1. To use this forum to post any items for "sale, trade or wanted", you must have a minimum of 5 posts. No exceptions!!!!
2) Post an asking price, period. No Auctions, No Links to Auctions. Items offered for trade should have a reasonable dollar value posted.
3) Be sure to prefix the subject title with "For Sale", "Trade" or "Wanted" so members scanning the Ads can find what they are looking for.
3) Your country / state must be included in your profile. Posts without a location listed will be deleted.
4) Once your item has sold, please post a reply in the tread advising that the item has been sold. The Co-Admin team will then close the topic.
5) Topics for "For Sale" or "Trade" that are left open for 6 months or more will be considered 'abandoned and will be automatically closed.
6) Sell and buy at your own risk...There have been several reports of a scam artist wanting to send payments a-la Nigerian email scam. Use common sense and follow up with your buyer and seller. If it sound too good to be true is probably is. We suggest strongly that if you do sell anything of value, that you contact the person directly before you proceed.
7) Any criticisms you may have regarding the item listed for sale should be addressed privately via the PM system. This includes any alternate price "offers".
8) We have noted instances where bad results have occurred when an email address is posted openly in an advertisement. Scammers abound. We recommend that all initial contacts between sellers and buyers be made via the PM system where email addresses can be exchanged securely.
9) VERY IMPORTANT....
TSS is providing the TSS Classifieds forum as a service to our members. We do not get involved with your transactions. Please DO NOT attempt to get any of the "Team" to help you with problems dealing with transactions we WILL NOT take on that responsibility. By using this forum topic you are releasing TheSkySearchers.com and all Team members of any liability of a deal gone bad.
- Jupiter Ambassador
- Articles: 0
- Posts: 210
- Joined: Tue May 07, 2019 2:41 pm
- Location: Kenya
- Has thanked: 339 times
- Been thanked: 331 times
Last year I bought a Canon 50D astro-modified DSLR from a vendor on Cloudy Nights. I wanted an astro-modified DSLR and thought this was a good choice because the images on Astrobin done with this model are very nice.
I failed to realize that, here on the equator, this particular DSLR would have trouble with the heat. The sensor on the camera runs at about 40C -- really hot. Even a 120s sub at 1600iso has a lot of noise.
So, as nice as the camera is, I need to sell. In the meantime, I did what I probably should have done all along, which is to get my Fujifilm X-A1 astro-modded. I have not had a chance to use it yet -- just got it back. But the Fuji X-A1 performed well in the equatorial conditions even when using iso6400.
Anyway, long story short: I am selling my Canon 50D. BTW, that is not a typo. Yep, it's the 50D model. Asking $350.
1) DSLR -- astro-modified (body only -- no lens)
2) Low Shutter Count = 16,000 only
3) Power pack battery with adapter (runs with either 110V or 220V).
4) Camera grip with 2 normal batteries (but I have noticed that neither battery lasts very long)
5) battery charger
6) Long tether cable to attach camera to a laptop: 15 feet long
7) 2gb memory card
8) Camera bag
All this for $350. Buyer pays shipping. If you are in the continental United States, that shipping should be about $20. With time, I could manage to ship to UK. But I'm mainly targeting US or Canada at this point, since a friend of mine is travelling from Nairobi Kenya to Chicago in mid-January.
PS Attached is an image I did of M31 using my Canon 50D, using 70 x 120s subs. I wanted 300s subs but the noise on the sensor made it impossible to get anything longer than 120s -- and even the 120s subs were very noisy.
Also attached are pictures of the Canon 50D that is for sale.