Finally...

If you are interested in getting started in AP (Astrophotography) or have just begun AP post your questions here. You can also post images if you want suggestions on how to improve them.
Razz United States of America
Pluto Ambassador
Articles: 0

TSS Awards Badges

Finally...

Post by Razz »

After months of waiting for decent weather and clear skies, Tonight I'm setting up for my first image session. Not expecting much, it's mostly going to be a learning experience I'm sure. I've practiced a lot inside so we'll see.....
Telescopes: SvBony SV503 80mm, Apertura AD10, Daystar SS60DS,Bresser AR-127s, 6" GSO Ritchey-Chretien Astrograph
Mounts: Skywatcher AZ-GTe, EQ6-R Pro
EPs: Baader Q turret with 32mm Classic Plossl and 18mm, 10mm, 6mm Classic Orthos and Q Turret barlow 2.25x
Baader Hyperion Mark IV 8-24mm zoom, Hyperion zoom barlow 2.25x
Filters: Celestron Variable Polarizing, SvBony F9131A UHC, Baader O III 10nm, Classic Lumicon O III, homemade solar filter with Baader OD 5.0 film, Optolong UV/IR cut
Cameras: Canon EOS Rebel T3i, ASI 224 mc
Guiding: iOptron iGuider 30mm scope/camera
Binoculars: Celestron Upclose G2 10x50

Bill
JSBach1801 United States of America
Pluto Ambassador

Re: Finally...

Post by JSBach1801 »

Razz wrote: Wed Apr 12, 2023 10:29 pm After months of waiting for decent weather and clear skies, Tonight I'm setting up for my first image session. Not expecting much, it's mostly going to be a learning experience I'm sure. I've practiced a lot inside so we'll see.....
Awesome! Care to share any details of what you will be doing exactly? Target, gear you are trying to learn, etc.?

And good luck!
Lyle In Utah

Telescopes: William Optics Zenithstar 73 III APO, ZWO 30mm f/4 Mini Guide Scope
Cameras: Sony a7IV Mirrorless, ZWO ASI120MM-MINI
Mount: Sky Watcher EQM-35i
Control: ASIAIR Plus
Razz United States of America
Pluto Ambassador

TSS Awards Badges

Post by Razz »

JSBach1801 wrote: Wed Apr 12, 2023 11:01 pm
Razz wrote: Wed Apr 12, 2023 10:29 pm After months of waiting for decent weather and clear skies, Tonight I'm setting up for my first image session. Not expecting much, it's mostly going to be a learning experience I'm sure. I've practiced a lot inside so we'll see.....
Awesome! Care to share any details of what you will be doing exactly? Target, gear you are trying to learn, etc.?

And good luck!
The gear is the easy part. I'll be using the EQ6-R Pro with the Bresser 127 and a Canon T3i. I can set that up in my sleep. Mainly, I'll be working on N.I.N.A., particularly the 3 point polar alignment. I couldn't try that inside. And also work on settings like exposure times and things like that. I don't have any particular targets planned. It'll depend on how long I'm out there. Probably some star clusters as Stellarium is showing me plenty of those.
Telescopes: SvBony SV503 80mm, Apertura AD10, Daystar SS60DS,Bresser AR-127s, 6" GSO Ritchey-Chretien Astrograph
Mounts: Skywatcher AZ-GTe, EQ6-R Pro
EPs: Baader Q turret with 32mm Classic Plossl and 18mm, 10mm, 6mm Classic Orthos and Q Turret barlow 2.25x
Baader Hyperion Mark IV 8-24mm zoom, Hyperion zoom barlow 2.25x
Filters: Celestron Variable Polarizing, SvBony F9131A UHC, Baader O III 10nm, Classic Lumicon O III, homemade solar filter with Baader OD 5.0 film, Optolong UV/IR cut
Cameras: Canon EOS Rebel T3i, ASI 224 mc
Guiding: iOptron iGuider 30mm scope/camera
Binoculars: Celestron Upclose G2 10x50

Bill
JSBach1801 United States of America
Pluto Ambassador

Post by JSBach1801 »

Razz wrote: Wed Apr 12, 2023 11:31 pm
JSBach1801 wrote: Wed Apr 12, 2023 11:01 pm

And good luck!
The gear is the easy part. I'll be using the EQ6-R Pro with the Bresser 127 and a Canon T3i. I can set that up in my sleep. Mainly, I'll be working on N.I.N.A., particularly the 3 point polar alignment. I couldn't try that inside. And also work on settings like exposure times and things like that. I don't have any particular targets planned. It'll depend on how long I'm out there. Probably some star clusters as Stellarium is showing me plenty of those.
Nice. I hope it all goes well for you!
Lyle In Utah

Telescopes: William Optics Zenithstar 73 III APO, ZWO 30mm f/4 Mini Guide Scope
Cameras: Sony a7IV Mirrorless, ZWO ASI120MM-MINI
Mount: Sky Watcher EQM-35i
Control: ASIAIR Plus
Juno16 United States of America
Universal Ambassador

TSS Awards Badges

TSS Photo of the Day

Post by Juno16 »

Sounds great Bill!
I know that you are excited.
I hope that NINA’s TPPA works well for you. I have very good luck with it and really enjoy using it.

I started PA’ing with drift alignment in PHD2 and it works great, but is time consuming.
Then i bought Sharpcap Pro for its PA feature and it worked really well.
NINA TPPA is free and works great. I’m sure that most folks run it once and move on, but i run it a few times until I get two closely agreed results. Doesn’t take long and you can start it before astronomical darkness, as long as you can plate solve.

Hope that your night goes well Bill.

Looking forward to your successful night!
Jim

Scopes: Explore Scientific ED102 APO, Sharpstar 61 EDPH II APO, Samyang 135 F2 (still on the Nikon).
Mount: Skywatcher HEQ5 Pro with Rowan Belt Mod
Stuff: ASI EAF Focus Motor (x2), ZWO OAG, ZWO 30 mm Guide Scope, ASI 220mm min, ASI 120mm mini, Stellarview 0.8 FR/FF, Sharpstar 0.8 FR/FF, Mele Overloock 3C.
Camera/Filters/Software: ASI 533 mc pro, ASI 120mm mini, ASI 220mm mini , IDAS LPS D-1, Optolong L-Enhance, ZWO UV/IR Cut, N.I.N.A., Green Swamp Server, PHD2, Adobe Photoshop CC, Pixinsight.
Dog and best bud: Jack
Sky: Bortle 6-7
My Astrobin: https://www.astrobin.com/users/Juno16/