Mirrorgirl Great Britain
Milky Way Ambassador
Articles: 0

TSS Awards Badges

TSS Photo of the Day

Another Pleiades m45

Post by Mirrorgirl »

Hi there

Here's another image of Pleiades...I stacked 90 out of 162 images guess most of them were bad..the images were of two separate nights stacked in DSS half iso 400 and rest iso 800 all 30 second exposures..I am still learning so if there is anything else I can do to improve this image please let me know.

Thanks
Rhoda
final image of pleades_edited_edited.jpg
Eqm35 Skywatcher mount..Skywatcher 80 ed telescope, 71 W/O GT ...bunch of eye pieces 25,mm 32mm etc...Nexter 4,se...385 mc Zwo camera, Zwo 183 colour cooled pro camera... Orion 80 ed...two compass...
Sky fi wireless telescope controller.. Rebel t3i.. light pollution L XTREME, Idas light pollution filter and Antlia 3nm gold, Antlia h alpha filter filter..other filters .. pixinsight .. startools..

:observatory: NONE :observatory:
messier 111 Canada
Universal Ambassador

TSS Awards Badges

Re: Another Pleiades m45

Post by messier 111 »

Your learning is going well, it's very nice, a very good start.
thx.
I LOVE REFRACTORS , :Astronomer1: :sprefac:

REFRACTOR , TS-Optics Doublet SD-APO 125 mm f/7.8 . Lunt 80mm MT Ha Doublet Refractor .

EYEPIECES, Delos , Delite and 26mm Nagler t5 , 2 zoom Svbony 7-21 , Orion Premium Linear BinoViewer .

FILTER , Nebustar 2 tele vue . Apm solar wedge . contrast booster 2 inches .

Mounts , berno mack 3 with telepod , cg-4 motorized , eq6 pro belt drive .

“Your assumptions are your windows on the world. Scrub them off every once in a while, or the light won't come in.”
― Isaac Asimov

Jean-Yves :flags-canada:
Mirrorgirl Great Britain
Milky Way Ambassador

TSS Awards Badges

TSS Photo of the Day

Post by Mirrorgirl »

Here's another image but converted to blue

Thanks
Rhoda
plaiades prosessed 1.jpg
Eqm35 Skywatcher mount..Skywatcher 80 ed telescope, 71 W/O GT ...bunch of eye pieces 25,mm 32mm etc...Nexter 4,se...385 mc Zwo camera, Zwo 183 colour cooled pro camera... Orion 80 ed...two compass...
Sky fi wireless telescope controller.. Rebel t3i.. light pollution L XTREME, Idas light pollution filter and Antlia 3nm gold, Antlia h alpha filter filter..other filters .. pixinsight .. startools..

Mirrorgirl Great Britain
Milky Way Ambassador

TSS Awards Badges

TSS Photo of the Day

Post by Mirrorgirl »

I think I like the first one

SkyHiker United States of America
Local Group Ambassador

TSS Awards Badges

TSS Photo of the Day

Post by SkyHiker »

The color balance looks off, looks like some processing error. I see a tear drop shape in some stars, which may be why DSS rejected a bunch. Can you post the Autosave.tif so we can check the first (easy) part?

If you stacked in DSS did you take the right Bayer mask? There's a list based on the camera model. That may cause color differences.

It would help greatly if you gave us all the details (raw or not, #biases, #flats, camera, important DSS settings, ...). Please fill out your signature with equipment listed.
... Henk. :D Telescopes: GSO 12" Astrograph, "Comet Hunter" MN152, ES ED127CF, ES ED80, WO Redcat51, Z12, AT6RC, Celestron Skymaster 20x80, Mounts and tripod: Losmandy G11S with OnStep, AVX, Tiltall, Cameras: ASI2600MC, ASI2600MM, ASI120 mini, Fuji X-a1, Canon XSi, T6, ELPH 100HS, DIY: OnStep controller, Pi4b/power rig, Afocal adapter, Foldable Dob base, Az/Alt Dob setting circles, Accessories: ZWO 36 mm filter wheel, TV Paracorr 2, Baader MPCC Mk III, ES FF, SSAG, QHY OAG-M, EAF electronic focuser, Plossls, Barlows, Telrad, Laser collimators (Seben LK1, Z12, Howie Glatter), Cheshire, 2 Orion RACIs 8x50, Software: KStars-Ekos, DSS, PHD2, Nebulosity, Photo Gallery, Gimp, CHDK, Computers:Pi4b, 2x running KStars/Ekos, Toshiba Satellite 17", Website:Henk's astro images
Mirrorgirl Great Britain
Milky Way Ambassador

