New telescope

Discuss what equipment, AP Software, AP Apps you are using.
Richard South Africa
Milky Way Ambassador
Articles: 0

Re: New telescope

Post by Richard »

I used to have a WO 80 Zenithstar the blue one its made great fantastic focuser , but a friend had a SW 102 ed which blew it away , same price here , in my country the WO scopes are just overpriced Here is a picture in comparing it with a 80mm celestron relatively cheap scope
Attachments
WO next to celestron.jpg
Reflectors GSO 200 Dobs
Refractors None
SCT C5 on a SLT mount
Mak 150 Bosma on a EQ5
chris_g United States of America
Orion Spur Ambassador
Articles: 0

TSS Awards Badges

TSS Photo of the Day

Re: New telescope

Post by chris_g »

OzEclipse wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 11:13 pm o as I see it, you are squeezed between a mount that places an upper limit on payload, and already owning a capable optic that suits your mounting. I have a suggestion. It’s above your stated budget, but take a look at the Sharpstar Hyperbolic astro graphs. 6” f2.8. Not sure how much they cost in your part of the world. The retail price in Australia converts to about UKP 1800 so you would have to wait and save up for the extra expense. The OTA weighs about 4.5kg and with camera and small guider would sit well on your current mounting. This is probably the biggest aperture astrograph you can place on your mount and carry securely for AP.
@Mirrorgirl

I've seen these OTA's. Actually, in stock too, they are nice scopes, really wide field! And super-fast that supports full frame, if and whenever you decided to upgrade your camera. Save your pennies, I wouldn't swap an OTA for another OTA of the same aperture for any reason, unless I was willing to sell the first one, but that's me. Good luck!

https://agenaastro.com/sharpstar-130mm- ... color=6323
Image Cam: Canon 6D (Ha mod), 600D (Stock), SVBony SV405CC
Image OTA: EvoStar ED80, WO Z73, C8-A XLT
Mount: EQ6-R Pro Pier, AZ-EQ5 Pro Pier
Guide OTA: Orion 60mm, WO 32mm, ZWO OAG, SV501P
Guide Cam: ZWO 120mm, 290mm mini
EAA OTA: Orion ST80
EAA Cam: SVBony SV705C
EP: Baader Hyperion Modular Set
Filters: L-Pro Canon EOS C, L-eNhance, L-Pro, Optolong Ha 7mm, Optolong Oiii 6.5mm, Optolong Sii 6.5mm, ES H-Beta
Session Control: Mini PC/Win11 Pro, APT 4.1, PHD2 2.6.10
Processing: PixInsight, DSS 4.2.6, Adobe PS CC, Astronomy Tools Action Set, Star Spikes Pro