changing of guards .

If you find a problem or you just want to tell us how great this forum is, post it here!!!
(We do listen!)
messier 111 Canada
Universal Ambassador
Articles: 0

TSS Awards Badges

changing of guards .

Post by messier 111 »

I saw the year change in some of the threads.
I also noticed that the first author of these threads had changed?
and that the post count has been reset.
during the last change none of this happened.
I would like to understand.
thank you .
I LOVE REFRACTORS , :Astronomer1: :sprefac:

REFRACTOR , TS-Optics Doublet SD-APO 125 mm f/7.8 . Lunt 80mm MT Ha Doublet Refractor .

EYEPIECES, Delos , Delite and 26mm Nagler t5 , 2 zoom Svbony 7-21 , Orion Premium Linear BinoViewer .

FILTER , Nebustar 2 tele vue . Apm solar wedge . contrast booster 2 inches .

Mounts , berno mack 3 with telepod , cg-4 motorized , eq6 pro belt drive .

“Your assumptions are your windows on the world. Scrub them off every once in a while, or the light won't come in.”
― Isaac Asimov

Jean-Yves :flags-canada:
Gordon United States of America
Site Admin
Site Admin
Articles: 1043

TSS Awards Badges

TSS Photo of the Day

I Broke The Forum.

TSS EAA Messier awards

Re: changing of guards .

Post by Gordon »

This should explain what we doing.

https://theskysearchers.com/viewtopic.php?t=26874
Gordon
Scopes: Explore Scientific ED80CF, Skywatcher 200 Quattro Imaging Newt, SeeStar S50 for EAA.
Mounts: Orion Atlas EQ-g mount & Skywatcher EQ5 Pro.
ZWO mini guider.
Image cameras: ZWO ASI1600 MM Cool, ZWO ASI533mc-Pro, ZWO ASI174mm-C (for use with my Quark chromosphere), ZWO ASI120MC
Filters: LRGB, Ha 7nm, O-III 7nm, S-II 7nm
Eyepieces: a few.
Primary software: Cartes du Ciel, N.I.N.A, StarTools V1.4.

messier 111 Canada
Universal Ambassador

TSS Awards Badges

Post by messier 111 »

I read last year and I understand very well.
but that does not explain why the names of the people who started these threads disappear, as does the count of visits.

REFRACTOR , TS-Optics Doublet SD-APO 125 mm f/7.8 . Lunt 80mm MT Ha Doublet Refractor .

EYEPIECES, Delos , Delite and 26mm Nagler t5 , 2 zoom Svbony 7-21 , Orion Premium Linear BinoViewer .

“Your assumptions are your windows on the world. Scrub them off every once in a while, or the light won't come in.”
― Isaac Asimov

Gordon United States of America
Site Admin
Site Admin
Articles: 1043

TSS Awards Badges

TSS Photo of the Day

I Broke The Forum.

TSS EAA Messier awards

Post by Gordon »

Give me an example.
Gordon
Scopes: Explore Scientific ED80CF, Skywatcher 200 Quattro Imaging Newt, SeeStar S50 for EAA.
Mounts: Orion Atlas EQ-g mount & Skywatcher EQ5 Pro.
ZWO mini guider.
Image cameras: ZWO ASI1600 MM Cool, ZWO ASI533mc-Pro, ZWO ASI174mm-C (for use with my Quark chromosphere), ZWO ASI120MC
Filters: LRGB, Ha 7nm, O-III 7nm, S-II 7nm
Eyepieces: a few.
Primary software: Cartes du Ciel, N.I.N.A, StarTools V1.4.

