like only a little more colour 🙂

Excellent !
Binoculars; Celestron Skymaster 18-40 X 80 zoom, Bushnell7-15 X 35 zoom, a couple of older single speed Bushnells that ride around in the car for weather spotting clarification
Scopes; Tiny little Mak-Cass Celestron c90 spotter scope that lets me count the moons of Jupiter and with which I can see Saturns rings in Mickey Mouse phase
Old Meade 1000mm f/11 that was missing the finder scope and ring so I rigged one onto the barrel using duct tape and a bit of cardboard and that actually works and I can count the moons of Jupiter with this one too.
Meade 6" reflector,(really elderly), found at a yard sale, the tube is a bucket of rust and corroded mirror but the mount and tripod will be recoverable so hooray for that.
Cameras; Mamiya medium format 645 with a couple of polaroid backs and a series of wide angle to 50mm lenses
Konica-Minolta 35mm,Sony alpha dslr's, up to the a900 full frame, mostly got them used because I don't have much money.
messier 111 Canada
Universal Ambassador

TSS Awards Badges

Re: New Image: 12P/Pons-Brooks 02/08/2024

Post by messier 111 »

impresive take , thx .
I LOVE REFRACTORS , :Astronomer1: :sprefac:

REFRACTOR , TS-Optics Doublet SD-APO 125 mm f/7.8 . Lunt 80mm MT Ha Doublet Refractor .

EYEPIECES, Delos , Delite and 26mm Nagler t5 , 2 zoom Svbony 7-21 , Orion Premium Linear BinoViewer .

FILTER , Nebustar 2 tele vue . Apm solar wedge . contrast booster 2 inches .

Mounts , cg-4 motorized , eq6 pro belt drive .

“Your assumptions are your windows on the world. Scrub them off every once in a while, or the light won't come in.”
― Isaac Asimov

Jean-Yves :flags-canada: