First telescope advice please

We all started somewhere! We are a friendly bunch! Most of your questions can be posted here, but if you are interested in Astrophotography please use the new Beginner Astrophotography forum. The response time will be much better.
Butterfly Maiden Great Britain
Local Group Ambassador
Articles: 0

TSS Photo of the Day

First telescope advice please

Post by Butterfly Maiden »

A while back (not long after I joined the Forum actually) I posed the question about suitable telescopes for beginners to start off with.

I can't remember the section I posted it in, and checking the 'Telescopes' forum section it is split between Refractor, Reflector and Catadioptric. But I don't know which one I want to go for so I couldn't post in any of those. If there is a more suitable location for my enquiry then Mods please move it.

I recall that Gabrielle was very helpful with her advice when we exchanged a few PMs about this, but I can't find those PMs - sorry Gabrielle :oops:

Anyway, basically I am looking for a lightweight telescope (not large in size) that Sophia and I can carry with us in the car to go into the Forest to view the sky at different locations ( as well as from our home) and is easy to set up. I don't want to have a laptop to control anything.

Primarily, we are wanting to look at the Moon, and the nearest Constellations. DSOs will not be a consideration at this time.

Once a suitable make of telescope has been whittled down, eyepieces are going to be important too. From reading other posts on the forum there are so many choices available, that it becomes mind-boggling. A wide field of view seems to be a good consideration, so I suppose the widest possible maybe ?

As regards cost, then here the minefield begins. We don't have a specific cost in mind at the moment. We don't want to spend thousands of Pounds (Sterling) if it can be avoided.

Also, an equatorial mount will likely to be put into the mix for consideration to be able to track the stars properly.

I am not speaking with any sort of expertise here with regards to the equipment required, I am just recalling pieces of information I have gleaned from reading previous posts about 'starting out' telescopes.

I just wanted to specify our requirements at this point so we can decide on our best options.

Please don't be too technical with any advice you can give us, as it would probably just go over our heads :roll:
Vanessa

Nikon D82 Fieldscope with 30x/45x/56x angled eyepiece.
Olympus DPS-1 10x50 binoculars.
Leica 8x32BN binoculars.
Gfamily Wales
Saturn Ambassador

Re: First telescope advice please

Post by Gfamily »

A quick point worth noting is that you don't need to have an equatorial mount to be able to track the stars. There are excellent Alt Az mounts that will allow tracking and are generally simpler to set up.

I would highly recommend getting a SkyWatcher AZ Gti (or AZ GTe) mount and tripod and something like an ST80 telescope to go with it. These are quite compact and light, and very easy to set up.
They use an app on your phone instead of a handset, so you do need to go out with a fully charged battery, but the app is great for helping you find things.
Mount and Tripod about £340
ST 80 Telescope about £120 - though you'll want a 90 degree diagonal as well
You'll also need a battery pack of some sort.

You can also link up the mounts to a couple of the good Planetarium apps - Sky Safari Plus works very very well with it (it also works with Stellarium Plus, but Sky Safari does it much better).With these, you can find something on the Planetarium app, and the app will tell the telescope to point to it. I find that the mount is very good at getting the target very close to the centre of the field of view - particularly when using a lightweight scope.

As for what eyepieces to get - I always start with a 32mm eyepiece as this gives a good wide view, so you get to see the widest field - which will allow you to centre the target more easily. You might want to consider a zoom eyepiece as well - there's a very good value SVBONY 7-21mm zoom that is not too heavy ( they also do an 8-24mm zoom that is almost twice the weight). They are certainly good enough to start with (in my view).

Do you already have a pair of binoculars? They can be a great low-cost way of exploring the night sky.
LS8 Meade SCT, SW 127 Mak, 72mm Lightwave Refractor
Star Adventurer
AZ Gti mount
www.midcheshireastro.co.uk for astro company
Ruud
Orion Spur Ambassador

Post by Ruud »

There are some pretty nice 80mm refractors around. My initial thoughts are that should I have your wish list, I'd buy an 80mm doublet ED semi-APO on a beefy version of an EQ3 mount (I think they're called EQ3-ii). I'd go for non motorised. Rough polar alignment works quite well visually. A nice right-angle 6x30 finder would be nice. I'd want a few decent eyepieces too.

