July 31 Moon

Post your Lunar images here.
Mac United States of America
Local Group Ambassador
Articles: 0

TSS Photo of the Day

July 31 Moon

Post by Mac »

I managed to get a few shots of the evil orb before the clouds moved in. This was taken thru some high clouds and a glow around the entire Moon was very prevalent. Not the best of conditions.

Steve

Scopes : Explore Scientific ED102 Triplet APO - Radian Raptor Triplet APO - Orion 50mm
Mount : AVX EQ | Software : KStars - EKOS - Stellar OS | Cameras : ZWO ASI533MC ASI1600MM ASI120MM-mini
CPU : Mac Studio, iMac - Kstars-Ekos on Raspberry Rpi4/RPi5 | Misc : Thousand Oaks dew controller - DewNot straps - Optolong L-enhance - ZWO EAF
Image Processing : PixInsight - LightRoom - Photoshop - macOS 14 - Windows 11
Juno16 United States of America
Universal Ambassador

TSS Awards Badges

TSS Photo of the Day

Re: July 31 Moon

Post by Juno16 »

Nice sharp image Steve with great contrast!

As of yesterday, the forecast for tonight looked good for me. I haven’t been out in close to two months.

Due to the 98% illuminated moon, I was just going to set up, PA with Sharpcap, run a few plate solves, guide for awhile, and run a few focus routines just to make sure all runs well and I stay fluent. Then put it all away until the moon isn’t so obtrusive.

The forecasts aren’t as good this morning, so that might not happen!

I’m really enjoying your images Steve! Keep ‘em up!
Jim

Scopes: Explore Scientific ED102 APO, Sharpstar 61 EDPH II APO, Samyang 135 F2 (still on the Nikon).
Mount: Skywatcher HEQ5 Pro with Rowan Belt Mod
Stuff: ASI EAF Focus Motor (x2), Orion 50mm Guide Scope, ZWO 30 mm Guide Scope, ASI 220mm min, ASI 120mm mini, Stellarview 0.8 FR/FF, Sharpstar 0.8 FR/FF, Mele Overloock 3C.
Camera/Filters/Software: ASI 533 mc pro, ASI 120mm mini, Orion SSAG, IDAS LPS D-1, Optolong L-Enhance, ZWO UV/IR Cut, N.I.N.A., Green Swamp Server, PHD2, Adobe Photoshop CC, Pixinsight.
Dog and best bud: Jack
Sky: Bortle 6-7
My Astrobin: https://www.astrobin.com/users/Juno16/
Ylem United States of America
Universal Ambassador

TSS Photo of the Day

Post by Ylem »

Very nice 👍
Clear Skies,
-Jeff :telescopewink:

Member; ASTRA-NJ

Orion 80ED
Celestron C5, 6SE, Celestar 8
Vixen Porta Mount ll
Coronado PST
A big box of Plossls
Little box of filters
:D

Local Group Ambassador

TSS Photo of the Day

Post by Mac »

Juno16 wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 2:01 pm Nice sharp image Steve with great contrast!

As of yesterday, the forecast for tonight looked good for me. I haven’t been out in close to two months.

Due to the 98% illuminated moon, I was just going to set up, PA with Sharpcap, run a few plate solves, guide for awhile, and run a few focus routines just to make sure all runs well and I stay fluent. Then put it all away until the moon isn’t so obtrusive.

The forecasts aren’t as good this morning, so that might not happen!

I’m really enjoying your images Steve! Keep ‘em up!
Thanks Jim, I really hope you can get out and image. You can surely get some photons even with the Moon blaring away in the sky. I started imaging the Eastern Veil just before the thick clouds rolled in and got this image with a 300 sec sub. You can easily get some globs too :D. Don't let this orb keep you from imaging, something.

I can never trust the forecast here, when they say it will be clear, it's cloudy and vice-versa.
NGC_6992_Light_003_RGB_VNG_ABE_DBE-2.png
Steve

Scopes : Explore Scientific ED102 Triplet APO - Radian Raptor Triplet APO - Orion 50mm
Mount : AVX EQ | Software : KStars - EKOS - Stellar OS | Cameras : ZWO ASI533MC ASI1600MM ASI120MM-mini
CPU : Mac Studio, iMac - Kstars-Ekos on Raspberry Rpi4/RPi5 | Misc : Thousand Oaks dew controller - DewNot straps - Optolong L-enhance - ZWO EAF
Local Group Ambassador

TSS Photo of the Day

Post by Mac »

Ylem wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 2:10 pmVery nice 👍
Thanks Jeff
Steve