WiFi capabilities of Meade LX85 ACF

Discuss Celestron mounts.
boese1978@q.com United States of America
Earth Ambassador
Articles: 0

WiFi capabilities of Meade LX85 ACF

Post by boese1978@q.com »

Considering the purchase of the above set up. Meade Stella WiFi adapter has been discontinued. Per Meade “ I should search these sites for options and information “
Anyone with first hand experience using a non Meade WiFi adapter?
Thanks!!
Bigzmey United States of America
Articles: 8

TSS Awards Badges

Re: WiFi capabilities of Meade LX85 ACF

Post by Bigzmey »

I don't have experience with Meade Stella WiFi adapter but I would suggest a different route. Instead of getting a mount with WiFi add-on look for a mount with built-in WiFi capacity and than select a telescope OTA based on your preference.

The advantage of this approach is that the mount is guaranteed to work with WiFi and you can use with any telescope or multiple scopes while Meade LX85 ACF setup you are limited to the scope which comes with it.

I love my iOptron AZMP and use it with my Celestron 8" SCT. I really enjoy running the scope from a phone app.

https://agenaastro.com/ioptron-az-mount ... -8903.html
Scopes: Stellarvue: SV102ED; Celestron: 9.25" EdgeHD, 8" SCT, 150ST, Onyx 80ED; iOptron: Hankmeister 6" Mak; SW: 7" Mak; Meade: 80ST.
Mounts: SW: SkyTee2, AzGTi; iOptron: AZMP; ES: Twilight I; Bresser: EXOS2; UA: MicroStar.
Binos: APM: 100-90 APO; Canon: IS 15x50; Orion: Binoviewer, LG II 15x70, WV 10x50, Nikon: AE 16x50, 10x50, 8x40.
EPs: Pentax: XWs & XFs; TeleVue: Delites, Panoptic & Plossls; ES: 68, 62; Vixen: SLVs; Baader: BCOs, Aspherics, Mark IV.
Diagonals: Baader: BBHS mirror, Zeiss Spec T2 prism, Clicklock dielectric; TeleVue: Evebrite dielectric; AltairAstro: 2" prism.
Filters: Lumicon: DeepSky, UHC, OIII, H-beta; Baader: Moon & SkyGlow, Contrast Booster, UHC-S, 6-color set; Astronomik: UHC.
Solar: HA: Lunt 50mm single stack, W/L: Meade Herschel wedge.

Observing: DSOs: 3106 (Completed: Messier, Herschel 1, 2, 3. In progress: H2,500: 2180, S110: 77). Doubles: 2437, Comets: 34, Asteroids: 257