scribbly Australia
Mars Ambassador
Articles: 0

TSS Awards Badges

TSS Photo of the Day

A night on the beach

Post by scribbly »

Hi,
its been awhile since I have logged on, just busy and we have had atrocious weather now for almost a while year; so not much astronomy. Anyways thought I should log on and have read and see what has been going on.

I did get away last weekend, and the skies cooperated, albeit, I had to contend with the light pollution of a large (by our standards anyways) town of about 20k folk right over the hill in the direction of the MW.

Notwithstanding, I did get an image, so thought that I would share. We are lucky down here in that we get such a broad section of the MW visible right across the SW horizon at this time of year.

Canon RP (unmodded), Rokinon 14mm @ F2.8, ISO3200, 24 x 30 sec subs in a "single exposure" panorama. Edited in PS, and a little Topaz DeNoise.

20221014 Long Beach MW.jpg
Telescopes: Takahashi TSA120; Genstar 10" (Barry Arnold optics), Skywatcher ST80 (guide)
Eyepieces: Televue Nagler 7/11/22mm, Takahashi LE50mm, Denkmieir 14mm, Andrews (Moonfish) 30mm
Cameras: Canon EOS RP, Player One Neptune-C II Planetary (IMX464), QHY Polemaster
Lenses: Canon 300mm F4 L, Tamron 24-70mm G2 F2.8, Samyang 14mm F2.8, Rokinon 8mm
Mounts: Losmandy G11G, Skywatcher Star Adventurer I PRO
Binoculars: Bushnell Forge ED 10x42
Butterfly Maiden Great Britain
Local Group Ambassador

TSS Photo of the Day

Re: A night on the beach

Post by Butterfly Maiden »

That is a beautiful image Phil - I love it.

Thank you for sharing it with us.
Vanessa

Nikon D82 Fieldscope with 30x/45x/56x angled eyepiece.
Olympus DPS-1 10x50 binoculars.
Leica 8x32BN binoculars.
Razz United States of America
Pluto Ambassador

TSS Awards Badges

Post by Razz »

That is such a cool image. Guess I'll be moving to Australia :lol:
Telescopes: SvBony SV503 80mm, Apertura AD10, Daystar SS60DS,Bresser AR-127s, 6" GSO Ritchey-Chretien Astrograph
Mounts: Skywatcher AZ-GTe, EQ6-R Pro
EPs: Baader Q turret with 32mm Classic Plossl and 18mm, 10mm, 6mm Classic Orthos and Q Turret barlow 2.25x
Baader Hyperion Mark IV 8-24mm zoom, Hyperion zoom barlow 2.25x
Filters: Celestron Variable Polarizing, SvBony F9131A UHC, Baader O III 10nm, Classic Lumicon O III, homemade solar filter with Baader OD 5.0 film, Optolong UV/IR cut
Cameras: Canon EOS Rebel T3i, ASI 224 mc
Guiding: iOptron iGuider 30mm scope/camera
Binoculars: Celestron Upclose G2 10x50

Bill
Bigzmey United States of America
Articles: 8

TSS Awards Badges

Post by Bigzmey »

Beautiful capture Phil!
Scopes: Stellarvue: SV102ED; Celestron: 9.25" EdgeHD, 8" SCT, 150ST, Onyx 80ED; iOptron: Hankmeister 6" Mak; SW: 7" Mak; Meade: 80ST.
Mounts: SW: SkyTee2, AzGTi; iOptron: AZMP; ES: Twilight I; Bresser: EXOS2; UA: MicroStar.
Binos: APM: 100-90 APO; Canon: IS 15x50; Orion: Binoviewer, LG II 15x70, WV 10x50, Nikon: AE 16x50, 10x50, 8x40.
EPs: Pentax: XWs & XFs; TeleVue: Delites, Panoptic & Plossls; ES: 68, 62; Vixen: SLVs; Baader: BCOs, Aspherics, Mark IV.
Diagonals: Baader: BBHS mirror, Zeiss Spec T2 prism, Clicklock dielectric; TeleVue: Evebrite dielectric; AltairAstro: 2" prism.
Filters: Lumicon: DeepSky, UHC, OIII, H-beta; Baader: Moon & SkyGlow, Contrast Booster, UHC-S, 6-color set; Astronomik: UHC.
Solar: HA: Lunt 50mm single stack, W/L: Meade Herschel wedge.