For constellation viewing I would choose 6x30 binoculars with a true field of about 11°. Actually, I'm going to see if anything interesting is available. I used 4x22s before but one of the prisms broke. They were cheap but gave really nice 17° views.
7x50 Helios Apollo 8x42 Bresser Everest 73mm f/5.9 WO APO 4" f/5 TeleVue Genesis 6" f/10 Celestron 6SE 0.63x reducer 1.8, 2, 2.5 and 3x Barlows eyepieces from 4.5 to 34mm
Bigzmey United States of America
Articles: 8

TSS Awards Badges

Post by Bigzmey »

Sounds like you want grab and go. Easy to setup and carry and suitable for wide variety of targets. I believe a small 80mm-102mm refractor or even short tube 120mm refractor on AltAz mount is the best option. You just need to decide weather you want to learn to find the targets manually or use GoTo.

Nothing wrong with equatorial mount if you want to give it a shot. But for visual (not AP) AZ mounts have several advantages over EQ. AZ tend to be lighter and more compact, they keep EP and finder at fixed angle which is very convenient for visual. With EQ mounts the angle of EP and finder change depending on the target coordinates, you need to keep rotating your diagonal and finder (or scope within the rings).

Advantage of manual EQ is easier one hand tracking and easy way to required target which shifted away due to sky rotation. To me fixed EP/finder position and more natural vertical/horizontal movement outweigh advantages of EQ. But you may decide otherwise.

If you decide to go with GoTo setup for visual AZ mounts have all the advantages over EQ. For AP is the other way around.
Scopes: Stellarvue: SV102ED; Celestron: 9.25" EdgeHD, 8" SCT, 150ST, Onyx 80ED; iOptron: Hankmeister 6" Mak; SW: 7" Mak; Meade: 80ST.
Mounts: SW: SkyTee2, AzGTi; iOptron: AZMP; ES: Twilight I; Bresser: EXOS2; UA: MicroStar.
Binos: APM: 100-90 APO; Canon: IS 15x50; Orion: Binoviewer, LG II 15x70, WV 10x50, Nikon: AE 16x50, 10x50, 8x40.
EPs: Pentax: XWs & XFs; TeleVue: Delites, Panoptic & Plossls; ES: 68, 62; Vixen: SLVs; Baader: BCOs, Aspherics, Mark IV.
Diagonals: Baader: BBHS mirror, Zeiss Spec T2 prism, Clicklock dielectric; TeleVue: Evebrite dielectric; AltairAstro: 2" prism.
Filters: Lumicon: DeepSky, UHC, OIII, H-beta; Baader: Moon & SkyGlow, Contrast Booster, UHC-S, 6-color set; Astronomik: UHC.

Observing: DSOs: 3106 (Completed: Messier, Herschel 1, 2, 3. In progress: H2,500: 2180, S110: 77). Doubles: 2382, Comets: 34, Asteroids: 255
Local Group Ambassador

TSS Photo of the Day

Great advice so far, for which I thank you.

I actually have two pairs of binoculars - 8x30 and 10x50.

Both are okay but I don't have any mounts for them to attach to a tripod, so they get a bit tiring on the arms after a while. Not ideal for long sessions.

I will make a note of all models of telescopes that get suggested and do more research into them later on :smile:
Vanessa

Leica 8x32BN binoculars.
Jnicholes United States of America
Pluto Ambassador

TSS Awards Badges

TSS Photo of the Day

Post by Jnicholes »

I have an 80mm refractor myself. Its pretty light. Easy for me to carry around and transport.

80mm refractors are GREAT for looking at the moon, in my own opinion. Also good with planets. I can make out Jupiter's moons easily on mine.

I would start with an 80mm refractor, as others have recommended.

As for an eyepiece, I am not sure, don't have much experience with eyepieces. I only have one, a zoom eyepiece I use for all purpose astronomy. HOWEVER, a lunar filter might be needed for looking at the moon. It cuts down the light, making it easier to look at through a telescope. The filter screws onto the eyepiece easily.

Jared
Celestron Nexstar 8SE Schmidt Cassegrain Telescope
25mm plossl Eyepiece
Goto mount
Iphone 11 Nightcap app Camera

"Our minds are finite, and yet even in these circumstances of finitude we are surrounded by possibilities that are infinite, and the purpose of life is to grasp as much as we can out of that infinitude."

Alfred North Whitehead
Gordon United States of America
Site Admin
Site Admin
Articles: 1037

TSS Awards Badges

TSS Photo of the Day

I Broke The Forum.

