New Star Reduction Tool For Pixinsight

Discuss how you are able to get those fantastic images!!!
Juno16 United States of America
Universal Ambassador
Articles: 0

TSS Awards Badges

TSS Photo of the Day

Re: New Star Reduction Tool For Pixinsight

Post by Juno16 »

Larry 1969 wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 4:40 pm I watched a YT video about setting up StarNet to work with PI but I'm still getting errors...
The video showed 2 separate .pb files for weights. 1 for RGB and 1 for grayscale. I could only see 1 file called starnet2 weights.pb so I placed that in the PI "Library" folder and set the directory accordingly but I get this error..

Screenshot (70).png

Thanks again!

Larry
Hi Larry, @Larry 1969

I don't use Starnet 2. I use StarXterminator. I did have Starnet 2 installed, but a PI upgrade must have removed it.

So, I just re-installed Starnet 2.

Go here: starnetastro.com. Go to the download page and download the Pixinsight Plugin.
Capture.PNG
Extract all of the files in the compressed folder and copy all of the extracted files. Paste the copied files in the "Program Files\Pixinsight\bin folder".

Shut down PI and restart (if PI was already running).

Choose Process, Modules, Install Modules.

Click Search. PI should find one module (Starnet2).

Click on the module, then click Install. Starnet 2 should be found in the Process, All Processes list now.

FYI, if you download and extract the files, read the file "Readme.txt". The installation process is explained there.

Good luck!
Jim

Scopes: Explore Scientific ED102 APO, Sharpstar 61 EDPH II APO, Samyang 135 F2 (still on the Nikon).
Mount: Skywatcher HEQ5 Pro with Rowan Belt Mod
Stuff: ASI EAF Focus Motor (x2), ZWO OAG, ZWO 30 mm Guide Scope, ASI 220mm min, ASI 120mm mini, Stellarview 0.8 FR/FF, Sharpstar 0.8 FR/FF, Mele Overloock 3C.
Camera/Filters/Software: ASI 533 mc pro, ASI 120mm mini, ASI 220mm mini , IDAS LPS D-1, Optolong L-Enhance, ZWO UV/IR Cut, N.I.N.A., Green Swamp Server, PHD2, Adobe Photoshop CC, Pixinsight.
Dog and best bud: Jack
Sky: Bortle 6-7
My Astrobin: https://www.astrobin.com/users/Juno16/
Larry 1969 United States of America
Milky Way Ambassador

TSS Photo of the Day

Post by Larry 1969 »

Juno16 wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 7:55 pm
Hi Larry, @Larry 1969

I don't use Starnet 2. I use StarXterminator. I did have Starnet 2 installed, but a PI upgrade must have removed it.

Go here: starnetastro.com. Go to the download page and download the Pixinsight Plugin.

Capture.PNG

Extract all of the files in the compressed folder and copy all of the extracted files. Paste the copied files in the "Program Files\Pixinsight\bin folder".

Click on the module, then click Install. Starnet 2 should be found in the Process, All Processes list now.

FYI, if you download and extract the files, read the file "Readme.txt". The installation process is explained there.

Good luck!
Thanks Jim!
AstroBee was kind enough to try to walk me through this over a Zoom meeting. I preformed all of the steps you outlined and, when I have PI search for new modules, 0 are found. We are thinking that possibly plugins don't work with the trial version??? I can't confirm this though...

Larry
For visual:
10" Skywatcher collapsible goto dob, various EP's and a Celestron StarSense auto align.

For imaging:
Orion 8" astrograph 800mm @ F3.9
Eq6-R Pro controlled by APT via EQmod with an OTA mounted mini PC
Tele Vue Paracorr Type 2 coma corrector
Altair Hypercam 26C
Juno16 United States of America
Universal Ambassador

TSS Awards Badges

TSS Photo of the Day

Post by Juno16 »

Larry 1969 wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 8:48 pm
Juno16 wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 7:55 pm
Hi Larry, @Larry 1969

Capture.PNG

Good luck!
Thanks Jim!
AstroBee was kind enough to try to walk me through this over a Zoom meeting. I preformed all of the steps you outlined and, when I have PI search for new modules, 0 are found. We are thinking that possibly plugins don't work with the trial version??? I can't confirm this though...

