AZ-GTi with NINA

Discuss Skywatcher mounts.
hatflyer
Mars Ambassador
Articles: 0

AZ-GTi with NINA

Post by hatflyer »

I have not aligned my mount yet. Just tinkering. In NINA, it shows a current RA and DEC which is not accurate. Does star alignment with Synscan fix that?
Bigzmey United States of America
Articles: 8

TSS Awards Badges

Re: AZ-GTi with NINA

Post by Bigzmey »

I don't know NINA, but from the experience with other apps you need to complete alignment using Synscan Pro first and make sure that the scope is tracking.

Also, it is better to use Synscan Pro (not Synscan) for EQ mode.
Scopes: Stellarvue: SV102ED; Celestron: 9.25" EdgeHD, 8" SCT, 150ST, Onyx 80ED; iOptron: Hankmeister 6" Mak; SW: 7" Mak; Meade: 80ST.
Mounts: SW: SkyTee2, AzGTi; iOptron: AZMP; ES: Twilight I; Bresser: EXOS2; UA: MicroStar.
Binos: APM: 100-90 APO; Canon: IS 15x50; Orion: Binoviewer, LG II 15x70, WV 10x50, Nikon: AE 16x50, 10x50, 8x40.
EPs: Pentax: XWs & XFs; TeleVue: Delites, Panoptic & Plossls; ES: 68, 62; Vixen: SLVs; Baader: BCOs, Aspherics, Mark IV.
Diagonals: Baader: BBHS mirror, Zeiss Spec T2 prism, Clicklock dielectric; TeleVue: Evebrite dielectric; AltairAstro: 2" prism.
Filters: Lumicon: DeepSky, UHC, OIII, H-beta; Baader: Moon & SkyGlow, Contrast Booster, UHC-S, 6-color set; Astronomik: UHC.

Observing: DSOs: 3106 (Completed: Messier, Herschel 1, 2, 3. In progress: H2,500: 2180, S110: 77). Doubles: 2382, Comets: 34, Asteroids: 255
hatflyer
Mars Ambassador

Post by hatflyer »

Bigzmey wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 8:21 pm I don't know NINA, but from the experience with other apps you need to complete alignment using Synscan Pro first and make sure that the scope is tracking.

What does the Pro version do that the regular doesn't?

Thanks.
Bigzmey United States of America
Articles: 8

TSS Awards Badges

Post by Bigzmey »

hatflyer wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 8:28 pm
Bigzmey wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 8:21 pm I don't know NINA, but from the experience with other apps you need to complete alignment using Synscan Pro first and make sure that the scope is tracking.

What does the Pro version do that the regular doesn't?

Thanks.
Both versions are free. Not sure what are intended differences (they look the same to me) but feedback on forums that Pro handles EQ mode better (less crashes, weird behavior, etc).
Scopes: Stellarvue: SV102ED; Celestron: 9.25" EdgeHD, 8" SCT, 150ST, Onyx 80ED; iOptron: Hankmeister 6" Mak; SW: 7" Mak; Meade: 80ST.
Mounts: SW: SkyTee2, AzGTi; iOptron: AZMP; ES: Twilight I; Bresser: EXOS2; UA: MicroStar.
Binos: APM: 100-90 APO; Canon: IS 15x50; Orion: Binoviewer, LG II 15x70, WV 10x50, Nikon: AE 16x50, 10x50, 8x40.
EPs: Pentax: XWs & XFs; TeleVue: Delites, Panoptic & Plossls; ES: 68, 62; Vixen: SLVs; Baader: BCOs, Aspherics, Mark IV.
Diagonals: Baader: BBHS mirror, Zeiss Spec T2 prism, Clicklock dielectric; TeleVue: Evebrite dielectric; AltairAstro: 2" prism.
Filters: Lumicon: DeepSky, UHC, OIII, H-beta; Baader: Moon & SkyGlow, Contrast Booster, UHC-S, 6-color set; Astronomik: UHC.

Observing: DSOs: 3106 (Completed: Messier, Herschel 1, 2, 3. In progress: H2,500: 2180, S110: 77). Doubles: 2382, Comets: 34, Asteroids: 255
Richard South Africa
Milky Way Ambassador

Post by Richard »

From what I Remember when I had a Skywatcher alt/Az go to mount and updated the firmware the so called PRO version was for both EQ and Alt/Az mounts the only difference when starting the mount after installation was one had to choose between the 2 , but that was like 3 years ago and as I have sold it not sure now
Reflectors GSO 200 Dobs
Refractors None
SCT C5 on a SLT mount
Mak 150 Bosma on a EQ5