For Sale Celestron CG-5 mount, tripod and C6R for sale

Buy, Sell, Trade or see if another member has what you are looking for. Please be sure to read the rules!
Forum rules
1. To use this forum to post any items for "sale, trade or wanted", you must have a minimum of 5 posts. No exceptions!!!!

2) Post an asking price, period. No Auctions, No Links to Auctions. Items offered for trade should have a reasonable dollar value posted.

3) Be sure to prefix the subject title with "For Sale", "Trade" or "Wanted" so members scanning the Ads can find what they are looking for.

3) Your country / state must be included in your profile. Posts without a location listed will be deleted.

4) Once your item has sold, please post a reply in the tread advising that the item has been sold. The Co-Admin team will then close the topic.

5) Topics for "For Sale" or "Trade" that are left open for 6 months or more will be considered 'abandoned and will be automatically closed.

6) Sell and buy at your own risk...There have been several reports of a scam artist wanting to send payments a-la Nigerian email scam. Use common sense and follow up with your buyer and seller. If it sound too good to be true is probably is. We suggest strongly that if you do sell anything of value, that you contact the person directly before you proceed.

7) Any criticisms you may have regarding the item listed for sale should be addressed privately via the PM system. This includes any alternate price "offers".

8) We have noted instances where bad results have occurred when an email address is posted openly in an advertisement. Scammers abound. We recommend that all initial contacts between sellers and buyers be made via the PM system where email addresses can be exchanged securely.

9) VERY IMPORTANT....
TSS is providing the TSS Classifieds forum as a service to our members. We do not get involved with your transactions. Please DO NOT attempt to get any of the "Team" to help you with problems dealing with transactions we WILL NOT take on that responsibility. By using this forum topic you are releasing TheSkySearchers.com and all Team members of any liability of a deal gone bad.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
JimMinCT
Mars Ambassador
Articles: 0

TSS Awards Badges

For Sale Celestron CG-5 mount, tripod and C6R for sale

Post by JimMinCT » Mon Aug 12, 2019 11:11 pm

Hey all,
As the title suggests, I am selling my old CG-5 mount, along with the C6R.
This sale will include:
The mount
The tripod
A single, 11 lb counterweight
all the cases for everything.

It will also include the C6R f/8 refractor. A decent doublet scope.
I upgraded the focuser to a GSO 112 mm oversized, rotatable dual speed crayford style.
it includes the stock straight through finder scope.
As I used the power adapter for the CGX, you will need to buy one.
The mount is in OK condition. It lived outside for a few years under cover and was still pulling down 1200 sec images when I switched over to the CGX.
It is used, not abused. I've torn it apart regularly to regrease it and it should provide adequate service for some time.
The on/off switch has also been replaced.
I will not/can not ship everything, so a local pickup is required. I'm willing to drive to the CT border in any direction, and possibly a bit farther if it works out.
US $600 for everything
I will put up pics a bit later
PM me, or ask any questions in the thread...
Cheers!
OTA's: Kson 1026-C, 4" Carbon Fiber ED Refractor, Celestron C6R, 150mm, Home-built, 6.1", f/2.? APO refractor... (In Progress) 8" Meade LX2 SCT Mounts: ASGT CG-5, CGX Imaging: ZWO ASI 1600MM, Canon 550D (T2i) Software: PixInsight, APT, PHD2, SharpCap, SGP, Stellarium, Registax, Stuff: Astro-Tech 0.8x FR/FF, Hotech SCA FF, ZWO 7nm 31mm LRGB-SHO filter set, ZWO 8 position EFWObsy: "Maybe Spaceship" Observatory
JimMinCT
Mars Ambassador
Articles: 0

TSS Awards Badges

Re: Celestron CG-5 mount, tripod and C6R for sale

Post by JimMinCT » Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:15 pm

OK,
After looking over the whole unit... I do have a power adapter for it.
The OTA is in like new condition. Other than the V bar. The CG-5 is not friendly to them.
The mount is in good condition and should give good service for a few years at least.
As promised, here are some pics.
Included are all 3 cases along with the manuals, (not shown).
I'm in the process of posting it to Craigslist as well.
Thanks for looking!
Attachments
20190814_183426.jpg
20190814_183431.jpg
20190814_183439.jpg
20190814_183452.jpg
20190814_184910.jpg
20190814_185010.jpg
20190814_185449.jpg
20190814_185454.jpg
OTA's: Kson 1026-C, 4" Carbon Fiber ED Refractor, Celestron C6R, 150mm, Home-built, 6.1", f/2.? APO refractor... (In Progress) 8" Meade LX2 SCT Mounts: ASGT CG-5, CGX Imaging: ZWO ASI 1600MM, Canon 550D (T2i) Software: PixInsight, APT, PHD2, SharpCap, SGP, Stellarium, Registax, Stuff: Astro-Tech 0.8x FR/FF, Hotech SCA FF, ZWO 7nm 31mm LRGB-SHO filter set, ZWO 8 position EFWObsy: "Maybe Spaceship" Observatory

Return to “TSS Classifieds”