Post by Gordon »

Let me put my 2 cents in (shows how much it's worth).

I have 5 telescopes, 3 mounts, 2 pair of binos and I couldn't even begin to say how many eye pieces. Much of my work is now done with cameras so I use much more that I could carry any distance.

Now on to my advise.

Keep it simple. If I'm just going to visually see something, I grab an old Bushnell 76mm Newtonian StarSeeker, they don't make them anymore but Celestron has on that's similar https://www.amazon.com/Celestron-21044- ... B0002CTZB6

It doesn't track or locate objects but it actually gives you a pretty good view. As for eyepieces, I have too many.... For just casual viewing I find it much easier to just use a Zoom eyepiece. This is the one I have: https://www.amazon.com/Celestron-93230- ... 201&sr=1-4

You had mentioned using binos and how tiring it can get. I agree. What works for me is to take a 'walking stick' along and when you want to use the binos you can just place them on the top of the walking stick to stabilize them.

I'm sure everyone will have opinions but the above is my grab and go stuff that I have used for years.
Gordon
Scopes: Explore Scientific ED80CF, Skywatcher 200 Quattro Imaging Newt, SeeStar S50 for EAA.
Mounts: Orion Atlas EQ-g mount & Skywatcher EQ5 Pro.
ZWO mini guider.
Image cameras: ZWO ASI1600 MM Cool, ZWO ASI533mc-Pro, ZWO ASI174mm-C (for use with my Quark chromosphere), ZWO ASI120MC
Filters: LRGB, Ha 7nm, O-III 7nm, S-II 7nm
Eyepieces: a few.
Primary software: Cartes du Ciel, N.I.N.A, StarTools V1.4.

sdbodin United States of America
Milky Way Ambassador

TSS Awards Badges

TSS Photo of the Day

Post by sdbodin »

Ditto for a short 80, I have a couple and my Orion semi-apo is perfect grab and go. Couple with a 2 inch diagonal and 30mm eyepiece, the $80-$150 cheapo's, and a great birding scope at 14x, no need for a finder and at this mag it is a finder. Also, at 14x the full extent of M31 is visible and much more.

Mount, well, I'll leave that to others, needless to say this is difficult, maybe you need two, and easy manual alt-az for terrestrial and a goto for the heavens. This could be the expensive part.

Clear skies,
Steve
Scopes; Meade 16 LX200, AT80LE, plus bunch just sitting around gathering dust
Cameras; Atik 460ex mono, Zwo ASI1600MC-cool, QHY5L-II color and mono
mikemarotta
Orion Spur Ambassador

TSS Awards Badges

Post by mikemarotta »

Butterfly Maiden wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 4:29 pm ... Anyway, basically I am looking for a lightweight telescope (not large in size) that Sophia and I can carry with us in the car to go into the Forest to view the sky at different locations ( as well as from our home) and is easy to set up. I don't want to have a laptop to control anything. ...
Bigzmey wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 5:08 pm Sounds like you want grab and go. Easy to setup and carry and suitable for wide variety of targets. I believe a small 80mm-102mm refractor or even short tube 120mm refractor on AltAz mount is the best option.
That is common sense advice, easy to endorse. All of Bigzmey's points are on-target.
As for DSOs, you can still see quite a bit in a small scope: the Orion Nebual, the Beehive, the Steam from the Teapot, Hercules Cluster, ..., an array of binaries, ...

Alt-Az mount for sure because of the weight factor.

On the same basis, I suggest a refractor not a reflector because the Newtonians do not travel as well as an all-lens system.

As for eyepieces, it depends on your budget. You really need only four: wide (40 to 32 mm), medium (25 to 20 mm), high-power (10 mm or so) and a 2X Barlow. They all compete well by brand name. Ploessl designs are always an easy recommendation: inexpensive and great for mid-range instruments. If you just started with a 32mm and a 2X Barlow you will be well on the way to a range of viewing options now and later.

You might want to ask here about specific makes and models as you get down to your choices.
---------------------------------------
Michael E. Marotta
Astro-Tech 115 mm APO Refractor Explore Scientific 102 mm f/6.47 Refractor Explore Scientific 102 mm f/9.8 Refractor Bresser 8-inch Newtonian Reflector Plössls from 40 to 6 mm Nagler Series-1 7mm. nonMeade 14 mm. Mounts: Celestron AVX, Explore Twilight I Alt-Az, Explore EXOS German Equatorial
Gfamily Wales
Saturn Ambassador

Post by Gfamily »

Butterfly Maiden wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 7:48 pm Great advice so far, for which I thank you.

