Apertura 10 x 50 Right Angle Finder Scope (RACI)

Post your comments in regards to recent Articles and Reviews.
Unitron48 United States of America
Local Group Ambassador
Articles: 0

TSS Awards Badges

Re: Apertura 10 x 50 Right Angle Finder Scope (RACI)

Post by Unitron48 »

Thanks for a great review..and all the additional comments! I was holding out for an SV 10x60, but just pulled the trigger on the Apertura!!

Dave
Unitron (60mm, 102mm), Brandon 94
Stellarvue SVX127D
http://www.unitronhistory.com

"Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better." Albert Einstein
Bigzmey United States of America
Articles: 8

TSS Awards Badges

Post by Bigzmey »

The other night I wanted to see how the Apertura RACI performs at higher powers. 6mm Baader Classic Ortho (BCO) produced a nice sharp view of 70% lunar phase at 33x. I could not detect any CA. I stepped up the power to 74x using Baader Q-Barlow 2.25x. The view of the lunar surface became dimmer and softer, and yellowish ring of CA became apparent around the lunar disk. However, I was delighted to see that there was plenty of helical focuser travel to accommodate Barlow/BCO combo.

Next time I will try some bright DSOs and doubles. I should try a zoom EP to. :) But even now it is clear that this RACI can function as an ultralight telescope.
Scopes: Stellarvue: SV102ED; Celestron: 9.25" EdgeHD, 8" SCT, 150ST, Onyx 80ED; iOptron: Hankmeister 6" Mak; SW: 7" Mak; Meade: 80ST.
Mounts: SW: SkyTee2, AzGTi; iOptron: AZMP; ES: Twilight I; Bresser: EXOS2; UA: MicroStar.
Binos: APM: 100-90 APO; Canon: IS 15x50; Orion: Binoviewer, LG II 15x70, WV 10x50, Nikon: AE 16x50, 10x50, 8x40.
EPs: Pentax: XWs & XFs; TeleVue: Delites, Panoptic & Plossls; ES: 68, 62; Vixen: SLVs; Baader: BCOs, Aspherics, Mark IV.
Diagonals: Baader: BBHS mirror, Zeiss Spec T2 prism, Clicklock dielectric; TeleVue: Evebrite dielectric; AltairAstro: 2" prism.
Filters: Lumicon: DeepSky, UHC, OIII, H-beta; Baader: Moon & SkyGlow, Contrast Booster, UHC-S, 6-color set; Astronomik: UHC.

Observing: DSOs: 3106 (Completed: Messier, Herschel 1, 2, 3. In progress: H2,500: 2180, S110: 77). Doubles: 2382, Comets: 34, Asteroids: 255
notFritzArgelander
In Memory
In Memory
Articles: 0

TSS Awards Badges

Post by notFritzArgelander »

Bigzmey wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 8:07 pm The other night I wanted to see how the Apertura RACI performs at higher powers. 6mm Baader Classic Ortho (BCO) produced a nice sharp view of 70% lunar phase at 33x. I could not detect any CA. I stepped up the power to 74x using Baader Q-Barlow 2.25x. The view of the lunar surface became dimmer and softer, and yellowish ring of CA became apparent around the lunar disk. However, I was delighted to see that there was plenty of helical focuser travel to accommodate Barlow/BCO combo.

Next time I will try some bright DSOs and doubles. I should try a zoom EP to. :) But even now it is clear that this RACI can function as an ultralight telescope.
Mine has arrived, along with other goodies. So the transparency has plummeted into the sewer, of course.
Scopes: Refs: Orion ST80, SV 80EDA f7, TS 102ED f11 Newts: AWB 130mm, f5, Z12 f5; Cats: VMC110L, Intes MK66,VMC200L f9.75 EPs: KK Fujiyama Orthoscopics, 2x Vixen NPLs (40-6mm) and BCOs, Baader Mark IV zooms, TV Panoptics, Delos, Plossl 32-8mm. Mixed brand Masuyama/Astroplans Binoculars: Nikon Aculon 10x50, Celestron 15x70, Baader Maxbright. Mounts: Star Seeker IV, Vixen Porta II, Celestron CG5