SCOPE TRANSPORTS...aka Buggy

This is our area for Vendors. If you are a vendor and wish to promote your products please feel free to do so.
Forum rules
Please feel free to post any new products, discounts, or special announcements!
Also you may post in the open forums to answer specific questions about your products. The only thing we ask is to not downgrade another vendors products.
Stevegeo United States of America
Earth Ambassador
Articles: 0

SCOPE TRANSPORTS...aka Buggy

Post by Stevegeo »

Hi everyone. Some of you may know me. Im Steve from NY and i BUILD SCOPE TRANSPORTS.. aka BUGGIES. Im well known on another site , but advertizing for a better way was SHUNNED UPON, i was recommended by a fellow member to go here.. ( thanks John)

I started doing this after witnessing two tragic accidents with scopes, both during moving... the first, a Celestron C8 on a heavy mount carried by the owner who tripped. The entire unit crashing to the ground.. breaking the corrector, finder and most likely the mount.
The second, a large refractor pulled on a kids wagon, the owner turned, the entire rig tipped over and again crashed. Denting the scope..
At the time i was carring my C8 in a kids fold up stroller. Mount in rear pocket and scope strapped in seat.. tripod on handles.. not the best but it was cheap, foldable and safer then a carry.. it was then after seeing these incidents i made my first scope buggy never seeing those advertised in magazines.
Being a welder/ fabricator/ engineer AND inventor , i made two first versions, and refined each .. now with over 100 buillds i have this pretty much down pat. THESE ARE BACK / AND EQUIPMENT SAVERS... THEY SET UP QUICK, ROLL OVER ANY TERRAIN , GRAVEL, GRASS, PAVEMENT AND MOST SOFT DIRT.
Now there is a difference with my units, i CUSTOM Build for each customer. To their needs.. i also offer a basic unit that will accomidate 99% of all tripod setups. My wheels are 8 in pneumatics, one one eight in steel tube mig welded, gusseted at joints. LARGER TUBE CAN BE BUILT FOR VERY LARGE SETUPS. These will handle 300 lbs with ease. My largest for scopes like my C14 will hold 900 lbs . Two piece units for quick setup with one pin or bolt. There is a welded loop for a ratchet strap that i also provide.
The tripod sits in either drilled holes specific for most tripods, OR welded pad keepers for those with anti vibration pads or larger feet. Also there is welded nuts for leveling screws on each corner and leveling screws provided as well. I offer two types of builds, wheels that stick out on the side, or those that are rear mount. The front wheel is a CASTOR pneumatic, these are WALK BESIDE TRANSPORTS, you walk beside with one hand on your rig to guide/ stop steer... which is EASY AND SIMPLE. As everyone knows with one hand holding your rig this simple method you are IN CONTROL.. YOU ARE NOT FASTER THEN GRAVITY. i can also provide add ons to the transport. Battery trays, cord wraps and box stays for laptops and even chairs. This is where custom comes in.. i have built for refractors, Cats large and small, and dobs. . If anyone is interested drop me an email directly with a decription of your needs, expected terrain, tripod/scope/ mount. Prices start at $275 plus shipping for basic unit. Right now i ship to US and Canada... turn around is about a week, i do keep a few in stock at a time. Ask. scg13803@yahoo.com is my email ...
Gordon United States of America
Site Admin
Site Admin
Articles: 1037

TSS Awards Badges

TSS Photo of the Day

I Broke The Forum.

Re: SCOPE TRANSPORTS...aka Buggy

Post by Gordon »

We would love to see some photos of what you have built!
Gordon
Scopes: Explore Scientific ED80CF, Skywatcher 200 Quattro Imaging Newt, SeeStar S50 for EAA.
Mounts: Orion Atlas EQ-g mount & Skywatcher EQ5 Pro.
ZWO mini guider.
Image cameras: ZWO ASI1600 MM Cool, ZWO ASI533mc-Pro, ZWO ASI174mm-C (for use with my Quark chromosphere), ZWO ASI120MC
Filters: LRGB, Ha 7nm, O-III 7nm, S-II 7nm
Eyepieces: a few.
Primary software: Cartes du Ciel, N.I.N.A, StarTools V1.4.