Both are okay but I don't have any mounts for them to attach to a tripod, so they get a bit tiring on the arms after a while. Not ideal for long sessions.
If you have a tripod, things like this are easily available on ebay
Binocular mout.jpg
Search for "binocular mount" - Most decent 'porro' binoculars have a screw thread on the centre axis (usually with a cover fitted).

Have you discovered the binocularsky.com website (and newsletter) - they're brilliant for ideas on what can be seen from month to month.
Alternatively; take a foam sleep mat, lay it on the floor and you'll find it takes a lot of weight off your arms.
LS8 Meade SCT, SW 127 Mak, 72mm Lightwave Refractor
Star Adventurer
AZ Gti mount
www.midcheshireastro.co.uk for astro company
SkyHiker United States of America
Local Group Ambassador

TSS Awards Badges

TSS Photo of the Day

Post by SkyHiker »

I had a lot of fun with my 80 mm Apo on a simple Exos Nano (a $99 equatorial mount that is quite solid). I also enjoyed using the 80 mm on my Tiltall binocular mount, which is really a camera/binocular mount but my Tiltall with a 20 kg load can easily handle the 80 mm. Having the 80 mm on the Tiltall (much taller than an Alt-Az mount) has the advantage that you don't need a diagonal so you can look in the direction that you are eyeballing the target, which makes point-and-view much easier. That said I use my Celestron Skymaster 20x80 on the Tiltall most because of ease of use and two-eye viewing. The Apo has the best quality of course, I would use it when I want to see everything crisp.

An 80 mm with a focal length of 480 mm has a wide enough field of view that tracking is not much of a problem. The Tiltall is $190, and is head and shoulders above fancy carbon fiber mounts, you will love it. You should be able to get an 80 mm achromat for below $200, but I would also recommend getting 20x80 binoculars, the Celestron Skymaster 20x80 are only $160 and they are a good value.

Sorry about the US $ prices, it is just to give an idea of the cost, you can find an equivalent in GB.
... Henk. :D Telescopes: GSO 12" Astrograph, "Comet Hunter" MN152, ES ED127CF, ES ED80, WO Redcat51, Z12, AT6RC, Celestron Skymaster 20x80, Mounts and tripod: Losmandy G11S with OnStep, AVX, Tiltall, Cameras: ASI2600MC, ASI2600MM, ASI120 mini, Fuji X-a1, Canon XSi, T6, ELPH 100HS, DIY: OnStep controller, Pi4b/power rig, Afocal adapter, Foldable Dob base, Az/Alt Dob setting circles, Accessories: ZWO 36 mm filter wheel, TV Paracorr 2, Baader MPCC Mk III, ES FF, SSAG, QHY OAG-M, EAF electronic focuser, Plossls, Barlows, Telrad, Laser collimators (Seben LK1, Z12, Howie Glatter), Cheshire, 2 Orion RACIs 8x50, Software: KStars-Ekos, DSS, PHD2, Nebulosity, Photo Gallery, Gimp, CHDK, Computers:Pi4b, 2x running KStars/Ekos, Toshiba Satellite 17", Website:Henk's astro images
Gulf Coast Guy
Mars Ambassador

Post by Gulf Coast Guy »

Butterfly Maiden wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 7:48 pm Great advice so far, for which I thank you.

I will make a note of all models of telescopes that get suggested and do more research into them later on :smile:
One of these will make the 10x50's more usable. Just lie back and scan the sky. much easier on both the arms and the neck.
https://www.amazon.com/Gravity-Recliner ... 6766412459

Add this and a cold beverage and it gets even better.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01K1OHZ1G/re ... ljaz10cnVl
OTA's: 203mm f10 Meade SCT (LXD75); Antares 80mm Refractor w/William Optics APOGrade f6.9 objective; Orion Starseeker 80 f11.2 Refractor
Mount/tripod's: Meade LXD-75 EQ; Orion Starseeker IV ALT/AZ; Celestron Heavy Duty ALT/AZ Farpoint UBM (Universal Binocular Mount)
Eyepieces:Meade - 26mm plossl, 12mm Astrometric; GSO (OPT badge) 2" Superview 50mm & 30mm 1.25" 15mm; TMB Planetary Series 9mm, 6mm, & 4mm: 10mm & 23mm 60° that came with the 80mm f11.2
Barlows: Orion 2x Shorty; Meade 4000 Series 3x
Binoculars:Brunton 10x50 Celestron Skymaster 15x70 Oberwerk 25x100 IF delux
GCoyote United States of America
Local Group Ambassador