Bigzmey United States of America
Articles: 8

TSS Awards Badges

Post by Bigzmey »

messier 111 wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 1:14 am I read last year and I understand very well.
but that does not explain why the names of the people who started these threads disappear, as does the count of visits.
Before we came out with the annual thread system, we have trimmed some of the threads by manually removing older posts. As an example original "What have you been up to lately" was started by Mark (Thefatkitty) but the older posts were removed, so It starts with Greenman post now.
Scopes: Stellarvue: SV102ED; Celestron: 9.25" EdgeHD, 8" SCT, 150ST, Onyx 80ED; iOptron: Hankmeister 6" Mak; SW: 7" Mak; Meade: 80ST.
Mounts: SW: SkyTee2, AzGTi; iOptron: AZMP; ES: Twilight I; Bresser: EXOS2; UA: MicroStar.
Binos: APM: 100-90 APO; Canon: IS 15x50; Orion: Binoviewer, LG II 15x70, WV 10x50, Nikon: AE 16x50, 10x50, 8x40.
EPs: Pentax: XWs & XFs; TeleVue: Delites, Panoptic & Plossls; ES: 68, 62; Vixen: SLVs; Baader: BCOs, Aspherics, Mark IV.
Diagonals: Baader: BBHS mirror, Zeiss Spec T2 prism, Clicklock dielectric; TeleVue: Evebrite dielectric; AltairAstro: 2" prism.
Filters: Lumicon: DeepSky, UHC, OIII, H-beta; Baader: Moon & SkyGlow, Contrast Booster, UHC-S, 6-color set; Astronomik: UHC.

Observing: DSOs: 3106 (Completed: Messier, Herschel 1, 2, 3. In progress: H2,500: 2180, S110: 77). Doubles: 2407, Comets: 34, Asteroids: 255
messier 111 Canada
Universal Ambassador

TSS Awards Badges

Post by messier 111 »

Bigzmey wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 1:28 am
messier 111 wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 1:14 am I read last year and I understand very well.
Before we came out with the annual thread system, we have trimmed some of the threads by manually removing older posts. As an example original "What have you been up to lately" was started by Mark (Thefatkitty) but the older posts were removed, so It starts with Greenman post now.
I understand, but I think the person who starts a thread should keep their name as the topic starter.
It's my point of view .

― Isaac Asimov

messier 111 Canada
Universal Ambassador

TSS Awards Badges

Post by messier 111 »

just an idea,
maybe ask the person who started the thread, if they want to continue doing it ?

― Isaac Asimov

Bigzmey United States of America
Articles: 8

TSS Awards Badges

Post by Bigzmey »

It will not work in a long run. Again, just to give you examples, people who started Clean, fun jokes and Show Us Your Great Meals topics are no longer active on the forum.
Scopes: Stellarvue: SV102ED; Celestron: 9.25" EdgeHD, 8" SCT, 150ST, Onyx 80ED; iOptron: Hankmeister 6" Mak; SW: 7" Mak; Meade: 80ST.
Mounts: SW: SkyTee2, AzGTi; iOptron: AZMP; ES: Twilight I; Bresser: EXOS2; UA: MicroStar.
Binos: APM: 100-90 APO; Canon: IS 15x50; Orion: Binoviewer, LG II 15x70, WV 10x50, Nikon: AE 16x50, 10x50, 8x40.
EPs: Pentax: XWs & XFs; TeleVue: Delites, Panoptic & Plossls; ES: 68, 62; Vixen: SLVs; Baader: BCOs, Aspherics, Mark IV.
Diagonals: Baader: BBHS mirror, Zeiss Spec T2 prism, Clicklock dielectric; TeleVue: Evebrite dielectric; AltairAstro: 2" prism.
Filters: Lumicon: DeepSky, UHC, OIII, H-beta; Baader: Moon & SkyGlow, Contrast Booster, UHC-S, 6-color set; Astronomik: UHC.

Observing: DSOs: 3106 (Completed: Messier, Herschel 1, 2, 3. In progress: H2,500: 2180, S110: 77). Doubles: 2407, Comets: 34, Asteroids: 255
messier 111 Canada
Universal Ambassador

TSS Awards Badges

Post by messier 111 »

I respect your opinion, both of you. but I do not share it.
thank you for taking the time to read and respond.
Jean Yves .

― Isaac Asimov