British Astronomy Association meeting

For Star Parties located in the UK & Ireland.
Gordon
Site Admin
Articles: 876

TSS Awards Badges

TSS Photo of the Day

I Broke The Forum.

British Astronomy Association meeting

Post by Gordon »

The next British Astronomy Association meeting is a larger 3 day event in Elgin, Scotland. This is an ideal opportunity to visit one of the more remote parts of the United Kingdom – you’ll need to fly into Edinburgh and then hire a car. Not only is there a fantastic speaker line up, but you’ll have the unique experience of combining astronomy and a whiskey distillery excursion! We hope to see you there.

Preliminary schedule
Friday 19:00 until 21:30
Friday evening lecture will be given by Dr John Mason

Saturday Doors 10:00 until 18:00
Dennis Buczynski – “Non Professional Comet Observing and Discovery Today” This talk will look at the activities, practices and opportunities for comet observers and discoverers in this age of electronic observing. The role of the non-professional still has a significant role to play in cometary science.
Lyn Smith – Our Red Sun
Prof Clare Parnell – “Our Magnetic Sun and it’s Influence Across the Solar System”
Sandra Brantingham: Aurora
Nick James – Monitoring the night sky with video cameras
Paul Abel – Mercury & Venus

Sunday 10:00 until 12:30
An opportunity to join a guided tour around Elgin and possible a distillery organized by members of our host society.

For more information: https://britastro.org/event/elgin-2022
Gordon
Scopes: Explore Scientific ED80CF, Skywatcher 254N, Mounts: Orion Atlas EQ-g mount & Skywatcher EQ5 Pro. Skywatcher EQ5pro mount. ZWO mini guider. Image camera: ZWO ASI1600 MM Cool, ZWO ASI533mc-Pro, ZWO ASI174mm-C (for use with my Quark chromosphere), ZWO ASI120MC Filters: LRGB, Ha 7nm, O-III 7nm, S-II 7nm Eyepieces: a few, Primary software: Cartes du Ciel, N.I.N.A, StarTools V1.4.