Larry
Hi Larry, @Larry 1969

Just checking. You did download and install the Pixinsight plugin??

The only reason that I ask is because in my haste, I downloaded the Windows Graphical Interface the first time and PI could not find any new modules. I went back and downloaded the Pixinsight plugin (circled in red in the image from the previous post) and PI found the Starnet 2 module (of course, after copying and pasting the new extracted files in the "BIN" folder.

Just want to make sure that you didn't make the same mistake as I did.

I really don't think that the PI trial is limited in any way besides days of use.
Jim

Scopes: Explore Scientific ED102 APO, Sharpstar 61 EDPH II APO, Samyang 135 F2 (still on the Nikon).
Mount: Skywatcher HEQ5 Pro with Rowan Belt Mod
Stuff: ASI EAF Focus Motor (x2), ZWO OAG, ZWO 30 mm Guide Scope, ASI 220mm min, ASI 120mm mini, Stellarview 0.8 FR/FF, Sharpstar 0.8 FR/FF, Mele Overloock 3C.
Camera/Filters/Software: ASI 533 mc pro, ASI 120mm mini, ASI 220mm mini , IDAS LPS D-1, Optolong L-Enhance, ZWO UV/IR Cut, N.I.N.A., Green Swamp Server, PHD2, Adobe Photoshop CC, Pixinsight.
Dog and best bud: Jack
Sky: Bortle 6-7
My Astrobin: https://www.astrobin.com/users/Juno16/
Milky Way Ambassador

TSS Photo of the Day

Post by Larry 1969 »

Juno16 wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 9:03 pm
Hi Larry, @Larry 1969

Just checking. You did download and install the Pixinsight plugin??

The only reason that I ask is because in my haste, I downloaded the Windows Graphical Interface the first time and PI could not find any new modules. I went back and downloaded the Pixinsight plugin (circled in red in the image from the previous post) and PI found the Starnet 2 module (of course, after copying and pasting the new extracted files in the "BIN" folder.

Just want to make sure that you didn't make the same mistake as I did.

I really don't think that the PI trial is limited in any way besides days of use.
I think you may be onto something here. I'm going to go back and try again.
Thanks a lot Jim!

Larry
For visual:
10" Skywatcher collapsible goto dob, various EP's and a Celestron StarSense auto align.

For imaging:
Altair Hypercam 26C
Milky Way Ambassador

TSS Photo of the Day

Post by Larry 1969 »

Well, that was it.. I had downloaded the Windows GUI instead of the PI plugin... I have it installed and it's working nicely.

Thanks to all of you for the help!!!

Larry
For visual:

For imaging:
Altair Hypercam 26C
AstroBee United States of America

TSS Awards Badges

TSS Photo of the Day

Post by AstroBee »

Excellent! I can't believe I didn't think to ask you that earlier today. It's been so long by since I installed it that I forgot the download page was a bit confusing.
Greg M.~ "Ad Astra per Aspera"
Scopes: Celestron EdgeHD14", Explore Scientific ED152CF & ED127 APO's, StellarVue SV70T, Classic Orange-Tube C-8, Lunt 80mm Ha double-stack solar scope.
Mounts: Astro-Physics Mach One, iOptron CEM70EC Mount, iOptron ZEQ25 Mount.
Cameras: ZWO ASI2600mm Pro, ZWO 2600MC Pro, ZWO ASI1600mm
Filters: 36mm Chroma LRGB & 3nm Ha, OIII, SII, L-Pro, L-eXtreme
Eyepieces: 27mm TeleVue Panoptic, 4mm TeleVue Radian, Explore Scientific 82° 30mm, 6.7mm , Baader 13mm Hyperion, Explore Scientific 70° 10mm, 15mm, 20mm, Meade 8.8mm UWA
Software: N.I.N.A., SharpCapPro, PixInsight, PhotoShop CC, Phd2, Stellarium
https://www.nevadadesertskies.com
Milky Way Ambassador

TSS Photo of the Day

Post by Larry 1969 »

AstroBee wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 1:36 am Excellent! I can't believe I didn't think to ask you that earlier today. It's been so long by since I installed it that I forgot the download page was a bit confusing.
Thanks again for all your help. Sorry to waste your time.... I'm looking forward to experimenting with some of the features!

Larry
For visual:

For imaging:
Altair Hypercam 26C