Bigzmey United States of America
Articles: 8

TSS Awards Badges

Post by Bigzmey »

Gordon wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 5:10 pm We would love to see some photos of what you have built!
Yep, some pics would be great!
Scopes: Stellarvue: SV102ED; Celestron: 9.25" EdgeHD, 8" SCT, 150ST, Onyx 80ED; iOptron: Hankmeister 6" Mak; SW: 7" Mak; Meade: 80ST.
Mounts: SW: SkyTee2, AzGTi; iOptron: AZMP; ES: Twilight I; Bresser: EXOS2; UA: MicroStar.
Binos: APM: 100-90 APO; Canon: IS 15x50; Orion: Binoviewer, LG II 15x70, WV 10x50, Nikon: AE 16x50, 10x50, 8x40.
EPs: Pentax: XWs & XFs; TeleVue: Delites, Panoptic & Plossls; ES: 68, 62; Vixen: SLVs; Baader: BCOs, Aspherics, Mark IV.
Diagonals: Baader: BBHS mirror, Zeiss Spec T2 prism, Clicklock dielectric; TeleVue: Evebrite dielectric; AltairAstro: 2" prism.
Filters: Lumicon: DeepSky, UHC, OIII, H-beta; Baader: Moon & SkyGlow, Contrast Booster, UHC-S, 6-color set; Astronomik: UHC.

Observing: DSOs: 3106 (Completed: Messier, Herschel 1, 2, 3. In progress: H2,500: 2180, S110: 77). Doubles: 2382, Comets: 34, Asteroids: 255
Earth Ambassador

Post by Stevegeo »

If anyone would like a few photos of builds email me. scg13803@yahoo.com

IMG_2656.jpg
Earth Ambassador

Post by Stevegeo »

This is a typical build , most popular .. and easy to set up , store , move or transport .

Earth Ambassador

Post by Stevegeo »

new buggy builds coming up, besides my plane jane, one size fits MOST. i am offering a lightweight unit for patio/driveway
NOT FOR LAWNS . super smooth surface only..
and my SUPER DUTY unit, for very heavy scopes, piers, these units will have 8inch or 10 inch pneumatic wheels, for lawns , rough surfaces.. note these are CUSTOM BUILDS TO ORDER>. heavy duty frame, levelers. optional handle.
scg13803@yahoo for more information.
Earth Ambassador

Post by Stevegeo »

I build for DOBs, PIERS, refractors. Reflectors, and yes now for the ROBOTIC scopes. . I build to YOUR specs. Prices vary , and i am willing to work with you with this ( to a point), discounts for groups/ multiple builds, schools and outreach programs.

Why carry? Pull out , park it and ENJOY!. email me directly for more information.. scg13803@yahoo (dot com)
Earth Ambassador

Post by Stevegeo »

.. i can and have built for scopes up to 24inches , weights to 600 lbs .. and i offer SPECIAL BUILDS . , loading unloading , racks, laptop stands, battery trays ., accessories.. if you are interested in a transport for your gear ,scope etc.. email me directly scg13803@yahoo.com.

One note , i will not be building anything in JUNE , i travel that month to dark skies myself . Keep that in mind .

Clear skies ..steve ..
Lady Fraktor Slovakia
Co-Administrator
Co-Administrator

Post by Lady Fraktor »

Some very nice looking buggies Steve, I hope the venture works out very well. :)
See Far Sticks: Antares Elita 103/1575, AOM FLT 105/1000, Bresser BV 127/1200, Nočný stopár 152/1200, Vyrobené doma 70/700, Stellarvue NHNG DX 80/552, TAL RS100/1000, Vixen SD115s/885
EQ: TAL MT-1, Vixen SXP, AXJ, AXD
Az/Alt: AYO Digi II/ Argo Navis, Stellarvue M2C/ Argo Navis
Tripods: Berlebach Planet (2), Uni 28 Astro, Report 372, TAL factory maple, Vixen ASG-CB90, Vixen AXD-TR102
Diagonals: Astro-Physics, Baader Amici, Baader Herschel, iStar Blue, Stellarvue DX, Takahashi prism, TAL, Vixen flip mirror
Eyepieces: Antares to Zeiss
The only culture I have is from yogurt
My day was going well until... people