QHY Polemaster Lag!

Discuss what equipment, AP Software, AP Apps you are using.
UlteriorModem
Local Group Ambassador
Articles: 0

TSS Photo of the Day

QHY Polemaster Lag!

Post by UlteriorModem »

I used the QHY Polemaster last night for the first time on my 'new' laptop, The new laptop runs Windoze 11 :shrug:

Wanted to check my PA since I haven't done so in a few months. It was pretty close but...

The pole master software 'worked' but wow the lag was really bad. At the part where you rotate the RA 30 degrees it probably took 2-5 seconds before it updated to show the new position.

Then where your supposed to put the green box over the red box by adjusting the mounts physical RA and Alt adjustments it was like .. Make a small adjustment, wait 2,3,4, make a small adjustment, wait 2,3,4. Rinse repeat.

Like I said it 'worked' but probably took at least as twice as long as it should have been taken.

Read somewhere that looping a video in the background helps.. I mean what in the??

Oh and forgot to mention I had one hell of a time with QNY's website. Evidently they 'forgot' to update their SSL certificate and I got all kinds of threat warnings! The website appears to be 'fixed' this morning, but just another brick in the frustration wall :)
Tom

Current Equipment:
Mount: Celestron CGX-L
Scope: 130mm f7 APO
Cam: ASI071mc-pro