TSS Awards Badges

TSS Photo of the Day

Post by Mirrorgirl »

Here is where I have tried to edit it abit more it's really hard to get it right
pleiades best.jpg

Mirrorgirl Great Britain
Milky Way Ambassador

TSS Awards Badges

TSS Photo of the Day

Post by Mirrorgirl »

Also the image shows up slot better on my computer than on here I don't know why?

MariusD69 Romania
Inter-Galactic Ambassador

TSS Photo of the Day

Post by MariusD69 »

Nice! Did you use flats correction into DSS stacking process? The field is pretty uneven. I see you have PI, did you use DBE for gradient correction? In order to remove the magenta tone (a lot of it), invert the image, apply SCNR then invert again. You will have something like this:
Attachments
Rhoda's Pleiades.jpg
Marius
Mount: iOpton Cem60, HEQ5-for spare
Scopes: newt SW 150/750PDS, dobson SW 150/1200; SW 114/500; TS Photoline 80mm f/6 Triplet APO; SW ST80
Cameras: ASI294MC Pro; ASI1600MM Pro; Atik 314L+mono; Canon 1100D; QHY5III-178m; QHY5L-II-m ; ASI224; Altair GPCAM 290M, GPCAM290C
Accessories: Baader MPCC; GPU KomakorrF4; TS Flat2; TS 0.79x FR/FF
Gordon United States of America
Site Admin
Site Admin
Articles: 1037

TSS Awards Badges

TSS Photo of the Day

I Broke The Forum.

Post by Gordon »

Congratulations Rhoda on having your image selected as todays TSS APOD!

app.php/article/11-25-2021-tss-astropho ... of-the-day
Gordon
Scopes: Explore Scientific ED80CF, Skywatcher 200 Quattro Imaging Newt, SeeStar S50 for EAA.
Mounts: Orion Atlas EQ-g mount & Skywatcher EQ5 Pro.
ZWO mini guider.
Image cameras: ZWO ASI1600 MM Cool, ZWO ASI533mc-Pro, ZWO ASI174mm-C (for use with my Quark chromosphere), ZWO ASI120MC
Filters: LRGB, Ha 7nm, O-III 7nm, S-II 7nm
Eyepieces: a few.
Primary software: Cartes du Ciel, N.I.N.A, StarTools V1.4.

SkyHiker United States of America
Local Group Ambassador

TSS Awards Badges

TSS Photo of the Day

Post by SkyHiker »

One thing I noticed is that the light is concentrated way below the center. That implies that there is too much slop in the focuser so check to see if you can make it tighter. Sometimes there are adjustment screws (can be well hidden), and adding an extender to get the inner tube under the screws can help sometimes. I also don't think you applied flats, from the look of it. Marius did a great job processing the colors.
... Henk. :D Telescopes: GSO 12" Astrograph, "Comet Hunter" MN152, ES ED127CF, ES ED80, WO Redcat51, Z12, AT6RC, Celestron Skymaster 20x80, Mounts and tripod: Losmandy G11S with OnStep, AVX, Tiltall, Cameras: ASI2600MC, ASI2600MM, ASI120 mini, Fuji X-a1, Canon XSi, T6, ELPH 100HS, DIY: OnStep controller, Pi4b/power rig, Afocal adapter, Foldable Dob base, Az/Alt Dob setting circles, Accessories: ZWO 36 mm filter wheel, TV Paracorr 2, Baader MPCC Mk III, ES FF, SSAG, QHY OAG-M, EAF electronic focuser, Plossls, Barlows, Telrad, Laser collimators (Seben LK1, Z12, Howie Glatter), Cheshire, 2 Orion RACIs 8x50, Software: KStars-Ekos, DSS, PHD2, Nebulosity, Photo Gallery, Gimp, CHDK, Computers:Pi4b, 2x running KStars/Ekos, Toshiba Satellite 17", Website:Henk's astro images
Ylem United States of America
Universal Ambassador

TSS Photo of the Day

Post by Ylem »

