Lack of Infocus with Baader Wedge and Tak76DS?

Discuss solar related topics.
Cliff
Moon Ambassador
Articles: 0

TSS Photo of the Day

Lack of Infocus with Baader Wedge and Tak76DS?

Post by Cliff »

Well the Sun's shining at last here in Sydney, finally received my Baader Herschel Wedge after over 6months. Images Looks pretty sharp

Only to find I can just reach focus but not through it with my Tak76DS with the focuser hard up against the scope. Hoping there is an easy way to fix it just need a 10-20mm extra would be nice. I thought of adding a 2X telecentric lens in front of the wedge like I do with my Combo Quark but without a diagonal in that case.

This is all visual at the moment haven't tried a camera will try the 174mm maybe tomorrow.

Appreciate any ideas or maybe an alternative scope that will give enough infocus.

Cliff
Cliff

Scopes Meade LT6 6" ACF SCT, Tak 76DS , Tak 106ED, Vixen VMC200L
Mounts Vixen SXD2
Camera ZWO533MC, ZWO178mc, ZWO174mm, ZWO120mm-s, QHY163C, QHY163M
Access Combo Quark, ES2X, 4X PM, 5X PM
Lady Fraktor Slovakia
Co-Administrator
Co-Administrator

Re: Lack of Infocus with Baader Wedge and Tak76DS?

Post by Lady Fraktor »

That is a bit strange, I use a 80mm f/6.9 with a Baader Herschel wedge without issue.
Do you have a extension tube or a barlow with a removable lens cell to give some distance?
See Far Sticks: Antares Elita 103/1575, AOM FLT 105/1000, Bresser BV 127/1200, Nočný stopár 152/1200, Vyrobené doma 70/700, Stellarvue NHNG DX 80/552, TAL RS100/1000, Vixen SD115s/885
EQ: TAL MT-1, Vixen SXP, AXJ, AXD
Az/Alt: AYO Digi II/ Argo Navis, Stellarvue M2C/ Argo Navis
Tripods: Berlebach Planet (2), Uni 28 Astro, Report 372, TAL factory maple, Vixen ASG-CB90, Vixen AXD-TR102
Diagonals: Astro-Physics, Baader Amici, Baader Herschel, iStar Blue, Stellarvue DX, Takahashi prism, TAL, Vixen flip mirror
Eyepieces: Antares to Zeiss
The only culture I have is from yogurt
My day was going well until... people
Cliff
Moon Ambassador

TSS Photo of the Day

Post by Cliff »

Had a ES80ED but sold it it might have worked. Seems all scopes are not created equal or wedges apparently a Lunt 2" Wedge will work well with my Tak76DS. But I bought the Baader which i thought was supposed to be the best.
I need to get in closer so extension tube won't help , chatting with others on CloudyNights agreed with me that a ES2X Extender should work and one guy with a APM wedge does just that, others say it will shatter utter nonsense I use one or a 4X Powermate with my Combo Quark all the time.

Other options are to replace the 2" Clicklock with a T2 adapter and a 1.25" T2 Clicklock

Hopefully try it out tomorrow if the Sun co-operates. Haven't seen a lot . Been Cloudy and Stormy for months.
Cliff

Scopes Meade LT6 6" ACF SCT, Tak 76DS , Tak 106ED, Vixen VMC200L
Mounts Vixen SXD2
Camera ZWO533MC, ZWO178mc, ZWO174mm, ZWO120mm-s, QHY163C, QHY163M
Access Combo Quark, ES2X, 4X PM, 5X PM
Cliff
Moon Ambassador

TSS Photo of the Day

Post by Cliff »

Just a quick follow-up managed to get the Baader wedge in focus , putting the ES 2X and a 2" extension tube in front of the wedge, Nice sharp image both visually and with the 174mm camera. Absolutely no heating issue of the 2X extender after several hours.

Here's my first attempt seeing not great stacked but no other processing

https://telescopius.com/pictures/view/116011