LXD75 AUX port power

Discuss Meade mounts.
StarLord101
Moon Ambassador
Articles: 0

LXD75 AUX port power

Post by StarLord101 »

So I've come across many threads of people talking about tapping into the 12v power from the basically useless AUX port on the LXD75 to power either devices or electronics for their setup. I've seen it written more than once that it supposedly is always outputting the 12v and on pin 4 and GND on pin 1, regardless of something plugged into it (which is also why there is so many tales of people mistaking that it's an rs232 port and frying electronics). I've never touched mine, but I tried connecting a 4 pin rj connector like the hc rs232 one into the AUX port, but couldn't get any voltage reading from the pins on the other end. So I tried to probe directly into the pins 4 and 1 on the aux with the mount on....and still not detecting anything. Anybody know anything about this or have used it for power? I've seen many threads saying they did so, but surprisingly very little information about it out in the open compared to the rest of the mount and hc.
LXD75 GEM mount used with 90mm Meade Refractor, 102mm Celestron reflector, and a deforked Original Meade ETX Mak
Canon T1i stock
Various modified or 3d printed DIY enhancements or tweaks
Does a kids sunglass lens count as a fancy filter? Cause I have lots of those :)
John Donne United States of America
Orion Spur Ambassador
Articles: 0

TSS Awards Badges

TSS Photo of the Day

Re: LXD75 AUX port power

Post by John Donne »

I have this mount but have never tried to use this. I will probe it and see what I come up with.

Oops...I guess this is a very okd thread...sorry.
SCOPES :ES127 f7.5, SW100 f9 Evostar, ES80 F6, LXD75 8" f10 SCT, 2120 10" f10 SCT, ES152 f6.5.
MOUNTS: SW AZ/EQ5, MEADE LXD75, CELESTRON CG4, Farpoint Parallelogram.
BINOCULARS: CL 10X30, Pentax 8X43, 25X100 Oberwerks.
EP: Many.

"I am more than a sum of molecules.
I am more than a sum of memories or events.
I do not one day suddenly cease to be.
I am, before memory.
I am, before event.
I am"