Post by GCoyote »

Gulf Coast Guy wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 10:31 pm

One of these will make the 10x50's more usable. Just lie back and scan the sky. much easier on both the arms and the neck.
https://www.amazon.com/Gravity-Recliner ... 6766412459

Add this and a cold beverage and it gets even better.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01K1OHZ1G/re ... ljaz10cnVl

Possibly my favorite accessory.
Any metaphor will tear if stretched over too much reality.
Gary C

Celestron Astro Master 130mm f5 Newtonian GEM
Meade 114-EQ-DH f7.9 Newtonian w/ manual GEM
Bushnell 90mm f13.9 Catadioptric
Gskyer 80mm f5 Alt/Az refractor
Jason 10x50 Binoculars
Celestron 7x50 Binoculars
Svbony 2.1x42 Binoculars
(And a bunch of stuff I'm still trying to fix or find parts for.)
turboscrew
Inter-Galactic Ambassador

TSS Awards Badges

Post by turboscrew »

Gfamily wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 10:04 pm

If you have a tripod, things like this are easily available on ebay
Search for "binocular mount" - Most decent 'porro' binoculars have a screw thread on the centre axis (usually with a cover fitted).

Have you discovered the binocularsky.com website (and newsletter) - they're brilliant for ideas on what can be seen from month to month.
Alternatively; take a foam sleep mat, lay it on the floor and you'll find it takes a lot of weight off your arms.
I have one of those. I use it to connect my 10x50 binoculars to my Manfrotto camera tripod.
- Juha

Senior Embedded SW Designer
Telescope: OrionOptics XV12, Mount: CEM120, Tri-pier 360 and alternative dobson mount.
Grab 'n go: Omegon AC 102/660 on AZ-3 mount
Eyepieces: 26 mm Omegon SWAN 70°, 15 mm TV Plössl, 12.5 mm Baader Morpheus, 10 mm TV Delos, 6 mm Baader Classic Ortho, 5 mm TV DeLite, 4 mm and 3 mm TV Radians
Cameras: ZWO ASI 294MM Pro, Omegon veLOX 178C
OAG: TS-Optics TSOAG09, ZWO EFW 7 x 36 mm, ZWO filter sets: LRGB and Ha/OIII/SII
Explore Scientific HR 2" coma corrector, Meade x3 1.25" Barlow, TV PowerMate 4x 2"
Some filters (#80A, ND-96, ND-09, Astronomik UHC)
Laptop: Acer Enduro Urban N3 semi-rugged, Windows 11
LAT 61° 28' 10.9" N, Bortle 5

I don't suffer from insanity. I'm enjoying every minute of it.

notFritzArgelander
In Memory
In Memory

TSS Awards Badges

Post by notFritzArgelander »

If you plan to use the scope for terrestrial viewing too, I'd recommend rethinking the wide field eyepieces. They all suffer from pincushion distortion. So if you don't mind tree trunks and posts doing a shimmy as you pan the field of view they are OK. Use whatever eyepiece(s) comes with at first. A short refractor is a good low maintenance first choice. An 80mm f5 is popular.

If you want to do day time terrestrial observing you need an erecting prism. For night time use a star diagonal.

My grab and go kit consists of

VMC110L very nice lunar and planetary views and can reach all the Messier DSOs. I don't recommend it for beginners as you need to check collimation.

Vixen star diagonal.

Orion erect view diagonal.

Red dot finder.

Orion Star Seeker III giving alt azimuth mount.