Congratulations on the well deserved APOD Rhoda!
Clear Skies,
-Jeff :telescopewink:

Member; ASTRA-NJ

Orion 80ED
Celestron C5, 6SE, Celestar 8
Vixen Porta Mount ll
Coronado PST
A big box of Plossls
Little box of filters
:D

Makuser United States of America
In Memory
In Memory

TSS Awards Badges

TSS Photo of the Day

Post by Makuser »

Hi Rhoda. A very nice image of "The Seven Sisters", my favorite DSO object. And you have a good capture of the Merope blue reflection nebula. Thanks for sharing this work with us Rhoda and congratulations on receiving the TSS APOD Award.
Marshall
Sky-Watcher 90mm f/13.8 Maksutov-Cassegrain on motorized Multimount
Orion Astroview 120ST f/5 Refractor on EQ3 mount
Celestron Comet Catcher 140mm f/3.64 Schmidt-Newtonian on alt-az mount
Celestron Omni XLT150R f/5 Refractor on CG4 mount with dual axis drives.
Orion 180mm f/15 Maksutov-Cassegrain on CG5-GT Goto mount.
Orion XT12i 12" f/4.9 Dobsonian Intelliscope.
Kamakura 7x35 Binoculars and Celestron SkyMaster 15x70 Binoculars. ZWO ASI 120MC camera.
>)))))*>
helicon United States of America
Co-Administrator
Co-Administrator
Articles: 585

TSS Awards Badges

Post by helicon »

Nice pic Rhoda
-Michael
Refractors: ES AR152 f/6.5 Achromat on Twilight II, Celestron 102mm XLT f/9.8 on Celestron Heavy Duty Alt Az mount, KOWA 90mm spotting scope
Binoculars: Celestron SkyMaster 15x70, Bushnell 10x50
Eyepieces: Various, GSO Superview, 9mm Plossl, Celestron 25mm Plossl
Camera: ZWO ASI 120
Naked Eye: Two Eyeballs
Latitude: 48.7229° N
STEVE333 United States of America
Inter-Galactic Ambassador

TSS Awards Badges

TSS Photo of the Day

Post by STEVE333 »

Hi Rhoda - You're off to a good start! I'll give you the same advice I give to everyone just starting with PixInsight. There is a website called Harry's Astroshed. Harry has many free tutorials showing how to get started with PixInsight. Each one is typically only 5 or 10 minutes and only covers one topic in each tutorial. That makes them easy to follow. I used them when I started and they helped me a lot. I strongly recommend them. The link below takes you to the website. I recommend starting with the NEWBIES first then on to INTERMEDIATE.

https://www.harrysastroshed.com/Pixinsighthome.html

The second tutorial in NEWBIES is PREPROCESSING. If you want to continue stacking in DSS then you can skip the PREPROCESSING video. It shows how to use the PixInsight BatchPreprocessing script to do the stacking.

Good luck,

Steve
Steve King: Light Pollution (Bortle 5)
Telescope + Mount + Guiding: W.O. Star71-ii + iOptron CEM40 EC + Orion Magnificent Mini AutoGuider
Camera: ASI 1600MM Pro + EFW Filter Wheel + Chroma 3nm Siii, Ha, Oiii + ZWO LRGB Filters
Software: PHD2; APT; PixInsight ***** My AP website: www.steveking.pictures
Graeme1858 Great Britain
Co-Administrator
Co-Administrator
Articles: 1

TSS Awards Badges

TSS Photo of the Day

I Broke The Forum.

Post by Graeme1858 »

I like your third process best too! Really nice.

Images displayed in posts are reduced resolution to save bandwidth but if you click on any forum posted image you get a better resolution.

Congratulations on the APOD!

Regards

Graeme
APM 11x70 ED APO Binoculars.

https://www.averywayobservatory.co.uk/
Butterfly Maiden Great Britain
Local Group Ambassador

TSS Photo of the Day

Post by Butterfly Maiden »

Hello Rhoda, your determination to get your images looking as best as possible is admirable, and it seems to be paying off.

Congratulations on receiving the TSS APOD award :smile:
Vanessa

Nikon D82 Fieldscope with 30x/45x/56x angled eyepiece.
Olympus DPS-1 10x50 binoculars.
Leica 8x32BN binoculars.