The Sky Searchers.com Astrophotography Contest!

Here's where our AP contest information will be contained.
Gordon
Site Admin
Articles: 291

TSS Awards Badges

Re: The Sky Searchers.com Astrophotography Contest!

Post by Gordon »

Could be, let's see what others have to say.
Gordon
Scopes: Explore Scientific ED80CF, Skywatcher 254N, Orion ST80, Orion Atlas EQ-g mount, Orion SSAG guider. Baader MPCC MkIII coma corrector, Vixen 70mm refractor. Lunt LS35THa solar scope. Skywatcher EQ5pro mount. Imagers: ZWO ASI1600 MM Cool, ZWO ASI174mm-C (for use with my Quark chromosphere), ZWO ASI120MC Filters: LRGB, Ha 7nm, O-III 7nm, S-II 7nm Eyepieces: a few, Primary software: Cartes du Ciel, EQMOD, SGP, Nebulosity, Photoshop, StarTools V1.4
Blog: http://ghswen.blogspot.com/
Thefatkitty
Articles: 0

TSS Photo of the Day

Post by Thefatkitty »

yobbo89 wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 7:07 pm
Is half the problem from posting in the wrong place?
That might be... Personally i've been posting anything like that in the Astrophotography forum. I've also been wondering why I can't "thank" certain posts...Now I know :facepalm:
sdbodin
Orion Spur Ambassador

TSS Awards Badges

TSS Photo of the Day

Post by sdbodin »

Thefatkitty wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 7:40 pm
yobbo89 wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 7:07 pm
Is half the problem from posting in the wrong place?
That might be... Personally i've been posting anything like that in the Astrophotography forum. I've also been wondering why I can't "thank" certain posts...Now I know :facepalm:
Yup, me too. Plus, I have confusion on dates of image for a 'monthly' contest, and an on-going beef with the 4 solar sysytem and only one dso catagory, but that's my problem, I guess.

Steve
Scopes; Meade 16 LX200, AT80LE, plus bunch just sitting around gathering dust
Cameras; Atik 460ex mono, Zwo ASI1600MC-cool, QHY5L-II color and mono
mbenjaminz28
Moon Ambassador

TSS Photo of the Day

Post by mbenjaminz28 »

I know that these comments are likely going to stir things up but simply counting likes is a pretty poor way to judge astrophoto skills. I don't know about the rest of you but I most likely don't even look at all the new photos that show up every day, in every thread let alone the ones that get pushed down the order because no one leaves any comments. I leave likes pretty much for every photo I look at regardless of how good it is or isn't in my opinion, just the fact that someone is willing to post their product is good enough reason for me.
I would rather see a single person (Take turns on different days/weeks?) objectively look at the days images and decide that way everyone has at least known that their image was looked at and considered.
William optics flt 132, WO 0.72 reducer, Sbig Aluma U694/FW8G/AO-8a, 36mm LRGB 3nm Ha Oiii Sii, Cem120 non ec, Celestron CGX, Meade 12"F8 ota, Meade 70mm astrograph, Meade 6sn, TSflat2
Gordon
Site Admin
Articles: 291

TSS Awards Badges

Post by Gordon »

mbenjaminz28 wrote:
Tue May 26, 2020 4:43 pm
I know that these comments are likely going to stir things up but simply counting likes is a pretty poor way to judge astrophoto skills. I don't know about the rest of you but I most likely don't even look at all the new photos that show up every day, in every thread let alone the ones that get pushed down the order because no one leaves any comments. I leave likes pretty much for every photo I look at regardless of how good it is or isn't in my opinion, just the fact that someone is willing to post their product is good enough reason for me.
I would rather see a single person (Take turns on different days/weeks?) objectively look at the days images and decide that way everyone has at least known that their image was looked at and considered.
That's pretty much what we are doing the with TSS APOD.
Gordon
Scopes: Explore Scientific ED80CF, Skywatcher 254N, Orion ST80, Orion Atlas EQ-g mount, Orion SSAG guider. Baader MPCC MkIII coma corrector, Vixen 70mm refractor. Lunt LS35THa solar scope. Skywatcher EQ5pro mount. Imagers: ZWO ASI1600 MM Cool, ZWO ASI174mm-C (for use with my Quark chromosphere), ZWO ASI120MC Filters: LRGB, Ha 7nm, O-III 7nm, S-II 7nm Eyepieces: a few, Primary software: Cartes du Ciel, EQMOD, SGP, Nebulosity, Photoshop, StarTools V1.4
Blog: http://ghswen.blogspot.com/

Return to “TSS Astrophotography Contest”