I like the flip mirror that comes with some of the Vixen products. It allows switching to a camera (in the straight through position) after you've acquired the object. Focus at the camera not at the eyepiece. Several Vixen refractors are sold with the flip mirror assembly.
Scopes: Refs: Orion ST80, SV 80EDA f7, TS 102ED f11 Newts: AWB 130mm, f5, Z12 f5; Cats: VMC110L, Intes MK66,VMC200L f9.75 EPs: KK Fujiyama Orthoscopics, 2x Vixen NPLs (40-6mm) and BCOs, Baader Mark IV zooms, TV Panoptics, Delos, Plossl 32-8mm. Mixed brand Masuyama/Astroplans Binoculars: Nikon Aculon 10x50, Celestron 15x70, Baader Maxbright. Mounts: Star Seeker IV, Vixen Porta II, Celestron CG5
Ylem United States of America
Universal Ambassador

TSS Photo of the Day

Post by Ylem »

I second a ST80 and a heavy duty photo tripod for trips into the forest.
There are some decent tripods that might collapse enough to fit in a back pack.
Clear Skies,
-Jeff :telescopewink:

Member; ASTRA-NJ

Orion 80ED
Celestron C5, 6SE, Celestar 8
Vixen Porta Mount ll
Coronado PST
A big box of Plossls
Little box of filters
:D

ARock
Saturn Ambassador

TSS Awards Badges

Post by ARock »

And in case you are wondering about where to buy a ST80 or clone, in your neck of the woods (when it comes back on stock)

OTA only, if you want to add your own mount.
https://www.firstlightoptics.com/startr ... 0-ota.html

Combo with a AZ3 mount.
https://www.firstlightoptics.com/startr ... 0-az3.html

The general Skywatcher Startravel page
https://www.firstlightoptics.com/startravel.html

It is generally good to plan your upgrade path/timeline. Do you think you want a scope for the next 1 year, 2 years, or 5 years. That might influence the choice of scope/mount to have things more future compatible.
AR
Scopes: Zhumell Z8, Meade Adventure 80mm, Bushnell 1300x100 Goto Mak.
Mount: ES EXOS Nano EQ Mount, DIY Arduino+Stepper drives.
AP: 50mm guidescope, AR0130 based guidecam, Canon T3i, UHC filter.
EPs: ES82 18,11,6.7mm, Zhumell 30,9mm FJ Ortho 9mm, assorted plossls, Meade 2x S-F Barlow, DGM NPB filter.
Binos: Celestron Skymaster 15x70 (Albott tripod/monopod), Nikon Naturalist 7x35.
Graeme1858 Great Britain
Co-Administrator
Co-Administrator
Articles: 1

TSS Awards Badges

TSS Photo of the Day

I Broke The Forum.

Post by Graeme1858 »

Lots of sound advice there Vanessa.

And if you would like more here's a very fine article by our very own Bigzmey:

app.php/article/how-to-select-your-first-telescope.

Regards

Graeme
APM 11x70 ED APO Binoculars.

https://www.averywayobservatory.co.uk/
Local Group Ambassador

TSS Photo of the Day

WOW! A very big thank you (and hugs) for an overwhelming amount of brilliant advice from everyone :D

It is going to take me quite some time to go through all these posts and pick out the equipment suggested for me to do further research (especially the cost involved.)

I also like the additional consideration for comfort whilst skywatching. Perfect :D
Vanessa

Leica 8x32BN binoculars.
turboscrew
Inter-Galactic Ambassador

TSS Awards Badges

Post by turboscrew »

I'd recommend the binocular adapter anyway, if you have a camera tripod. It's not very expensive.
https://www.firstlightoptics.com/adapte ... apter.html
- Juha

Senior Embedded SW Designer
Telescope: OrionOptics XV12, Mount: CEM120, Tri-pier 360 and alternative dobson mount.
Grab 'n go: Omegon AC 102/660 on AZ-3 mount
Eyepieces: 26 mm Omegon SWAN 70°, 15 mm TV Plössl, 12.5 mm Baader Morpheus, 10 mm TV Delos, 6 mm Baader Classic Ortho, 5 mm TV DeLite, 4 mm and 3 mm TV Radians
Cameras: ZWO ASI 294MM Pro, Omegon veLOX 178C
OAG: TS-Optics TSOAG09, ZWO EFW 7 x 36 mm, ZWO filter sets: LRGB and Ha/OIII/SII
Explore Scientific HR 2" coma corrector, Meade x3 1.25" Barlow, TV PowerMate 4x 2"
Some filters (#80A, ND-96, ND-09, Astronomik UHC)
Laptop: Acer Enduro Urban N3 semi-rugged, Windows 11
LAT 61° 28' 10.9" N, Bortle 5

I don't suffer from insanity. I'm enjoying every minute of it.