Observing: DSOs: 3106 (Completed: Messier, Herschel 1, 2, 3. In progress: H2,500: 2180, S110: 77). Doubles: 2437, Comets: 34, Asteroids: 257
scribbly Australia
Mars Ambassador

TSS Awards Badges

TSS Photo of the Day

Post by scribbly »

Hi,
thanks for the comments and encouragement! As for moving to Oz; the more the merrier, and don't worry about work, we have as many jobs as we do unemployed. For me, I don't want to wish away time but I would be happy to add +1 to the non-working Australians (retire) and take photos and star gaze.

It however looks like it might be a while before I get another image; it just keeps raining here, for a year now, and more to come. Massive floods right up and down the east coast, again.
Telescopes: Takahashi TSA120; Genstar 10" (Barry Arnold optics), Skywatcher ST80 (guide)
Eyepieces: Televue Nagler 7/11/22mm, Takahashi LE50mm, Denkmieir 14mm, Andrews (Moonfish) 30mm
Cameras: Canon EOS RP, Player One Neptune-C II Planetary (IMX464), QHY Polemaster
Lenses: Canon 300mm F4 L, Tamron 24-70mm G2 F2.8, Samyang 14mm F2.8, Rokinon 8mm
Ylem United States of America
Universal Ambassador

TSS Photo of the Day

Post by Ylem »

That's beautiful Phil!
Clear Skies,
-Jeff :telescopewink:

Member; ASTRA-NJ

Orion 80ED
Celestron C5, 6SE, Celestar 8
Vixen Porta Mount ll
Coronado PST
A big box of Plossls
Little box of filters
:D

Makuser United States of America
In Memory
In Memory

TSS Awards Badges

TSS Photo of the Day

Post by Makuser »

Hi Phil. Wow, this is a beautiful nightscape image. You have excellent contrast and details in both the sky and the foreground. Thanks for sharing this with us on here Phil and you should be very proud of this fine capture.
Marshall
Sky-Watcher 90mm f/13.8 Maksutov-Cassegrain on motorized Multimount
Orion Astroview 120ST f/5 Refractor on EQ3 mount
Celestron Comet Catcher 140mm f/3.64 Schmidt-Newtonian on alt-az mount
Celestron Omni XLT150R f/5 Refractor on CG4 mount with dual axis drives.
Orion 180mm f/15 Maksutov-Cassegrain on CG5-GT Goto mount.
Orion XT12i 12" f/4.9 Dobsonian Intelliscope.
Kamakura 7x35 Binoculars and Celestron SkyMaster 15x70 Binoculars. ZWO ASI 120MC camera.
>)))))*>
scribbly Australia
Mars Ambassador

TSS Awards Badges

TSS Photo of the Day

Post by scribbly »

Thanks, Marshall. You are always so supportive of all images, with excellent technical advice on what we are doing right. And yes, I have been working on how high/low key the various areas of my nightscape images should be, and how that affects contrast and the neutrality of the greys.
Makuser wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 4:29 pm Hi Phil. Wow, this is a beautiful nightscape image. You have excellent contrast and details in both the sky and the foreground. Thanks for sharing this with us on here Phil and you should be very proud of this fine capture.
messier 111 Canada
Universal Ambassador

TSS Awards Badges

Post by messier 111 »

very nice arch , thx .
I LOVE REFRACTORS , :Astronomer1: :sprefac:

REFRACTOR , TS-Optics Doublet SD-APO 125 mm f/7.8 . Lunt 80mm MT Ha Doublet Refractor .

EYEPIECES, Delos , Delite and 26mm Nagler t5 , 2 zoom Svbony 7-21 , Orion Premium Linear BinoViewer .

FILTER , Nebustar 2 tele vue . Apm solar wedge . contrast booster 2 inches .

Mounts , cg-4 motorized , eq6 pro belt drive .

“Your assumptions are your windows on the world. Scrub them off every once in a while, or the light won't come in.”
― Isaac Asimov

Jean-Yves :flags-canada: